Best Thanksgiving episodes and tv shows | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Thanksgiving episodes and tv shows

I was able to get Planes, Trains and Automobiles on the DVR off Showtime this week so I'll be ready to watch commercial-free this year. yes, I'm ready for the holiday season already and I'm not ashamed of it.

Ok we're close enough to Thanksgiving to bump this thread again. Whats on your must see list each year?

Ok we're close enough to Thanksgiving to bump this thread again. Whats on your must see list each year?

Not sure I saw this thread the first time around, but Planes Trains and Automobiles is so good. Has a bit of everything. I've introduced my son to a bunch of John Candy movies and he seems to like them all (this, Summer Rental, The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, Spaceballs, Splash). Which is good, because now I don't have to make him move out of the house (at age 11).

He was one of my favorites as a kid.

I watch this movie every year , and lmao.. every year. A classic

”Those aren’t pillows”!

32BF9B09-4A6E-463C-BE1F-FA6F78BDA4F7.jpeg

The Blind Side
The Big Chill
Avalon
Curley Sue
Addams Family Values
Grumpy Old Men
Nobody’s Fool
You’ve Got Mail

Something for just about everyone...

Great list. I hadn't watched some of those in awhile and I had forgotten some of those were Thanksgiving movies. I might need to check the listings this week and try to catch a few of them.

I finally got the DVD for Planes, Trains and Automobiles and watched it this morning. Should have done that many years ago. Several scenes that are even funnier in their complete version but I guess that's not surprising.

The Blind Side
The Big Chill
Avalon
Curley Sue
Addams Family Values
Grumpy Old Men
Nobody’s Fool
You’ve Got Mail

Something for just about everyone...
Speaking of Grumpy Old Men, last night I watched Walter Mattau in Bad News Bears. Not sure I ever watched it before in its entirety. He's great in everything.

Speaking of Grumpy Old Men, last night I watched Walter Mattau in Bad News Bears. Not sure I ever watched it before in its entirety. He's great in everything.
BNB is one of my all time favorite movies... there’s something beautiful about honesty between children & adults.

More in line w the holiday portion of this thread...

PT&A... At one point in my life, my friends and I could recite every line of that movie. Del Griffith and Neal Page are icons.

Just watching the King of Queens one where Florence Henderson guest stars and her and Arthur are fighting the whole time. Classic.

Just watching the King of Queens one where Florence Henderson guest stars and her and Arthur are fighting the whole time. Classic.

I meant to mention that one. I watched it this afternoon. Totally hilarious!

I did my annual viewing of Planes, Trains and Automobiles and a few things stood our more than usual this year. Why was Neal Page freaking out about not being in first class on the plane? After all the trouble getting to the airport and on the plane, he's going to get worked up about not sitting in first class for 90 minutes? Grow up!

And he was so desperate for a hotel room, but he decides to get all upset about sharing a room with Del for one night? You've got a bed and a roof over your head. Again grow up!

I did my annual viewing of Planes, Trains and Automobiles and a few things stood our more than usual this year. Why was Neal Page freaking out about not being in first class on the plane? After all the trouble getting to the airport and on the plane, he's going to get worked up about not sitting in first class for 90 minutes? Grow up!

And he was so desperate for a hotel room, but he decides to get all upset about sharing a room with Del for one night? You've got a bed and a roof over your head. Again grow up!
Deep breaths...

Deep breaths...
I'm very calm! :) I just think Del got the rep of being hard to live with, and I don't really think it was ALL his fault. Neal could've been a bit more flexible at times.

Airing of Thanksgiving grievances!
Linus VanPelt is way too preachy. ;)

The classic WKRP episode along with Thanksgiving Orphans from Cheers, which is also funny, will be on MeTV this Sunday afternoon