Best Shows Cancelled too early | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Shows Cancelled too early

The Black Donnellys. Watched every show right after 24 then BAM gone. Plus it had Olivia Wilde who drinks her milk everyday

Terriers. They marketed it horribly when it came out and know one even knew what it was about, but it was an outstanding show. Was shocked they didn't give it at least a second season.

Men of A Certain Age

Sports Night

Life on Mars

Ever see the BBC version of "Life On Mars? Far superior to the American version. Also produced a spin-off "Ashes To Ashes". Keeley Hawes and Philip Glenister. Not as good as "Life On Mars" but still pretty good.

This is my typical insomnia induced post, but I'll throw it out there anyway ...

What is the worst rated show you really liked? The first that comes to mind is the Black Donnellys. Had Olivia Wilde been the star she is now, that show would have taken off. Regardless, I thought it was a great show.

I wonder if it had aired a year later, after the Sopranos ended, whether it would have had a better chance.

Voyagers! I loved this show as a kid. This was probably my favorite episode.

I also loved Voyagers as a kid. It was like clockwork on Sundays. Eat dinner. Bath time. Voyagers at 7:00.

Jon Erik Hexum. Poster boy for never playing with prop guns.

DID YOU KNOW? Meeno Pellucci, the actor who played Hexum's history buff sidekick is the brother of Punky Brewster star Soleil Moon Frye.

My entry to this thread: Terminator: The Sarah Conner Cronicles. A well written show, compelling characters, solid actors, and a built in fan base. The show is lost in a coin flip to keep Josh Whedon's Dollhouse...which is cancelled anyway after it's second season proving that not everything he touches turns to gold. IMHO, another Fox F-up. That was my last foray into network television series. It's all cable, all the time now. AMC is my home base.

My entry to this thread: Terminator: The Sarah Conner Cronicles. A well written show, compelling characters, solid actors, and a built in fan base. The show is lost in a coin flip to keep Josh Whedon's Dollhouse...which is cancelled anyway after it's second season proving that not everything he touches turns to gold. IMHO, another Fox F-up. That was my last foray into network television series. It's all cable, all the time now. AMC is my home base.
Agreed. I was a big fan of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Especially with James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd (currently of Walking Dead fame) as the producers/writers, this series got a raw deal.

Isn't this basically the same as our previous thread "Best Shows Cancelled Too Early" since most poorly rated shows get cancelled?

Not necessarily the same thing. Arrested Development was highly rated by the critics, but viewership just wasn't there.

Shows that weren't very highly rated (and eventually canceled) that I've recently enjoyed:

Terra Nova
Alcatraz
Surface

Ever see the BBC version of "Life On Mars? Far superior to the American version. Also produced a spin-off "Ashes To Ashes". Keeley Hawes and Philip Glenister. Not as good as "Life On Mars" but still pretty good.
I have been meaning to check it out. I really enjoyed Harvey Keitel and Michael Imperioli in the American version.

I also loved Voyagers as a kid. It was like clockwork on Sundays. Eat dinner. Bath time. Voyagers at 7:00.

Jon Erik Hexum. Poster boy for never playing with prop guns.

DID YOU KNOW? Meeno Pellucci, the actor who played Hexum's history buff sidekick is the brother of Punky Brewster star Soleil Moon Frye.

Eat dinner. Bath time. Voyagers & ice cream at 7:00.

Not necessarily the same thing. Arrested Development was highly rated by the critics, but viewership just wasn't there.

True, I assumed he was referring to Nielsen ratings.

Pushing Daisies. I think you needed to have an HDTV to really enjoy it. If it had come out a couple years later when more people had HDTVs, it would have been a hit.

They are canceling last resort one of the best shows on tv. (n)

stargate universe, lie to me, alcatraz and soon merlin on sci fi were some of my others.

Firefly stands head and shoulders atop this category.

It got snubbed so hard that they wouldn't even let them finish the first season! Today Firefly is rated as the #6 best TV series of all time on IMDB despite the awkwardly abrupt ending mid-season, and its creator is now one of the hottest directors in Hollywood coming off directing one of the most successful box office films of all time. Firefly getting cancelled was Tom-Brady-drafted-in-rd-6 on the "oops" scale.

FOX's original cancellation of 'Family Guy' deserves an honorable mention.

Firefly without a doubt they had one of the best casts ever. The first couple season's of Chuck were really good then NBC screwed it up by never giving them a full committment.

It really sucked the way the event ended, it was almost like they were told yes you get a second season then had the plug pulled. So many unanswered questions.

It really sucked the way the event ended, it was almost like they were told yes you get a second season then had the plug pulled. So many unanswered questions.

Sadly, almost any show that gets aired on NBC is doomed. Fox tends to be in the same boat. CBS & ABC dominate primetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom