best movie of the decade? | Syracusefan.com

best movie of the decade?

moqui

generational talent
years 2010-2019

i'll narrow this down as i think about it more, but for now, here are 5 movies that i watch over and over again, almost every time i see them playing and no matter at what point i step in:
scott pilgrim vs the world
the kids are all right
the way way back
whiplash
baby driver

years 2010-2019

i'll narrow this down as i think about it more, but for now, here are 5 movies that i watch over and over again, almost every time i see them playing and no matter at what point i step in:
scott pilgrim vs the world
the kids are all right
the way way back
whiplash
baby driver
Great topic. The Way Way Back is my favorite from your list (and that year). Haven’t seen Whiplash yet and I didn’t care for Baby Driver. I’m going to have to think on this.

I was gonna say TDK but I forgot it was 2008. Lol I’m old.

In that case I may second Inception. A very good underrated movie was The Big Short.

I was gonna say TDK but I forgot it was 2008. Lol I’m old.

In that case I may second Inception. A very good underrated movie was The Big Short.
The Big Short is in my top ten, maybe top five. Get Out is up there as well.

The Big Short is in my top ten, maybe top five. Get Out is up there as well.

I need to see Get Out. That may actually be number one when I get around to it.

My college kid had us sit thru Get out cause he is a big Peele and Key fan..

got done and he said that was pretty dumb and i said yup I agree..

Lots of good movies

Excluding some good animated work too
for fun the Avengers/Star wars/Mission Impossible/john wick/bond were pretty solid, but for overall quality of movies

Inception
LaLaLand
Whiplash
Inside Llewyn Davis
hell or high water
true grit
Logan

Warrior was really good that no one mentions

really want to see Parasite but havent found it yet

I love mad max series but dont get all the lists with Mad max Fury Road

written by jim rash & nat faxon . . . and imho far superior to their academy award winning "the descendants"
It's funny, because they're kind of periphery industry guys it feels like, but the stuff they do is really good. Jim Rash was great on Community. Faxon is a stellar writer.

It's funny, because they're kind of periphery industry guys it feels like, but the stuff they do is really good. Jim Rash was great on Community. Faxon is a stellar writer.
they seemed the strangest choice to adapt the descendants . . . but it obviously worked

they seemed the strangest choice to adapt the descendants . . . but it obviously worked
Haven't seen that one yet, actually. Need to check it out.

2 more for my list: hereditary was amazing . . . but so disturbing i don't think i will ever watch it again

coco is the best animated feature pixar has ever put out, which is really saying something

some foreign films i loved:
ruben oslund's force majeure & the square

the norwegian disaster epic the wave

korean zombie flick train to busan

2 more for my list: hereditary was amazing . . . but so disturbing i don't think i will ever watch it again

coco is the best animated feature pixar has ever put out, which is really saying something
Coco was outstanding. While not Pixar, Zootopia was my favorite animated film of the decade. Into the Spider-Verse and Inside Out were also solid.

knives out was a nice movie..
Definitely some recency bias for me, but I think it was just such a perfect movie. Other movies I really enjoyed this decade include Baby Driver, Fury Road, Whiplash, Black Swan, and Dunkirk. I also love all of the Disney Star Wars movies but I'm an admitted fanboy and know this is not a popular opinion.

The Intouchables - a truly great film. French with English subtitles...what?? Normally not my thing, but I was blown away.

Baby Driver was really good. but I wouldnt rate it any better than "Drive" My best driving movie would be "Locke" though with Tom Hardy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom