Best Thanksgiving episodes and tv shows | Syracusefan.com

Best Thanksgiving episodes and tv shows

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
As we're awaiting SU-Notre Dame, I figured I'd find out what's on your must see list each Thanksgiving

Movies
Planes, Trains and Automobiles - the pinnacle of Thanksgiving movies as far as I'm concerned

TV shows
WKRP in Cincinnati - Turkeys Away
The Bob Newhart Show - Over the River and Through the Woods
All the Friends Thanksgiving episodes
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (for the kids or adults who are still kids)
Garfield Thanksgiving (for the kids or adults who are still kids)

As we're awaiting SU-Notre Dame, I figured I'd find out what's on your must see list each Thanksgiving

Movies
Planes, Trains and Automobiles - the pinnacle of Thanksgiving movies as far as I'm concerned

TV shows
Great calls on Planes, Trains & Automobiles, and the WKRP and Newhart episodes. That's all I need.

What other Thanksgiving movies are there?

Not a knock on Ps, Ts and As, just having a hard time thinking of other Thanksgiving movies.

Not a knock on Ps, Ts and As, just having a hard time thinking of other Thanksgiving movies.

1542544300347.png

ThanksKilling (2009) - IMDb

Much of Miracle on 34th Street takes place on Thanksgiving Day. That's really the best overall holiday movie for my money. Skip the remakes and go straight to the B&W original.

Much of Miracle on 34th Street takes place on Thanksgiving Day. That's really the best overall holiday movie for my money. Skip the remakes and go straight to the B&W original.

Love the original. I always consider that a Christmas but you're right, it's also Thanksgiving. Some people say the Dylan McDermott version is good but I can't get into it like the original.

“Thanksgiving” was a fake trailer for a horror movie during the “intermission” of Grindhouse. Does that count?

Natalie Wood was great, too.

Movies

TV shows

Anyone have any to add to the discussion that I should check out this year? This list is still my must sees.

Best thanksgiving movie? No brainer: Scent of a Woman

I believe it was a thanksgiving episode of NCIS where Tony is with Bishop at the airport and Bishop is with her boyfriend and they are waiting on a flight out and Tony is want on senior and there is a huge terrorist threat at the airport.

Again I believe it was thanksgiving episode, could’ve been Christmas.

Turkeys Away is on MeTV tonight at 7:30 Eastern

Here’s one that we space nerds appreciate. It was made by some college kids 12 years ago- some of whom went on to work in mission control for NASA.
It is a Thanksgiving parody of the movie Apollo 13.