Be Honest Now (SUNJ vs Houston) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Be Honest Now (SUNJ vs Houston)

will they call the jumping over people today.. most of these teams that rebound like this come flying in because they all crash the boards and nothing gets called.. most of our over the back calls come from guys standing next to people and trying to jump up and over.. you see in many of these games they reward guys with running starts and ignore it but call it when 2 guys are standing next to each other and one has position..

Yes, and no.

While we were without Buddy for that first game, they didn’t have Geo -
so that’s a push.

In Houston’s games in March, they struggled with and barely beat Memphis 2x and SUNJ.
All 3 games were 1 possession wins.

Houston’s best all around player is dinged up now.

I’d much rather face a coach & team with zero recent experience vs our zone.
And we are.

Agreed.

And that doesn't take anything away from Houston.

As a wise man once pontificated, if you want to BE the man, you have to BEAT the man. There's no easy path to the F4.

Yes, and no.

While we were without Buddy for that first game, they didn’t have Geo -
so that’s a push.

In Houston’s games in March, they struggled with and barely beat Memphis 2x and SUNJ.
All 3 games were 1 possession wins.

Houston’s best all around player is dinged up now.

I’d much rather face a coach & team with zero recent experience vs our zone.
And we are.
Yeah.

will they call the jumping over people today.. most of these teams that rebound like this come flying in because they all crash the boards and nothing gets called.. most of our over the back calls come from guys standing next to people and trying to jump up and over.. you see in many of these games they reward guys with running starts and ignore it but call it when 2 guys are standing next to each other and one has position.

Que a gif of UNC bigs kneeing guys in the back coming in for a putback and 1.

in watching several houston games ive came away thinking there overrated because of there win loss record, we should win if we play as we have been the last 2-3 weeks

Houston lost to Tulsa, Wichita St., and East Carolina. They had 2 close wins over Memphis (by 2 and 3 points). They didn't beat any highly regarded teams. This isn't Gonzaga. If we play well we should be in the game.

the mvp of their team is dinged up. They haven’t seen our zone. JB can coach circles around Sampson.

I get Houston deserves the two seed but that and two bucks gets them a coffee.

Give me the team walking into JBs zone for the first time.

in watching several houston games ive came away thinking there overrated because of there win loss record, we should win if we play as we have been the last 2-3 weeks

I don't know about "overrated" -- they've had a tremendous, multi-year run.

But I do think that -- judging from the comments from their fanbase -- that they expect this to be pretty easy. Their fans seem to believe that they'll just execute their offense, and if they miss -- well, they're a great rebounding team, so they'll go get the ball.\

What I don't think they expect is how we're going to force turnovers, because they haven't seen personnel like ours with the zone. Can't get offensive rebounds when you turn it over.

It will be interesting to see if they can "solve" the zone puzzle, or not. WVU couldn't -- but they shot their way back into the game. Can UH?

I don't know about "overrated" -- they've had a tremendous, multi-year run.

But I do think that -- judging from the comments from their fanbase -- that they expect this to be pretty easy. Their fans seem to believe that they'll just execute their offense, and if they miss -- well, they're a great rebounding team, so they'll go get the ball.\

What I don't think they expect is how we're going to force turnovers, because they haven't seen personnel like ours with the zone. Can't get offensive rebounds when you turn it over.

It will be interesting to see if they can "solve" the zone puzzle, or not. WVU couldn't -- but they shot their way back into the game. Can UH?
your right overrated was the wrong word, they have been on a multi year run but is that a slight to the aac or real is the question.

As a wise man once pontificated, if you want to BE the man, you have to BEAT the man. There's no easy path to the F4.

9611b88f4ea372497f1f473b44c29e2c.gif

Meh.

Houston is somewhat like SDSU in not having played that tough a schedue. AAC was a little down. Rutty is battle tested. I also think if we lost to Rutgers our Sweet 16 appearance would come with an asterix.
obelix1.jpg

This guy?

Honestly I think if it was Marquette or Tennessee as the 7 seed v Houston last week and not Rutgers, we'd have rooted for them over Houston.

I think the thought of possibly losing to Rutgers twice in a year, including in a sweet sixteen was too frightening internally for most to admit and digest.

it was a tough matchup for us but we missed plenty of shots we normally make

it was a tough matchup for us but we missed plenty of shots we normally make
Yes but that is a natural result of Houston hounding us. I hate watching it as the games get choppy and frankly Cuse isn't built for it. As the refs have allowed defense to get "handsie" physical over the years, the game has evolved to hard M2M. Houston only had two guys who could shoot deep somewhat adequately but everyone was super athletic and in shape. We had zero shooters yesterday because the defense first got us off rhythm and then fatigue kicked in later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom