Best part of last night's LSU-Kentucky game LSU fans chanting "Get off the court" | Syracusefan.com

Best part of last night's LSU-Kentucky game LSU fans chanting "Get off the court"

Alsacs

Living Legend
Practically the entire first half of the game the LSU student section was chanting "Get off the court" towards John Calipari it was hilarious. In fact Calipari started sitting a down a little more because of that chant. In the 2nd half when Kentucky was on offense in front of the Kentucky bench he was on the court less, but every time he was on the court the Tigers fan chanted "Get off the court" I hope more student sections starting this chant as the coaches on the court really has become something annoying to see all game long. Also, meeting Dan Dakich was cool the dude really loves Syracuse and JB and said we are one of his 5 teams on his list that he would pick to win NC. I didn't realize Baton Rouge, LA actually gets ice and snow it was funny driving and the people down here not having a clue how to drive.

Practically the entire first half of the game the LSU student section was chanting "Get off the court" towards John Calipari it was hilarious. In fact Calipari started sitting a down a little more because of that chant. In the 2nd half when Kentucky was on offense in front of the Kentucky bench he was on the court less, but every time he was on the court the Tigers fan chanted "Get off the court" I hope more student sections starting this chant as the coaches on the court really has become something annoying to see all game long. Also, meeting Dan Dakich was cool the dude really loves Syracuse and JB and said we are one of his 5 teams on his list that he would pick to win NC. I didn't realize Baton Rouge, LA actually gets ice and snow it was funny driving and the people down here not having a clue how to drive.
He actually went on the court and pushed his player in the direction he wanted him to go. How on earth is that not a technical? I was a third base coach for a long time. A coach in baseball cant touch a player on the field unless time is out, if he does the player is out. Its a common sense rule. Dixon gave K the blow (besides the fact his team got embarrassed) probably because K called him out for being on the court. No fan of Ks, but i cant blame him.

COACH-CAL-SHOVE.gif

The worst offender of all time was Louie Carneseca - dude would have been inside three point line most of the game.

The worst offender of all time was Louie Carneseca - dude would have been inside three point line most of the game.
Ahhh now i feel bad, i always liked and respected coach Carneseca. Miss his Canucks sweater. The good ole days of the Pearl and the General...

I have never done this before, but just out of curiousity, went on a uk fansite today. The majority of fans are unmerciful on Cal and his team right now. Five times worse than the heat JB got with our little losing streak last year. i guess it goes w cals paygrade. But reading that site for a few secs, could not have been more thankful for SUs season so far.

The last few games I've watched, I've seen a few more warnings to coaches for being on the court. Maybe the refs are starting to crack down a little more.

*watches GIF again*

Nah.

Ahhh now i feel bad, i always liked and respected coach Carneseca. Miss his Canucks sweater. The good ole days of the Pearl and the General...
I loved Louie too - except when we were playing them - there were many times in the Garden when I thought the Johnnies had 6 guys on D

I have never done this before, but just out of curiousity, went on a uk fansite today. The majority of fans are unmerciful on Cal and his team right now. Five times worse than the heat JB got with our little losing streak last year. i guess it goes w cals paygrade. But reading that site for a few secs, could not have been more thankful for SUs season so far.

With K'ys player payroll, I can understand some discontent from the fans.

Someone should really photoshop Cal's face on Tomlin's body.

With K'ys player payroll, I can understand some discontent from the fans.
Kentucky accepts paying the luxury tax, but they expect to beat teams like LSU and Arkansas. Tax paying teams except more look at the Miami Heat.

He actually went on the court and pushed his player in the direction he wanted him to go. How on earth is that not a technical? I was a third base coach for a long time. A coach in baseball cant touch a player on the field unless time is out, if he does the player is out. Its a common sense rule. Dixon gave K the blow (besides the fact his team got embarrassed) probably because K called him out for being on the court. No fan of Ks, but i cant blame him.

Refs may have missed it - it was so far off the ball if you look at the replay.

But if he did see it, what is the actual rule. Has to be something.

I do remember Cal getting burned for this while at UMass in 1992 tourney sweet 16.

I guess he may have "stopped" for a short time only... he has been slowly been able to build back to same and even higher antics with no consequences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom