Best street parking for games | Syracusefan.com

Best street parking for games

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
Without luck getting a coveted parking lot pass, I’ve always used sky top or one of the hospital owned garages ($35). The parking garages take 30+ minutes to empty after the game which - while not unreasonable - makes me wonder if street parking nearby might be another option. The time stuck in the garage could be spent walking down the hill to a free spot.

So… what are the best bets for free street parking in terms of safety and availability? We come from the western suburbs.

Without luck getting a coveted parking lot pass, I’ve always used sky top or one of the hospital owned garages ($35). The parking garages take 30+ minutes to empty after the game which - while not unreasonable - makes me wonder if street parking nearby might be another option. The time stuck in the garage could be spent walking down the hill to a free spot.

So… what are the best bets for free street parking in terms of safety and availability? We come from the western suburbs.
I would not park on the street. People break into cars on the street. It is easy to read the signs wrong and get a ticket or wrong, get your car towed.

I recommend parking at Dr King elementary school.

It is maybe a 7 block walk. It is safe to walk and if you want to hang with the tailgating folks at one of the West lots, those lots are right on the way.

Sometimes they have someone there who charges $10 but most of the time it is free.

416 E Raynor Ave, Syracuse, NY 13202

I would not park on the street. People break into cars on the street. It is easy to read the signs wrong and get a ticket or wrong, get your car towed.

I recommend parking at Dr King elementary school.

It is maybe a 7 block walk. It is safe to walk and if you want to hang with the tailgating folks at one of the West lots, those lots are right on the way.

Sometimes they have someone there who charges $10 but most of the time it is free.

416 E Raynor Ave, Syracuse, NY 13202
Very nice. Does that lot fill up pretty early? I plotted the walking path... might be simpler to just loop around at Van Buren.

dome-walk.JPG

Last edited: