Benny Williams to return | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams to return

Cool.

Looking at those stats, the kid really seems to be on the Damone Brown trajectory. Hope he can kick it up a notch, and show more consistency in year 3. I'll bet it will be easier to do so without clashing with the HC as much.

This is great for the program. Benny can be an enigma, but I would rather him be our enigma.

AT MINIMUM he is an athlete who will thrive in transition, and hit some shots.

Will be interesting to see how an offseason of work can enhance his game / consistency, and how he might benefit from a faster-paced offense.

I'm glad to hear it. I know he wasn't shy about expressing his frustrations, but Benny was incredibly miscast as a zone defender, and I think everything poured out from that. He has the tools and athleticism to be a really good man defender and legit weapon in transition. It might take some time, but I also wouldn't be surprised if a switch flipped pretty quickly for him next season.

He has all the tools to be great and I expect a huge jump in production. No more JB at the helm I think is good for Benny. Hopefully the mental side is better. Confidence is so key in any sport, especially basketball. heck even in my beer league hockey games when I lose confidence I make stupid decisions with the puck.

Last edited:
It’ll be great to see all these young guys play more free. Play their games. Benny and Copeland could thrive in that type of environment.
Glad to see Benny back and that we will benefit from his development and not some other team.

AT MINIMUM he is an athlete who will thrive in transition, and hit some shots.

Will be interesting to see how an offseason of work can enhance his game / consistency, and how he might benefit from a faster-paced offense.
I would think that Benny could benefit the most with the changing of the guard. He had to be happy that Red got the job.

This is GREAT news. Here’s a kid who has all the potential in the world- and hopefully the change at the top will let him play freely.

Pretty sure I read Benny and Judah are good friends. This doesn't hurt in that regard either. Benny definitely has the talent to up his game further and I look forward to seeing what a good off season will do. Hopefully he enters the season with a team centric mindset as well. JB may have been demanding but there was perhaps some maturity issues as well. I hope Benny works on both the physical and mental parts with "buy in" to what Red wants to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom