Benny Williams to return | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams to return

“Benny knows how to move without the ball”

That’s what he needs to know how to do, we just hope that he does. I’m optimistic, but I said the same exact thing this time last year, so we have to see it this year. He has to rebound and be assertive offensively. it’s junior year, we have seen some pretty good sophomore to junior year jumps in production and I think he finally does became a very solid contributor. Maybe not 18ppg/12boards kinda jump but nothing wrong with 13ppg/8 boards.

“Benny knows how to move without the ball”

That’s what he needs to know how to do, we just hope that he does. I’m optimistic, but I said the same exact thing this time last year, so we have to see it this year. He has to rebound and be assertive offensively. it’s junior year, we have seen some pretty good sophomore to junior year jumps in production and I think he finally does became a very solid contributor. Maybe not 18ppg/12boards kinda jump but nothing wrong with 13ppg/8 boards.
Like many player, I feel that Benny needs to have the ball to score. Last year, it did not seem that there were many plays designed for him inside. The plays were in no set order: 1) give the ball to Jesse, 2) Joe G shoots, and 3) Judah drives, shoots, falls and scores. Occasionally, the ball would go to Chris Bell outside who shoots and maybe scores.

Like many player, I feel that Benny needs to have the ball to score. Last year, it did not seem that there were many plays designed for him inside. The plays were in no set order: 1) give the ball to Jesse, 2) Joe G shoots, and 3) Judah drives, shoots, falls and scores. Occasionally, the ball would go to Chris Bell outside who shoots and maybe scores.
If we run zero isolations this year, I might be ok with it.

Then again, as I'm typing that, it occurs to me that Mintz and Starling are exactly the kind of player who can consistently produce in isolation. Virtually every game, one of those two will be guarded by a guy who can't stay in front of him.

But the offense using isolation when it wasn't clearly an effective option is maddening.

Then again, as I'm typing that, it occurs to me that Mintz and Starling are exactly the kind of player who can consistently produce in isolation. Virtually every game, one of those two will be guarded by a guy who can't stay in front of him.

But the offense using isolation when it wasn't clearly an effective option is maddening.
This post is full of conflicting emotions.

It can be fine if you have guards who are willing passers. Watch the New York Liberty, Stewie gets isolation, everyone moves.
If she has a clean shot she takes it, but often someone breaks free for a layup.
Their starting five all can create for themselves or teammates.

It can be fine if you have guards who are willing passers. Watch the New York Liberty, Stewie gets isolation, everyone moves.
If she has a clean shot she takes it, but often someone breaks free for a layup.
Their starting five all can create for themselves or teammates.
This is exactly what Judah needs more than anything else. He learns to distribute to the open shooter, everything changes for him.

Every time this thread pops up I initially read it as “Barry Williams to Return.” I get all excited thinking about the latest Brady Bunch reunion. Then, reality sets in and it’s back to crossing our fingers (again) that our underachieving forward is ready to break out. If he does, it’ll be a sunshine day.

Every time this thread pops up I initially read it as “Barry Williams to Return.” I get all excited thinking about the latest Brady Bunch reunion. Then, reality sets in and it’s back to crossing our fingers (again) that our underachieving forward is ready to break out. If he does, it’ll be a sunshine day.
Hey, we have to let the players grow, Benny included. Remeber that Autumn turns to winter, And winter turns to spring. It doesn't go just for seasons you know. It goes for everything. The same is true for voices. When boys begin to grow. You gotta take a lesson from Mother Nature, And if you do you'll know.

Hey, we have to let the players grow, Benny included. Remeber that Autumn turns to winter, And winter turns to spring. It doesn't go just for seasons you know. It goes for everything. The same is true for voices. When boys begin to grow. You gotta take a lesson from Mother Nature, And if you do you'll know.
Don’t things die in winter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom