Scenario 2: UC loses to UConn today

BCS: UL
Russell: RU
Belk: SU
Pinstripe: UConn
Alabama Rat: UC
Beefaroni: Pitt

This assumes Pitt will beat USF today.

The two open questions are whether the Belk will take SU over UC if UC loses today and assuming they do, whether the Pinstripe takes UConn or Pitt. If the Pinstripe can get WVU as the opponent, they surely would take Pitt. Otherwise, I would think they would take UConn.

Unbelievable that as bad as UConn has looked at times, they still have a chance to make a bowl game.

Unbelievable that as bad as UConn has looked at times, they still have a chance to make a bowl game.

I see it as Coach P's constant quest for being 6-6.

I think Belk will take us even if Cincy wins today. Just a sense that the ACC match-up will appear to be a better draw. We have also gotten a lot of buzz with our late season heroics.

As far as I can tell...

Scenario 1: UC Beats UConn today

Belk: UC
Pinstripe: SU
Alabama Rat: vacant

The two open questions are whether the Belk will take SU over UC if UC loses today and assuming they do, whether the Pinstripe takes UConn or Pitt. If the Pinstripe can get WVU as the opponent, they surely would take Pitt. Otherwise, I would think they would take UConn.
Gonna be tough to stomach, but I've gotta pull for Uconn today.

I think Belk will take us even if Cincy wins today. Just a sense that the ACC match-up will appear to be a better draw. We have also gotten a lot of buzz with our late season heroics.

They better hurry up and lock us in before we announce the Big 10 move.

I agree with this and have for a few weeks now.
As far as the B1G move, the article about two 10 team divisions is interesting and does make some sense.
Stranger things have happened. I would still be surprised if it happened.

They better hurry up and lock us in before we announce the Big 10 move.

Yeah if there was a Dude of Cuse then he would use SU not getting the Russell or Belk as evidence the ACC didn't want us as an opponent in a Bowl because we are going to the B1G.

Coach
P is not a bad coach, he's just not a good coach either. 6-6 is about right for him. A whole lot of meh.

As far as I can tell...

Scenario 1: UC Beats UConn today

Belk: UC
Pinstripe: SU
Alabama Rat: vacant

so your saying...the Syracuse Doomsday Scenario is very much in play.

if cincy wins its belk.

if the Pinstripe gets wv, they take pitt.

and Cuse gets screwed.

Oh Lord

He won 10 games at SU three times, 9 games three, 8 games one time, 7 games two times and 6 games three times.

So, I guess it wasn't a quest.

He won 10 games at SU three times, 9 games three, 8 games one time, 7 games two times and 6 games three times.

That's pretty multiple!

It's the What losses that put a damper on most seasons with P & D

Unfortunately those impressive win totals dwindled yearly.

He started out with Coach Mac players, red hot - maintaining the program at a high level.
Underachieved during the McNabb years with great players he recruited.
Lost his touch post McNabb (other than Freeney year) and missed on big time prospects for a variety of reasons.

There was a slow, consistent regression under Coach P

I like Coach P but the first 2 were with Mac's players and the third was because of Freeney. Solid coach but steadily recruited downhill as time went on.

And two of those 6 win years were the last two preceded by a 4. 16-20.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We'd be happy if Marrone matched P's success.

I would have liked Marrone to have been handed the keys to the same car Mac handed to P. I look for Marrone to have Macs numbers then P's early numbers to Boeheims. :)

I like Coach P but the first 2 were with Mac's players and the third was because of Freeney. Solid coach but steadily recruited downhill as time went on.
I don't think anybody sensed a steady downhill slope to his recruiting in the 90's. He took a program that had been high-caliber for a very short time under Mac and maintained it for almost ten years. Then the downfall occurred.

And two of those 6 win years were the last two preceded by a 4. 16-20.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's very good Bees.

I would have liked Marrone to have been handed the keys to the same car Mac handed to P. I look for Marrone to have Macs numbers then P's early numbers to Boeheims. :)

If I recall correctly Mac's success followed the hiring of DeLeone for the 1985 season and the hiring of P for the 1987 season.

So, P had something to do with the team program he inherited, right?

And, if I recall correctly, Mac, in 1990, handed P a 7 win season, right?

BTW - Didn't Roy Danforth hand over a BB program to Boeheim that he had rescued and had led to the Final Four two years earlier?

P followed Mac's 7 win season with with two 10 win seasons.

And as Dave Rahme has said time and again, P raised the level of the program while taking on a tougher schedule of games.

You can argue it all you want, but P is a great coach who had a great career at SU, and who in his last year, did what many on this board are now cheering for in 2012 - he won a share of the BE Title and a bowl bid. And he did it by pulling rabbits out of his hat - without the money and facilities that Dr. G gave to Robinson and Marrone.

And please note again that I didn't raise the issue - somebody else did with a gratuitous dig at Coach P.

I think you forgot a few things.

First, DeLeone and P recruited many of "Mac's players".

Second, Mac did not have real success until DeLeone and P came to the Hill in 1985 and 1987.

Third, you left out the years 1995, 1996, 1997 or 1998 - Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Gator Bowl and Liberty Bowl.

Fourth, you forgot about the impact that the AstroTurf in the Dome had on recruiting by the turn of the century (do you remember Schiano announcing that the field was "borderline dangerous"?) - a factor that Dr. G recognized and fixed immediately along with other much needed infrastructure improvements - that still need improving.

Sigh. So many years gone and still it seems one thread in ten becomes a tug-of-war over Coach P's reputation. He was the coach over one of the best stretches in football history. But that stretch was over and seemed incredibly unlikely to return under his leadership. You can appreciate what he did for Syracuse and still acknowledge that his best years were behind him. These two things are far from incompatible.