Best Buzzer-Beater in SU History? | Syracusefan.com

Best Buzzer-Beater in SU History?

Well, I must say these made me smile. I believe I have to go with the Georgia game, which was one of the most exciting games I have ever watched. Gerry in the Big East with both Cincinnati and Gtown a very close second.

It’s good to smile nowadays.

Edit: Oh wait wait wait! How could anyone forget Conrad McRae’s duplication of Christian Laettner’s “shot” against Kentucky?? We were playing Nova, at the Spectrum (?), the very same arena where Laettner made his shot. It was the same in every respect. And I have searched and can’t find video of it.

It was cosmic.

Last edited:
Well, I must say these made me smile. I believe I have to go with the Georgia game, which was one of the most exciting games I have ever watched. Gerry in the Big East with both Cincinnati and Gtown a very close second.

It’s good to smile nowadays.

Edit: Oh wait wait wait! How could anyone forget Conrad McRae’s duplication of Christian Laettner’s “shot” against Kentucky?? We were playing Nova, at the Spectrum (?), the very same arena where Laettner made his shot. It was the same in every respect. And I have searched and can’t find video of it.

It was cosmic.
I have been looking for years of video of this shot, nowhere to be found. Crazy

It terms of importance, I would think it has to be Cipolla's shot, as that's the difference between hanging a Final Four banner and not hanging a Final Four banner (well, SU is too weird to hang Final Four banners, but you get my point).

Conrad McRae.
Pearl's a very close second. But the venue and the play itself (and the offensively-challenged shooter) put Conrad over the top.