BE leftovers article | Syracusefan.com

BE leftovers article

That article offers a sobering outlook for those fanbases. It could very easily have been us in that article...or RU...or Pitt...or LVille.

I owe TGD a beer.

It could not have been us.
I agree with you but...

If we weren't already committed to the ACC, I wonder if the B1G would have come calling replacing either RU or Maryland with SU ?

It could not have been us.

Just from a UNC perspective...Roy Williams and Mike Krzyzewski would not have left Syracuse, coached by a peer that they respect in Jim Boeheim, twisting in the wind. Just like they did for Kansas.

If you remember, both spoke out for KU when it was rumored that UT-TTU-OU-OSU were considered a lock to go to the Pac-12.

I agree with you but...

If we weren't already committed to the ACC, I wonder if the B1G would have come calling replacing either RU or Maryland with SU ?
Someone would have got us. And as tomcat reminded us yesterday, the ACC had us in its sights for a loooong time.

The three longest-tenured AAC schools have watched their conference take body blows until the automatic qualifier status was knocked out of them. No doubt they felt that one.
--------------

Ouch!

I agree with you but...

I don't resonate with that at all. The B1G is an exponentially worse fit for us than the ACC. We have virtually nothing in common with 11 of the 12 B1G institutions.

Given recent financial news, we're far better off in the ACC.

I think Gross (or whoever) either knew or called up Delany (or whoever) and hit them up with a "We were just offered a spot in the ACC. Last chance if you want us."

That's assuming we'd want in. I'm sure nobody was discussing an ACC GoR when we got the invite, so it's quite possible we'd prefer the B10 for stability reasons alone.

Who cares!! Remember when BC, Miami and VT left the BE for the ACC. It left a terrible taste in the SU's fans mouth. I'm totally happy the CUSE have moved on!! Those other BE schools are what they are a league in a sink hole!!