Because Dino will be retained. | Syracusefan.com

Because Dino will be retained.

kcsu

Living Legend
Because Dino will be retained JW needs to take the following steps to protect the program while SU works through this situation.

1: Publicly support Dino and more importantly his staff and players. The message has to be strong or the next two recruiting classes will be complete bust and we will lose good players as nobody who has choices will choose to remain with a lame duck coach.

2: Back this up by providing coaches White, Monroe, and Schmidt with raises and two year contract guarantees. Losing anyone of these three coaches will be disastrous. When your head coach is weak at X & Os you cant afford to loose your best coaches. Losing White would be a train wreck.

3: Mandate that Dino hire a special teams coach.

4: Become more involved with the team. Be a presence. Show support.

In any situation when their is unrest at the top of an organization fear becomes a motivating factor. In fact it is the strongest.

Most involved will look inward, look at how this affects them personally.

Players will obviously decide to stay or leave. Recruits the same.

Assistant coaches are the most at risk. Those with choices will often leave.

Teams are like companies. Players are employees and Assistant coaches management. We can all relate.

JW can and i strongly believe has already made the decision to retain Dino.
Right or wrong and why doesn't matter at this point.

What does matter is how he handles it. He cant do this half arsed. He needs to be all in. 100% supportive and he needs to back that up with a financial commitment to the Assistant coaches as to retain Dino and lose the assistants is the absolute worst case scenario.
Bottom line is JW needs to spend some of the saved buyout money on keeping the guys that are responsible for this team doing better on board.
Pay Monroe, Schmidt, and most importantly coach White so they dont bail.

Not going to happen because Wildhack doesn’t think ahead. Dino is coaching likes he’s on pins and needles. Everything he does is questioned, rightly or wrongly. This team is night and day better than last year and next year looks very promising. This should be the messaging. If everything stays negative the wheels are going to come off and there will be an exodus of players and coaches. There are real stars with Tucker and several defensive players. Let’s hope they stick around.

Not going to happen because Wildhack doesn’t think ahead. Dino is coaching likes he’s on pins and needles. Everything he does is questioned, rightly or wrongly. This team is night and day better than last year and next year looks very promising. This should be the messaging. If everything stays negative the wheels are going to come off and there will be an exodus of players and coaches. There are real stars with Tucker and several defensive players. Let’s hope they stick around.

They might leave if Dino stays, what’s the difference. Why stay on a team with a coach that has like a 30% record against P5 opponents.

Here is the thing. The warts are fixable. Hire a ST coach. Have someone assist Dino with managing the last 2 minutes of each half. It can be through a headset. Whatever. This team isn’t far off. I’m darn frustrated at how things have transpired at the end of games the last month but I’d hate to strip it down and start over. There is no guarantee it will be better. I repeat, no guarantee it will be better.

Because Dino will be retained JW needs to take the following steps to protect the program while SU works through this situation.

1: Publicly support Dino and more importantly his staff and players. The message has to be strong or the next two recruiting classes will be complete bust and we will lose good players as nobody who has choices will choose to remain with a lame duck coach.

2: Back this up by providing coaches White, Monroe, and Schmidt with raises and two year contract guarantees. Losing anyone of these three coaches will be disastrous. When your head coach is weak at X & Os you cant afford to loose your best coaches. Losing White would be a train wreck.

3: Mandate that Dino hire a special teams coach.

4: Become more involved with the team. Be a presence. Show support.

In any situation when their is unrest at the top of an organization fear becomes a motivating factor. In fact it is the strongest.

Most involved will look inward, look at how this affects them personally.

Players will obviously decide to stay or leave. Recruits the same.

Assistant coaches are the most at risk. Those with choices will often leave.

Teams are like companies. Players are employees and Assistant coaches management. We can all relate.

JW can and i strongly believe has already made the decision to retain Dino.
Right or wrong and why doesn't matter at this point.

What does matter is how he handles it. He cant do this half arsed. He needs to be all in. 100% supportive and he needs to back that up with a financial commitment to the Assistant coaches as to retain Dino and lose the assistants is the absolute worst case scenario.
Bottom line is JW needs to spend some of the saved buyout money on keeping the guys that are responsible for this team doing better on board.
Pay Monroe, Schmidt, and most importantly coach White so they dont bail.
Agree. I’m on the fence with Dino. I’m leaning towards he needs to be fired but if he’s being retained then we need to keep Monroe and white and the very least. Gilbert needs to be fired and replaced. A Special teams coach needs to be hired and something needs to be done with the receivers. No reason they are this bad and can’t figure out routes. Lastly this department needs to be front and center leading the way. They need to protect Dino as much as possible. Next year’s attendance will be abysmal. It’s easy to sell tickets when you’re good. When you’re not you need to be creative and that is something su has always struggled with.

Here is the thing. The warts are fixable. Hire a ST coach. Have someone assist Dino with managing the last 2 minutes of each half. It can be through a headset. Whatever. This team isn’t far off. I’m darn frustrated at how things have transpired at the end of games the last month but I’d hate to strip it down and start over. There is no guarantee it will be better. I repeat, no guarantee it will be better.
I think a lot of the problem is he doesn’t have any confidence anymore. If this is the path the ad needs to fully support their guy.

Dino can't hire another coach for special teams. They're at the limit for asst coaches.

He could either:
- Assign special teams coaching to an existing coach. For example, Lustig at Vandy coaches special teams and TE. And he's assistant HC. At Clemson, special teams are coached by the same guy who coaches safeties. The only SU coaches with some ST coaching experience appear to be Terrence Samuel and Dino.

- Get a better analyst to coach ST. There's no limit to the number of analysts you can have. Alabama supposedly has 11. SU currently has Jeff Hammerschmidt as the analyst for special teams:
They also have Blair Cavanaugh as special teams quality control coach.
If they open up the checkbook, higher profile/more experienced options must be available.

Did you see how many people Clemson had? I counted 45 people in orange shirts last night. Call them coaches or analysts. But they had about one coach for every 2 people. I was floored at their staff compared to ours.

Agree. I’m on the fence with Dino. I’m leaning towards he needs to be fired but if he’s being retained then we need to keep Monroe and white and the very least. Gilbert needs to be fired and replaced. A Special teams coach needs to be hired and something needs to be done with the receivers. No reason they are this bad and can’t figure out routes. Lastly this department needs to be front and center leading the way. They need to protect Dino as much as possible. Next year’s attendance will be abysmal. It’s easy to sell tickets when you’re good. When you’re not you need to be creative and that is something su has always struggled with.
You want Gilbert fired, the guy who got Shrader, a strong leader and the reason for this teams turn around? Your nuts. Gilbert has to run the offense the way Dino tells him to. I'm sure it wasn't his decision to not start GS from the outset of the season.

Dino can't hire another coach for special teams. They're at the limit for asst coaches.

He could either:
- Assign special teams coaching to an existing coach. For example, Lustig at Vandy coaches special teams and TE. And he's assistant HC. At Clemson, special teams are coached by the same guy who coaches safeties. The only SU coaches with some ST coaching experience appear to be Terrence Samuel and Dino.

- Get a better analyst to coach ST. There's no limit to the number of analysts you can have. Alabama supposedly has 11. SU currently has Jeff Hammerschmidt as the analyst for special teams:
If they open up the checkbook, higher profile/more experienced options must be available.
Wait do we have a te coach. We don’t even use them for anything other then blocking. Why not loop them in with offensive line coaching duties.

Wait do we have a te coach. We don’t even use them for anything other then blocking. Why not loop them in with offensive line coaching duties.
Reno Ferri is TE coach

You want Gilbert fired, the guy who got Shrader, a strong leader and the reason for this teams turn around? Your nuts. Gilbert has to run the offense the way Dino tells him to. I'm sure it wasn't his decision to not start GS from the outset of the season.
Yes I want Gilbert fired. His playing calling is abysmal and clearly is rolling over to babers. If you think this offense is turned around then I don’t know what to say. Sharader is a gamer who can’t throw the ball. We are one dimensional and teams will continue to stack the box to stop the run.

Did you see how many people Clemson had? I counted 45 people in orange shirts last night. Call them coaches or analysts. But they had about one coach for every 2 people. I was floored at their staff compared to ours.

Yea, there’s ways around this.

I even saw Tajh Boyd wandering around their sideline. Dude was selling real estate in Greenville, SC for the past 4 years and they randomly found a spot for him.

They have more money in the budget.

Selling 80,000 tickets to home games will do that.

Who do you fire? You're only allowed 10 asst coaches:

NAMETITLE
Sterlin GilbertOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Tony WhiteDefensive Coordinator
Chris AchuffLinebackers
Reno FerriTight Ends/Inside Receivers
Mike LynchRunning Backs
Nick MonroeSafeties/Nickelbacks
Vinson ReynoldsDefensive Line
Terrence SamuelWide Receivers Coach
Mike SchmidtOffensive Line
Chip WestCornerbacks
Fire Gilbert, ferri, and samuel. Hire a new wr and oc. Bring in a special teams coordinator. Move the te to Schmidt. They don’t catch balls and don’t exist in Dino’s playbook. Why coach them up to do anything then block.

He could either:

The Cavanaugh coaching family, they are like herpes you can’t get rid of them!

Fire Gilbert, ferri, and samuel. Hire a new wr and oc. Bring in a special teams coordinator. Move the te to Schmidt. They don’t catch balls and don’t exist in Dino’s playbook. Why coach them up to do anything then block.

If we hire a new OC, wouldn't he use the TE's more?

Or do you want Dino to hire another OC who hates TE's?

Everything every college football coach does is questioned every week by every fan base.. anyone really think it’s “tougher” at SU vs any southern school?

Who do you fire? You're only allowed 10 asst coaches:

NAMETITLE
Sterlin GilbertOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Tony WhiteDefensive Coordinator
Chris AchuffLinebackers
Reno FerriTight Ends/Inside Receivers
Mike LynchRunning Backs
Nick MonroeSafeties/Nickelbacks
Vinson ReynoldsDefensive Line
Terrence SamuelWide Receivers Coach
Mike SchmidtOffensive Line
Chip WestCornerbacks
Is this a serious question? A STC is more important than a position coach. You can easily justify letting 3 of those guys go.

Firing Dino would be the silliest move since hiring Gerg. All the whinging on this board makes me sick. We just lost to CLEMSON by a missed FG. We are 3 or 4 plays from being 6-1 - even 7-0 if you squint hard on the Rutgers game.

This team looks better than the Dungey miracle year. It has young and athletic talent on D.

The team has a generational star in Tucker. And an emerging leader in Shrader.

Stop spazzing out. The losses suck. But EVERY game has been a total joy. Completely entertaining.

If you can’t see the unbelievable level of improvement from last year - I don’t know what you are watching.

We are probably the 60th program in P5. This isn’t Alabama. Dino has something cooking. The Dome looks incredible.

Firing him now would be like firing Coach Mac in ‘86.

Have some perspective. Keep your powder dry everyone.

Yes I want Gilbert fired. His playing calling is abysmal and clearly is rolling over to babers. If you think this offense is turned around then I don’t know what to say. Sharader is a gamer who can’t throw the ball. We are one dimensional and teams will continue to stack the box to stop the run.
The game was officiated to allow their corners to hold our receivers, the announcers said that over and over, and it was clear that was the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom