Best tv dads | Syracusefan.com

Best tv dads

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. Let's discuss our favorite tv dads. These are mine off the top of my mind.

1. Ward Cleaver - Watching reruns as an adult has really made me appreciate how good of a guy Ward was putting up with all of Beaver's antics.
2. Jim Anderson - Father Knows Best
3. Frank Costanza /Arthur Spooner - Had to put them in a tie. Neither character was a very good father, but at least they were hilarious being bad at it.
4. Steven Keaton - Really was a good father but now that I watch as an adult, very underrated on how much humor he added to life.
5. Andy Taylor - Never really a huge Andy Griffith Show fan but I can still appreciate Andy being a good father.

Last edited:
always like Wilford Brimley in "Our house" but that may be because I liked him the Natural as a kid and I liked his oatmeal commercials

and of course michael landon as charles Ingalls and ralph Waite who played John Walton and also Jackson Gibbs both great dads

Last edited:
Zbv8uUD.gif

Michael Bluth
Mike Brady
Martin Crane
Peter Griffin
Stan Smith
Tony Soprano
Harold Weir

Martin Crane is another good call. He'd make my next 5 after my top 5

andy griffith. lorne greene. bill bixby. sam waterson in "i'll fly away". something noble in dad's going it alone.
of course they all had great support systems.

Michael Landon - Little House On The Prairie
Danny Thomas - Make Room For Daddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom