Best Eats In The ACC Guide

Katz Deli
Nobu
Tao
im a huge fan of Sparks
Il Molino
Daniel
Gramercy Tavern

we're coming ACC...and we're bringing all hell with us.

oh, and the NORTH already WON.

just collecting the spoils now...

:rolling:

move over n carolina schools.....

and F off.

Oh Lord

Here is a link to their original ACC good eats link, published in 2010.

ACC Good Eats

They are looking for locally owned places, preferably places that reflect the flavors and atmosphere of the region.

For Syracuse, you gotta include Heids, Varsity, Empire Brewing Company, Mother's Cupboard, Pastabilities, Dino BBQ. Maybe Angoti's, Stella's, Zebb's, Kitty Hoynes, bc Restuarant, Brooklyn Pickle, Dominick's, Delmonico's Alto Cinco, Eva's, Twin Trees, and the Clam Bar? That covers pretty much everything, doesn't it?

In CARY NC an Irish pub used to be called Conley's. GREAT Sheppard pie and ale

That ACC guide's got nothing on TexanMark's opus. I guess Syracuse is adding something to the new league on that front, too.

They should pick up most of what Tom said for Syracuse.

Additionally, in the sandwich category, add Darwin, Street Eats, Blue Tusk, and that soon-to-open Empire Sub place that's so popular with everyone here. For a more traditional sandwich, Second North Deli, Lombardi, Danzer's, or the Welcome Inn (for what it's worth, I'd be more inclined to send an out-of-towner to any of these places than to Brooklyn Pickle).

For good eats closer to campus, Beer Belly (Westcott).

Vietnamese: New Century (sit-down) or Ky Duyen (take-out).

Szechuan: China Road.

Nicer places: Parisa, Lemon Grass/Bistro Elephant.

I don't even want to wade into the whole "should we send Southerners to our BBQ or cheap seafood places" argument, but C.J.'s in Lyncourt is a neat CNY place with good take-out seafood. It's also only open for approximately six hours on Fridays.

Mediterranean: Byblos, Black Olive.

Also, if I were writing a tailgate guide for places like College Park or Chestnut Hill, I'd probably just direct people into the very close and very good food towns nearby.

But if people would rather avoid the District (which has grown into a terrific food town in a relatively short time), I'd still steer clear of all those Route 1 places. There's damn good dim sum at Hollywood East in Wheaton; it's maybe the best in the region. There's a Ray's (local steakhouse chain that's kind of kitschy - quite good and very inexpensive) in Silver Spring. There are a million good Salvadoran joints in and around Langley Park. And College Park does have a good little seafood place called Fishnet.

As for BC, the city is a quick Green Line ride away. I'm a huge fan of Eastern Standard in Kenmore (maybe 15 minutes by train) and there are tons of other great restaurants. In the other direction, Newton has a Skipjacks (small local seafood chain); Lumiere and Sycamore are a couple other great restaurants.

Pittsburgh: make a beeline for Meat & Potatoes in the theatre district. Like another city we know, national culinary trends are slow to reach Pittsburgh. Even if you think the "gastropub" has been played out since 2007, have a meal there. It's one of the best casual restaurants in the city. For people staying down at Station Square, Grand Concourse does a really good brunch.

Things the ACC got very right: for people traveling to Wake, the thirty-minute drive down to Lexington is probably worth it. Old-timey little Southern town with a well-known springtime BBQ festival and a few dives with great Carolina-style pork. And for anyone within an hour's drive of Raleigh, go downtown and go to the Pit. Some of the best barbeque anywhere (and spectacular brisket for a place that's outside of Texas). If there's a long wait (and they do often have Dino-esque wait times), kill some time at the beer bar a couple blocks up (decent chain called the Flying Saucer).