Better Call Saul | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

True. Still give them what they expect and move on. I think Kim is truly shocked that Jimmy has no feelings about Chuck whatsoever. At any rate it looks like she is going to help him with an appeal. We know he gets his law license back so whatever they come up with in next weeks episode must do the trick.

I don’t think he intentionally held out on talking about Chuck.

He gave the impression that it hadn’t even dawned on him to do so when Kim asked. He truly doesn’t think about Chuck.

I agree that Kim has reservations about that, but at the same time is trying to be understanding that everybody copes differently.

I don’t think Jimmy was insincere. He struggled with the law question and didn’t even really answer it...he fell back on improvising and telling his story: which was sincere IMO. But he struggled with the law question because it’s really not that important to him.

He didn’t mention Chuck because he truly didn’t even think of it. To talk about him because that’s what they wanted to hear would’ve been insincere.

Agreed 100%. Frankly, that seems like a caprcious move on the part of that committee, given that he did everything else by the book [to the best of their knowledge].

I can see them asking him the question about the law, but to reject him on that basis seems professionally absurd, and I'd have to assume that he would have recourse. I get that this is a plot element, but it didn't make much sense IMO.

EDIT -- unless this is a path for him to somehow assume the false identify of "Saul Goodman" to get around their rejection of his license. Not sure how that would work in terms of him proving that he passed the bar, etc. under this new identity. They alluded to it at the diner, with Jimmy pointing out that his new clientele recognize him under that pseudonym -- so perhaps that would just get things from point A to B faster.

Last edited:
i re-watched the first two breaking bad episodes in which saul appears. they have a long way to go to make the characters match up. by the time he appears on bb, he is not mourning however he splits from kim, he is actually lusting after his matronly paralegal, and he is eager to become a full blown criminal alongside walt & jesse.

i re-watched the first two breaking bad episodes in which saul appears. they have a long way to go to make the characters match up. by the time he appears on bb, he is not mourning however he splits from kim, he is actually lusting after his matronly paralegal, and he is eager to become a full blown criminal alongside walt & jesse.

Tonight’s episode was a big step IMO.

For Mike to become what he becomes too.

Lalo dropping out of the ceiling was comically absurd

I love his demeanor, ha. Just saw that scene like 5 min ago. Hilarious. That kid working at the Western Union type joint was a beauty too.

Did I miss why he went in the ceiling in the first place? Like...what was the point?

To climb above the bullet proof security glass, because he couldn't get to / threaten the attendant from the other side.

To climb above the bullet proof security glass, because he couldn't get to / threaten the attendant from the other side.

Thanks! Knew I was missing something at the time because I had no idea why he did that, but then things moved so fast and so much was happening that I forgot about it shortly after it happened.

Once again, my only problem...WHERE WAS NACHO!

He showed Lalo where the headquarters were. He gave that exasperated helpless look to Gus in the restaurant. And nowhere to be found this week.

I suspect we’ll see a lot of him next season. Given what was said when he and Lalo were mentioned by Saul in Breaking Bad:

“It wasn’t me, it was Ignacio! He’s the one!”
And
“Lalo didn’t send you?”

Now that Jimmy is definitely Saul, he's going to have to start doing work for Nacho soon. And I imagine things are going to get thick with him and Lalo.

Last edited:
Yup.

Wow.

Two lines that can't be uncrossed.

Also, did Lalo kill that kid? We know how Mike reacted the last time a bystander/civilian was killed as a result of his actions. Also goes to one of the major themes of Breaking Bad - essentially, actions have consequences, and bad actions (even when well intended or seemingly innocuous) have negative consequences.

Once again, my only problem...WHERE WAS NACHO!

He showed Lalo where the headquarters were. He gave that exasperated helpless look to Gus in the restaurant. And nowhere to be found this week.

I suspect we’ll see a lot of him next season. Given what was said when he and Lalo were mentioned by Saul in Breaking Bad:

“It wasn’t me, it was Ignacio! He’s the one!”
And
“Lalo didn’t send you?”

Now that Jimmy is definitely Saul, he's going to have to start doing work for Nacho soon. And I imagine things are going to get thick with him and Lalo.
i suspect that nacho and lalo are going to kill each other near the series end . . . it's the best way to explain saul's comments and the fact that we never saw either of them as walter & jesse made their way through the abq drug world.

i suspect that nacho and lalo are going to kill each other near the series end . . . it's the best way to explain saul's comments and the fact that we never saw either of them as walter & jesse made their way through the abq drug world.

Yup. Gus was taunting Hector that “the Salamanca name dies with you” after he poisoned them all in season 4, so Lalo has to be dead by that time.

Lalo kills Nacho when he figures out Nacho was responsible for Hector's current state. Mike takes out Lalo on orders from Gus.

I will avoid this thread but saw this is on Netflix. I watched first few episodes years back but didn’t follow up.

I’m told it gets really good. I should watch right? BB my favorite show ever next to the office.

My feeling...the people that truly loved Breaking Bad should absolutely watch Better Call Saul. It’s on the same level writing wise, quality wise, detail wise, etc. It’s the same universe brought to us by the same people - with some of the same characters. If you really like those characters, this gives a lot of the backstory. It really fleshes Saul’s character out to so much more than the comic relief scumbag lawyer he was in BB. Fleshes Mike out too. Fascinating characters IMO.

People that casually liked Breaking Bad because of the suspense, and the occasional craziness that would break out might not care for this. Because ultimately, you already know the fates of a lot of these characters. So that aspect isn’t there nearly as much. But it’s still an exciting(especially as it moves along) and enjoyable show. I think BB is the most exciting show of all time when things would eventually reach a boiling point, so nothing will ever top that IMO.

They have done a great job with it. And it’s pretty much getting close to the Breaking Bad timeline now.

There’s a few so so episodes in season 1 IMO that feel like a different show than BB, but stick with it. Things come into focus. The “Mike backstory” episode in season 1 is one of my favorite episodes out of BB/BCS. And much like BB, I think this has gotten better every season for the first 4.

My feeling...the people that truly loved Breaking Bad should absolutely watch Better Call Saul. It’s on the same level writing wise, quality wise, detail wise, etc. It’s the same universe brought to us by the same people - with some of the same characters. If you really like those characters, this gives a lot of the backstory. It really fleshes Saul’s character out to so much more than the comic relief scumbag lawyer he was in BB. Fleshes Mike out too. Fascinating characters IMO.

People that casually liked Breaking Bad because of the suspense, and the occasional craziness that would break out might not care for this. Because ultimately, you already know the fates of a lot of these characters. So that aspect isn’t there nearly as much. But it’s still an exciting(especially as it moves along) and enjoyable show. I think BB is the most exciting show of all time when things would eventually reach a boiling point, so nothing will ever top that IMO.

They have done a great job with it. And it’s pretty much getting close to the Breaking Bad timeline now.

There’s a few so so episodes in season 1 IMO that feel like a different show than BB, but stick with it. Things come into focus. The “Mike backstory” episode in season 1 is one of my favorite episodes out of BB/BCS. And much like BB, I think this has gotten better every season for the first 4.
My buddy has said the same thing about it’s progression

My buddy has said the same thing about it’s progression

I’ve probably watched Breaking Bad from start to finish at least 5 times, so I’m pretty much a fiend for the show. Even though I know what happens and that initial yell at the TV suspense is gone, I still find it incredibly enjoyable to watch. I know I’m not alone there, so any other fans like that would be into BCS IMO.

i disagree. i think it is a quality show but nonetheless significantly inferior to breaking bad. imho, the only character who is as compelling as anyone in bb is kim wexler. but even there, because we know who is and is not in saul's life once bb starts, we know things cannot end well for her, it's just a matter of exactly how her fall occurs

i disagree. i think it is a quality show but nonetheless significantly inferior to breaking bad. imho, the only character who is as compelling as anyone in bb is kim wexler. but even there, because we know who is and is not in saul's life once bb starts, we know things cannot end well for her, it's just a matter of exactly how her fall occurs

I’m into Nacho, I’m into Lola. I was into the German engineer last season. They’ve gotten me into guys I’d either heard mentioned once in BB, or that are completely new.

They gave me my guy Mike’s backstory. They made me care about Saul beyond his horrific/amazing suits and funny douche bag one liners and shady actions. And they’ve got Gus Fring on my screen again...they give me more of his backstory this year and I’ll be wanting for nothing else from this franchise.

Got Tio Salamanca’s backstory too! I eat this stuff up because there’s no continuity errors and they’ve taken seeming throwaway lines on BB(“Lola sent you?”) and made them compelling. Lola and Gus in Gus’s office??? Lola on the phone with the German and the “is that you Michael?”...I mean, I’m all into this character now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom