BE Fans Discussing the TV Contract | Syracusefan.com

BE Fans Discussing the TV Contract

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
A sad reality...personally I think they get around $6M for all sports. Pretty sobering view that the BE fans have ended their delusion of getting a contract worth more than the ACC's

http://www.csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=603127

A Rutgers fan had the best zinger on a UCF fan.

UCF Fan: 3.9 mil fb, 1.3 mil bb 4.2 mil all sports

Rutgers Fan: That kind of math is why UCF isn't getting into the ACC.

I think $6 million is way too optimistic. The football league is basically CUSA. I would guess the hoops schools will get no more than $1.5 million and the football schools maybe twice that. That's about 4.5 million for all sports schools. I may even be too optimistic on the bb side since the league has lost such star attractions as Syracuse, Notre Dame, Louisville and Pitt since last year's ESPN offer which would have yielded a little over $2 million to the hoops schools.

I have read a few posts from Big East crackpots who are still dreaming of $12-15 million per all sports school but most fans seem to be adjusting their sights to the real world economy.

Just break away already. Can't imagine what is keeping the Bball onlies from splitting.

Just about every fanbase in the Big East has irritated me at some point, but I am starting to feel bad for most of them as they realize there may be no more seats left on the lifeboat. I have read threads on just about all of their message boards over the years of how dillusional the SU fanbase is, how we think we overestimate our value, how they wish we lose every game we play in all sports, how we suck...nevermind, F them.

Just break away already. Can't imagine what is keeping the Bball onlies from splitting.
I think they can collect checks from departing teams until July 1st. Expect some kind of announcement in late June.

I think they can collect checks from departing teams until July 1st. Expect some kind of announcement in late June.
This...they want their welfare checks...then they'll breakaway.

The BE FB onlies need to work with the best of the west and create a 12 team AAA version of college Football.

6-8 east teams
6-8 west teams

Limit the amount of inter-division play to keep travel costs down and the student athletes.

Something like this below:

East
UConn
UMass
UCF
USF
Cincy
Memphis
USM
ECU

West
BYU
Boise
UNLV
Nevada
SDSU
New Mexico
UTEP
Fresno

This...they want their welfare checks...then they'll breakaway.

The BE FB onlies need to work with the best of the west and create a 12 team AAA version of college Football.

6-8 east teams
6-8 west teams

Limit the amount of inter-division play to keep travel costs down and the student athletes.

Something like this below:

East
UConn
UMass
UCF
USF
Cincy
Memphis
USM
ECU

West
BYU
Boise
UNLV
Nevada
SDSU
New Mexico
UTEP
Fresno

Uconn should stick with the hoops schools in all sports and go indy or join the MAC for football.

I think $6 million is way too optimistic. The football league is basically CUSA. I would guess the hoops schools will get no more than $1.5 million and the football schools maybe twice that. That's about 4.5 million for all sports schools. I may even be too optimistic on the bb side since the league has lost such star attractions as Syracuse, Notre Dame, Louisville and Pitt since last year's ESPN offer which would have yielded a little over $2 million to the hoops schools.

I have read a few posts from Big East crackpots who are still dreaming of $12-15 million per all sports school but most fans seem to be adjusting their sights to the real world economy.
I think $12-15 million total is more realistic than $12-15 per school

This is the sort of talk being bandied about by some of the more rational NNNBE posters (in this case East Carolina fans):

Originally posted by PaulDel:
No trash talk, just a legitimate question. BE is now CUSA, if the networks would only pay 1.25 mil per team in CUSA, why pay $8 mil just because you changed your name?
Because the new BE Commissioner knows the inside and outside of the TV network business and will do a better job of extracting money from the networks. That and as indicated above, there are a couple of BE TV markets that are larger that the CUSA had.

Honestly, the bball schools stand to make a fairly nice payday with all these realignment payouts...

This is the sort of talk being bandied about by some of the more rational NNNBE posters (in this case East Carolina fans):

Originally posted by PaulDel:
No trash talk, just a legitimate question. BE is now CUSA, if the networks would only pay 1.25 mil per team in CUSA, why pay $8 mil just because you changed your name?
Because the new BE Commissioner knows the inside and outside of the TV network business and will do a better job of extracting money from the networks. That and as indicated above, there are a couple of BE TV markets that are larger that the CUSA had.

How can you not trust the competence of the new BE Commissioner?

Honestly, the bball schools stand to make a fairly nice payday with all these realignment payouts...

One last teet-suckle before back to chump-change-ville.

That is the truth. Providence College stands to make a fortune. Perhaps that was Dave Gavitt's plan all along. Sheer genius!