Bergeron draft "whispers" | Syracusefan.com

Bergeron draft "whispers"

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy

Saw this on an espn draft prospects article today...

Who is an offensive line riser to watch in a down year for the position?​

i

Miller: I am all aboard the Matthew Bergeron hype train. The Syracuse senior left tackle was fantastic against a very talented Clemson defensive line on Saturday. At 6-foot-5 and 322 pounds, he is a smooth operator with very good agility. Bergeron packs a punch in the run game and is a very effective blocker in space. He's ranked in my top 50, but I have heard late-first-round buzz from scouts.

Was really hoping to hold onto him for another year.

Wonder if he’ll be talked about in draft circles as the next Justin Pugh.

He had some preseason draft buzz so fully expected him to climb as the year went on. Hope he gets his name called Thursday night.

Wonder if he’ll be talked about in draft circles as the next Justin Pugh.
Not even close… his arms are double the length of a T-Rex.

Just kidding, Justin’s a great player and a fine representative of Syracuse.

Matt Bergeron has more ceiling to go, and he’s one of the best LT’s in college football. We need to keep the border open up North.

I'm so happy for this young man! Sadly though.... at the combine we'll find out he weighs 200 lbs and has 12 inch arms.

I don’t recall the last year we had more than. 2 guys drafted in the same class, let alone the possibility of 4. That gives some crucial ammo on the recruiting trail, especially DB’s who we have a whole handful to point to. It’s also important to have a skill guy drafted. Someone correct me if I’m wrong , but Nassib has to be the last skill guy drafted

I don’t recall the last year we had more than. 2 guys drafted in the same class, let alone the possibility of 4. That gives some crucial ammo on the recruiting trail, especially DB’s who we have a whole handful to point to. It’s also important to have a skill guy drafted. Someone correct me if I’m wrong , but Nassib has to be the last skill guy drafted
Assuming you have Riley Dixon drafted solely as a P and not a QB/P I think you are right.

PFF has their latest Mock out.. 4 Ots in the first rd and Bergeron is outside their top 50 that they posted. Sporting news and ESPN and Bleacher the same..

Of course people have guys all over..

draft buzz site has him about 40th best oline prospect hard to know where that would fall in the draft.
draft network doesnt even rank him
Some ESPN likes a bit more than most it seems
CBS really likes him on top 30..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors