Best game of the year for Syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

Best game of the year for Syracuse?

20plus

2nd String
What is your favorite or best game of the year this year?

mines pretty simple it’s West Virginia!
It maybe not the best game we played all year but when you consider the opponent competition it may well be. Boston College everything went in we won by 30,North Carolina North Carolina State and Clemson would be up there too!

Has to be WVU, 2nd was SDSU
That could be spot on! The other thought was what game did you enjoy the most, that could be your favorite games or best game.

It's hard not to say West Va or San Diego St but if I were to pick a regular season game, I'd go with North Carolina. A must win game against a program that we haven't had a ton of success against since we joined the ACC and we pulled it off. That game showed we're still in this thing as far as making the tournament.

Agree with what has been said here so far.

I’ll throw in the Buffalo game for the pure entertainment aspect. High scoring, huge comeback, players talking crap. I was going wild during the comeback and ending. Would’ve been a lot of fun to be at the Dome for that one.

It's hard to pick 1. I think I would say UNC, SDSU and WVU. The reason being is because the style of play for all 3 represents styles that have been very difficult for this team to beat. We played 3 teams in the tourney whose defensive styles are unfavorable to us and beat 2/3.

Notre Dame comback and its not even close. 20 point comeback to win comfortably is an all time great regular season game.

2 is SDSU.

WVU getting close at the end wasn't a good thing we were too dominant before they made it a ggame sure it was important program win not close to being what I'd chose.

#3 would be UVA. We played tough and we should have had a win. With a minute plus left we find ourselves down 5-6. If we lose that game by 10 I don't think we get a bid. So tying the game with 10 seconds left and losing on a buzzer beater took us off the bubble/play in game.

Notre Dame comback and its not even close. 20 point comeback to win comfortably is an all time great regular season game.

2 is SDSU.

WVU getting close at the end wasn't a good thing we were too dominant before they made it a ggame sure it was important program win not close to being what I'd chose.

#3 would be UVA. We played tough and we should have had a win. With a minute plus left we find ourselves down 5-6. If we lose that game by 10 I don't think we get a bid. So tying the game with 10 seconds left and losing on a buzzer beater took us off the bubble/play in game.
I might put Va game at the top, like you said we might not even get WVU game without the VA game.

Def WVU has others mentioned, but honestly I enjoyed the Virginia game even though they lost in tough fashion. With a healthier Q/Kadary I think they pull off the upset.
Came here to say the same thing, loss, but we played great and I think it opened a lot of the country showing how legit we were.

Not saying we don’t get in, but seed may have been different and thus we quite possibly get an unfavorable matchup in 1st round. Maybe we end up playing that hot UCLA team in first four.

I’d say SDSU as number one. It was so cool to have the fantasy scenario of just every damn 3 we hoist from anywhere going in, and it happening in a tournament game. Second would be UVA in the ACCT. Aside from the comeback period of the 2016 Elite 8 game, I’ve never seen us execute that well against Virginia and it was really fun to see.

WVU...I love to beat them in any sport, but winning the tournament game against them was wonderful. I hope we are one of their nightmares. SDSU was second for me...

Hard to say which game was the best, but here's my top 5 (in no particular order):

SDSU - NCAAT
NC St (ACCT) - crushed Moo U in an important (elimination???) game (for the 3rd time, no less)
BC (at BC) - anytime you put up a C-spot in a conf road game, everything clicked, no matter who you are playing
UNC (in the Dome) - big game, big name, had to have it
WFVU - NCAAT

I tried to take into consideration the quality of the opponent, how well everything clicked, importance of the game, etc.
1618173390876.gif

Edited for reasons I chose those games.

Last edited:

2 is SDSU.

Interesting point -20 vs NDAME

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom