Beth Mowins | Syracusefan.com

Beth Mowins

realorange

Living Legend
I had the opportunity to hear Beth Mowins at our Athletic Club this evening. I know some of you know Beth personnally as she is a Syracuse gal. There was a video shown of her receiving the Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame award a few years ago. Very impressive to know she was an excellent athlete as well as a quality announcer.
She is a very good speaker and told numerous stories that anyone interested in sports would enjoy. I'd recommend her if you could get her for any of your organizations programs.

I had the opportunity to hear Beth Mowins at our Athletic Club this evening. I know some of you know Beth personnally as she is a Syracuse gal. There was a video shown of her receiving the Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame award a few years ago. Very impressive to know she was an excellent athlete as well as a quality announcer.
She is a very good speaker and told numerous stories that anyone interested in sports would enjoy. I'd recommend her if you could get her for any of your organizations programs.
Where did this take place?

We have a group called Athletic Club of the Lowcountry near Hilton Head. Her dad lives in our community.

When you say she's a Syracuse gal, does that mean from the area, or from SU?

Her Dad cut me from his HS baseball team grrrrrrrrr couchburn
I liked this post, but mainly because I enjoy the fact that people are actively liking that you got cut from the team, Mark. What a bunch of jerks.

Undergrad at Lafayette where she still holds the all-time assist record for womens BB.

Undergrad at Lafayette where she still holds the all-time assist record for womens BB.
If Beth played Doris one on one, which would win? Beth is two years younger but Doris played at a higher level program. I think Beth is a little taller, might be able to post Doris up down low.

They incidentally appear to be good friends. Got together to chat several times each game during timeouts during the BET.

Beth is a good friend. She is hilarious, talented, and very loyal. I agree with everything positive written about her :) and ignore all the negative crap.

One of the interesting things Beth told us was that the crews who travel and do the games have very little to do with the personalities we see daily on ESPN--Dan Patrick, Mike and Mike, etc. She said she was at Bristol once last year.

Some reason Beth reminds me of Reba McEntire..I think it is the voice and the hair.

I liked this post, but mainly because I enjoy the fact that people are actively liking that you got cut from the team, Mark. What a bunch of jerks.

That's okay after I got cut I went out and made the golf team...I was #5 on the team. When we played West Genesee I got paired against a girl on their team. She beat me by 10 strokes for 9 holes and usually outdrove me. Wasn't a good spring. Ofcourse I heard she made the LPGA.

She is the Best....... I think she's Great. She makes a lot of the men announcers look silly and she can do it all. Versatile and Super talented. :)

Not sure who is the bigger jerk: them or you liking that they are jerks. :)

I was crushed for about 24 hours until I realized I could make the golf team and play for free. :rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom