Beautiful Basketball..... | Syracusefan.com

Beautiful Basketball.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
It was a real pleasure to watch UConn play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

I know there is a lot of jealousy fueled animosity on this forum, and that includes myself.

It just goes to show how much the game had passed our program by, hopefully, a new era starts with Red.

Conclusions:

1. Their M2M D was terrific - so much help, so few open shots allowed.

2. Everybody knew their role and played it unselfishly.

3. There were real players who werent tinker toys out there.

4. Their talent was good, but not overwhelming - it was just teamwork and synchronization at its best.

5. Their O was very solid, but actually not spectacular.

6. They played intelligently and were very well coached.

7. They fight for the ball and rebound with intensity.

Yes, I am jealous that we have not seen that in Orange.

I agree with most of your post. They looked like a very fun team to root for last night.

But what the hell do you mean by tinker toys?

I agree with most of your post. They looked like a very fun team to root for last night.

But what the hell do you mean by tinker toys?
Doesn't looking at most of our players with their skinny arms and legs remind you of tinker toys ???

Hopefully Red brings in some meat and muscle.

What was remarkable was how few open three-pointers I saw last night. Both teams contested every shot. It was like a different sport after watching us give up wide-open three-pointers in the zone all year long. If you didn’t think the zone is outdated after watching us all year long, I don’t know how you can escape that conclusion after watching this tournament.

i’m looking forward to a strategy next year where we are not relying on the other team to miss open three-pointers.

Dominant performance. A lot of really good players that made each other better. Best team by far in the tournament.

I for one welcome our new husky overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted message board shtposter, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground nutmeg caves
Come on now. One man's shtposter is another man's CEO of Twitter.

It was a real pleasure to watch UConn play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

I know there is a lot of jealousy fueled animosity on this forum, and that includes myself.

It just goes to show how much the game had passed our program by, hopefully, a new era starts with Red.

Conclusions:

4. Their talent was good, but not overwhelming - it was just teamwork and synchronization at its best.

Not much to disagree with, but I would argue some of their talent was overwhelming. The Clingman kid, Sabongo (or whatever his name was), and that guard splashing tough shot after tough shot looked fairly overwhelming to me.

I do agree with everything else regarding the team play.

Even in their previous championships or deep tourney runs, they are one of the few programs who don't wilt under the pressure or bend to the will of these upstart programs. They match and exceed their intensity.

Conclusions:

We've been behind the curve now for many years and it would have continued if JB had stayed. Thankfully we have a new captain that will I hope bring in a very new direction.

100% agree - I rooted against them in all their tournament games but they won me over with great defense and ball movement and shot selection and finishing. No weaknesses. The definition of how a championship team should perform.

I have little problem with this actual uconn team... they played well, were clearly the dominant team in this tournament, and deserved the title.

Their coach remains an asshat, however.

Their fans??... well we know how many of them can be. Last night was no different.

I have little problem with this actual uconn team... they played well, were clearly the dominant team in this tournament, and deserved the title.

Their coach remains an asshat, however.

Their fans??... well we know how many of them can be. Last night was no different.

If you look closely you can see me to the side, eating a chipwich.

Conclusions:

Agreed, completely.
Instead of jealousy, we can hope our 'historical proximity' to UConn mandates a similar level of responsibility toward a similar trajectory. A heightened set of standards and expectations might actually be constructive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom