Best Syracuse recruiting class 2fold | Syracusefan.com

Best Syracuse recruiting class 2fold

20Plus

I’d like to know peoples opinion on our best recruiting class all time.

With two separate considerations

1. One for incoming (ranking size and quality)!

2). Actualized and performance)with their length of stay consider but warm portly success on the floor with production!

Because melo and Gerry won it all the first year that’s the best class when you consider Billy as well .

But that Billy Owens class I believe had six with high end talent.

That all being said WHEN we do land Stewart and Guerrier and maybe one more target it has to be top five

Warrick/Edelin/Pace/Forth/Konecny has to be a contender. That’s 4 of the top 8 on our title team, two four year starters, an all American and BE player of the year, and a rock solid contributor and 2 year starter in Pace. One complete flame out who I don’t think even made it to the first game, and Edelin was in and out. But making up half of the title team rotation outweighs that.

Flynn/Greene/Scoop/Jackson/Sean Williams has to be up there. 4 good players, two of whom were here for 4 years(5 in Scoop’s case). That 2009 team led by Flynn got us back into the mix on a national level for the first time in a few years.

Hart/Thomas/Walton/Lloyd/Howard on paper was one of our best classes. While it wasn’t what we expected at first, Blackwell transferring in salvaged it and Hart/Thomas/Blackwell left as 3 very good players for SU who went out with a great year.

In recent history, 2010 was a slam dunk.
  1. Dion Waiters, #4 NBA pick in 2012
  2. Fab Melo, #22 NBA pick in 2012
  3. CJ Fair, 2014 3rd team AP All-American, #15 on the all time SU scoring list with 1,660 points
  4. Baye Keita, very solid role player/backup center/spot starting center. About as good a backup center as you can ask for. Clutch FT shooter on our 2013 Big East Tournament and 2014 NCAA Final Four runs.

Also, 2007 was a great class.
  1. Jonny Flynn, #6 NBA Pick in 2009
  2. Donte Greene, #28 NBA pick in 2018
  3. Scoop Jardine, #38 on the all time SU scoring list with 1,265 points. 2009-2010 NCAA 6th man of the year.
  4. Rick Jackson, #41 on the all time SU scoring list with 1,245 points. 2010-2011 Big East Defensive POY and 2nd team all Big East.

Basically, any time you get or develop 2 first rounders in a single recruiting class, it's a very good class. See 2015 also:
  1. Malachi Richardson, #22 NBA pick in 2016
  2. Tyler Lydon, #24 NBA pick in 2017
  3. Frank Howard - his story is still being told

3. CJ Fair, 2014 3rd team AP All-American, #15 on the all time SU scoring list with 1,660 points
  4. Baye Keita, very solid role player/backup center/spot starting center. About as good a backup center as you can ask for. Clutch FT shooter on our 2013 Big East Tournament and 2014 NCAA Final Four runs.
I agree, this was the best class that I can remember (post 2000) except for the Carmelo Gerry class which has to be the top one because it won't us a championship.

I agree, this was the best class that I can remember (post 2000) except for the Carmelo Gerry class which has to be the top one because it won't us a championship.
2010 was a phenomenal class. Imagine if we brought in Waiters, Fab, CJ, and Keita right now, and they all stayed 3-4 years?

This one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom