The Americans
Ozark
Peaky Blinders
Homeland
Master of None
Suits
Boardwalk Empire
House of Cards

I forgot House of Cards and Transparent.
I liked Ray Donovan, too, but didn't think it was 'genius' enough to include. But, it was good.
Yeah, if I were to rank all of my honorable mentions, Ray Donovan would be last.

No particular order:

Better Call Saul
The Americans
Ozark
Peaky Blinders
Homeland
Master of None
Suits
Boardwalk Empire
House of Cards
Ozark fell victim to my three-season rule. Here’s that list (in no particular order):

Westworld
Barry
Ozark
The Mandalorian
Everything Sucks
Cobra Kai
Fleabag
S e x Education

I also forgot to include Dear White People with my honorable mentions, although the third season wasn’t great.

Ozark fell victim to my three-season rule. Here’s that list (in no particular order):

Westworld
Barry
Ozark
The Mandalorian
Everything Sucks
Cobra Kai
Fleabag
S e x Education

I also forgot to include Dear White People with my honorable mentions, although the third season wasn’t great.
Oh, American Vandal. Only two seasons, but hilarious.

Fully agree on Twin Peaks. I loved the original. Even read the Laura Palmer Diary back in 1990 or whenever it was. But, the new Showtime series sucked out loud. Maybe another one of those instances where an 'auteur/genius' is actually given too much freedom.

I have been disappointed in Better Call Saul. It's just. So. Slow. I think the last season was better, but right now, i can't remember any of it, so i guess it didn't make much of an impact. Wait, what? How is Saul better than Breaking Bad?

I liked Walking Dead a lot initially, and then—maybe around the time Rick died or just before(?)—my interest began to wane. The whole Neegan thing got to be too much. I stopped watching a season ago, and even stopped watching the spin-off sometime last year. You're right—i didn't even think to include them in my top shows of the decade purely because my feelings about them were so totally changed by the last few seasons.

I think BCS has done an amazing job fleshing out the characters of Saul and Mike and giving us their backstory. They’ve made me care about Nacho and Kim and even Chuck - previously unknown characters while at the same time flawlessly leading the story up to Breaking Bad with initially a ton of Easter eggs, to now basically starting to blend into the Breaking Bad story with zero continuity errors of any kind. These guys are so freaking good.

I wouldn’t say BCS is better. Breaking Bad was just so insanely entertaining - especially from late season 3 on. But BCS is technically amazing from a writing standpoint IMO, and an entertaining show in a different way. Hard for them to have you on the edge of your seat when we mostly know these characters fates, so there’s not going to be any Jesse killing Gail so they can’t kill Walt moments, or Walt wiping out Gus’s drug dealers with his car out of nowhere to save Jesse.

Oh, American Vandal. Only two seasons, but hilarious.
I also forgot to mention Watchmen and Mindhunter. And I’m pissed at Lindelof and Fincher for letting those shows get cancelled.

Most fun i had all decade watching TV was Stranger Things. Better Call Saul was probably second. Other shows were "better," but I didnt enjoy them nearly as much.

13 Reasons Why was captivating. Wouldn’t be my usual go-to... but relevant regarding a sensitive topic.

Especially among our youth.

I also forgot to mention Watchmen and Mindhunter. And I’m pissed at Lindelof and Fincher for letting those shows get cancelled.
the news I'm seeing is that Mindhunter is on hold. That sucks. I'm dying for that next season. I have so few shows as it is.

For us nerds in this thread... What on Earth?, Aerial America, and Through the Wormhole (with Morgan Freeman).

Looking forward to the new Cosmos: Possible Worlds in March.

the news I'm seeing is that Mindhunter is on hold. That sucks. I'm dying for that next season. I have so few shows as it is.
It will be difficult getting the cast back together. All it takes is for one of them to land another show.

For us nerds in this thread... What on Earth?, Aerial America, and Through the Wormhole (with Morgan Freeman).

Looking forward to the new Cosmos: Possible Worlds in March.

Love Aerial America. But alas, we don't get it with our current programming. :(

GoT (minus the last terrible season that I will never watch again)

Stranger Things

Any/all of the BBC Planet Earth/nature documentaries that came out in the last decade.

The Boys is shaping up to be a really good series

Shameless

Outlander is a guilty pleasure of mine

I forgot about THE NEWSROOM!
Somehow thought maybe it began earlier. It’s probably my No. 2 of the decade.
So did I!

And I also forgot Sex Education. I highly recommend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom