Best Night Ever! | Syracusefan.com

Best Night Ever!

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
I had the great chance to sit courtside for this game with my dad, thanks to the most generous woman on this board, and that I've ever met. Joyce, I cant explain how awesome it was, and I cant thank you enough.
We started out parking in a parking lot right outside of the dome.
parking.jpg

We were the first ones there, about two hours early and got to watch Cooney and Ennis walk into the dome. We went in soon after. Walked into the VIP room, got ourselves a beer and started to soak everything in. Met a really cool ex marine who has baseline courtside seats. He wants to come to Alaska, so I gave him my number.

We headed down to watch warm ups. Our seats were right across from the SU bench. Xmas and BMK were warming up right in front of us, with the help of Griffen Hoffman. They were joking around and playing some warm up games.

My wife is telling me to get to bed, lol but I wanted to tell two storys:

At half time, we had to use the rest room bad (thanks to the blue lights we were drinking) Orangeyes, sorry I ducked out so fast after seeing you, I just really had to go haha.There was quite a line for the rest room, but made it in, and out.

As I was headed back into the VIP room, I see HCSS talking to someone. As he started to walk away, he saw me looking at him and said "Hey young man" I said "Coach, I flew in from Alaska to watch you beat Boston College" His eyes got big and he said "that was you?!" (I tweeted him as I was getting on the plane and said that I was flying in for the game. Never thought he would read it, or remember) He called his wife over and said "Hun, this is the guy that flew from Alaska!" He looked at me and said, "Man, its a good thing we won then huh" It was awesome. The amount of stuff that man must have on his mind.. to remember a stupid tweet, I thought that was really neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then, as we were walking back on the dome floor, I see Moten and Devo by the door. Moten saw me coming and asked if I wanted a picture. I said "You wished me a happy birthday on Facebook" and told him how pumped I was. We talked a little more, about Alaska, and he asked how my birthday was. Devo had his daughter and was a little distracted, but we got a picture!
moten.jpg

I gotta get to bed, I'll post more in the morning.

My dads only complaint about the whole thing was that his face was going to hurt in the morning, from smiling so much. I still cant believe tonight really happened

I had the great chance to sit courtside for this game with my dad, thanks to the most generous woman on this board, and that I've ever met. Joyce, I cant explain how awesome it was, and I cant thank you enough.
View attachment 5835

We were the first ones there, about two hours early and got to watch Cooney and Ennis walk into the dome. We went in soon after. Walked into the VIP room, got ourselves a beer and started to soak everything in. Met a really cool ex marine who has baseline courtside seats. He wants to come to Alaska, so I gave him my number.

We headed down to watch warm ups. Our seats were right across from the SU bench. Xmas and BMK were warming up right in front of us, with the help of Griffen Hoffman. They were joking around and playing some warm up games.

At half time, we had to use the rest room bad (thanks to the blue lights we were drinking) Orangeyes, sorry I ducked out so fast after seeing you, I just really had to go haha.
There was quite a line for the rest room, but made it in, and out. As I was headed back into the VIP room, I see HCSS talking to someone. As he started to walk away, he saw me looking at him and said "Hey young man" I said "Coach, I flew in from Alaska to watch you beat Boston College" His eyes got big and he said "that was you?!" (I tweeted him as I was getting on the plane and said that I was flying in for the game. Never thought he would read it, or remember) He called his wife over and said "Hun, this is the guy that flew from Alaska!" He looked at me and said, "Man, its a good thing we won then huh" It was awesome. The amount of stuff that man must have on his mind.. to remember a stupid tweet, I thought that was really neat.
I felt embarrassed to say I "liked" your initial post, so I didn't. But I am so happy that you and your Dad had such a great time. What an awesome story about you and HCSS (and what a nice picture). So happy that you and your Dad saw such a fun game.

Last edited:
I felt embarrassed to say I "liked" your initial post, so I didn't. But I am so happy that you and your Dad had such a great time. What an awesome story about you and HCSS (and what a nice picture). So happy that you and your Dad saw such a fun game.
You rock Joyce for helping make this happen!

This thread really made me smile. I'm happy you and your dad got to have this experience and look forward to reading more in the morning! Awesome to see Moten, Devo, HCSS on hand and taking time out for their fans, for Joyce helping you out, and for anyone else involved. Plus we now know who inhabits that Ewing avatar, and it may seem less creepy from now on.

View attachment 5835

At half time, we had to use the rest room bad (thanks to the blue lights we were drinking) Orangeyes, sorry I ducked out so fast after seeing you, I just really had to go haha.There was quite a line for the rest room, but made it in, and out.

As I was headed back into the VIP room, I see HCSS talking to someone. As he started to walk away, he saw me looking at him and said "Hey young man" I said "Coach, I flew in from Alaska to watch you beat Boston College" His eyes got big and he said "that was you?!" (I tweeted him as I was getting on the plane and said that I was flying in for the game. Never thought he would read it, or remember) He called his wife over and said "Hun, this is the guy that flew from Alaska!" He looked at me and said, "Man, its a good thing we won then huh" It was awesome. The amount of stuff that man must have on his mind.. to remember a stupid tweet, I thought that was really neat.
As much as I want to punch you in the face right now, I am glad you had a great trip back. You picked a hell of a week to come back and see two spectacular 'Cuse games. You appear to be good luck, you can come back anytime.

Doesn't surprise me to read this about HCSS and Moten. My interactions with both have confirmed that they are good people. Awesome recap of what sounds like a great experience.

You know for all of the back and forth debate, and the the times that drive us nuts, stories like this is what makes it great to be a fan. Sports are great, and worth all the twists, turns, and disappointment when you can experience good times with people close to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom