BE Just Lost its Bowl Certification...TCU Gone | Syracusefan.com

BE Just Lost its Bowl Certification...TCU Gone

Mr. Marinatto, I hate to bug you during your meal but some guy showed up from the BCS committee saying the word "relegation", what does that mean?

Hmmm, maybe it means I have to add Nova by 2012.

When the hell is Marinatto going to get canned? Seriously, is there a more inept leader in all of college sports?

Is the BigEast ever really going to see that $5MM from TCU? I think VT still owes $$'s possibly to the BigEast LOL If the BigEast BB schools collects all of money from schools leaving it will be alike a windfall.

Why would it lose its "Bowl Certification"?

I assume you're referring to its BCS AQ status? Why would it be lost? They will have the same number of teams, if not the exact same teams, for the next two years.

And why do we need 4 separate threads on the same subject? argh

When the hell is Marinatto going to get canned? Seriously, is there a more inept leader in all of college sports?

He's from Providence. They run the league, not anybody else. Hey, didn't they hire Paul Freakin' Tagliabue to help them with this stuff ? Nice job by the maroons by the sea. He won't be fired; he'll just go down with the ship.

"What iceberg?" ~ John Marinatto

While Marinatto will not come out of this well, I don't think he had many options. The only thing he could have done, IMHO, (and even that is a maybe) was split off the football, and expand with TCU, and a couple of other program builders. No one was leaving the B10, SEC or B12 for the Big East, so those teams would be out. Split off, get to 12, and do everything you could to try and hold on to what you have. I still don't think it would have worked. But it was the only shot.

I know what I'm doing ! No really, I do !!!

clown_PN061.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom