Better Call Saul | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

I’ve probably watched Breaking Bad from start to finish at least 5 times, so I’m pretty much a fiend for the show. Even though I know what happens and that initial yell at the TV suspense is gone, I still find it incredibly enjoyable to watch. I know I’m not alone there, so any other fans like that would be into BCS IMO.
I’ve watched twice and started again but man it’s honestly hard to rewatch. Too much intensity at times it’s hard to get through some stuff! Really gets your emotions still

Good grief! That flash forward has me wanting a Breaking Bad sequel(beyond El Camino) too! Wow.

The Lalo-Gus games are fantastic.

Mike- Gus tension!

Episode 2 is tomorrow!?

This TV world is just the best.

Good grief! That flash forward has me wanting a Breaking Bad sequel(beyond El Camino) too! Wow.

The Lalo-Gus games are fantastic.

Mike- Gus tension!

Episode 2 is tomorrow!?

This TV world is just the best.
Agree the Gene sequence was fantastic. Great unexpected last hurrah for a deceased actor too, can't believe we probably have to wait another year for resolution to the Gene cliffhanger.

Future Cinnabon timeline spinoff, stat! And was I the only one who wanted to punch that guy who approached Saul in the food court? (good casting)

Reminder to those who don't know - episode 1 was last night (Sunday), but 2 is tonight at 9 EST. I think Monday at that time is the schedule now (thankfully).

Opener last night felt just about right. Continued things without too many tricks. Gus's struggle for power made sense. The Euro-mission the 4 Germans were sent on a bit more cryptic (usual Mike superhero move getting a bit old, but I understand his position).

And is this the beginning of Kim Wexler's downfall? She may have saved that young couple by lying about the DA taking away the offer, but someone in her shoes should probably be expected to be more pragmatic to her field, eh?

The humor is still there. Saul doing midnight phone/business card promo for clients in rough part of town expected, but it was amusing when all those people in the courthouse (camera crew) also wanted/needed his card. One thing - I don't remember how Saul got all those phones to give away for free. Wouldn't that store come looking for all the merch?

Future Cinnabon timeline spinoff, stat! And was I the only one who wanted to punch that guy who approached Saul in the food court? (good casting)

Reminder to those who don't know - episode 1 was last night (Sunday), but 2 is tonight at 9 EST. I think Monday at that time is the schedule now (thankfully).

Opener last night felt just about right. Continued things without too many tricks. Gus's struggle for power made sense. The Euro-mission the 4 Germans were sent on a bit more cryptic (usual Mike superhero move getting a bit old, but I understand his position).

And is this the beginning of Kim Wexler's downfall? She may have saved that young couple by lying about the DA taking away the offer, but someone in her shoes should probably be expected to be more pragmatic to her field, eh?

The humor is still there. Saul doing midnight phone/business card promo for clients in rough part of town expected, but it was amusing when all those people in the courthouse (camera crew) also wanted/needed his card. One thing - I don't remember how Saul got all those phones to give away for free. Wouldn't that store come looking for all the merch?

Euro-mission? I may have missed something, but i assumed Mike was simply sending them home for good - given what happened with their friend? He said something like “the job is only half done but I’m paying you in full”, and basically insinuated they would be killed if they talked about anything.

They’re going to break my heart with Nacho, because I’m really rooting for him now.

Jimmy/Saul’s stuff has been pretty slow so far but looks to be kicking into gear now with the meetup with Nacho. Assume he’ll have something to do with Crazy 8?

Things are getting to Mike, which we’ve never really seen before.

Euro-mission? I may have missed something, but i assumed Mike was simply sending them home for good - given what happened with their friend? He said something like “the job is only half done but I’m paying you in full”, and basically insinuated they would be killed if they talked about anything.

I thought that Gus told Mike that the operation would be set up again, once his impending war situation was straightened out. But you're probably right; they probably wouldn't need those particular workers anymore if the concrete work is basically done.

Loved the way they gradually made you realize it was Hank when he first appeared. Again, the appearance was true to BB, as it explained how Domingo became an informant for Hank.

Seems like we’ll see Gus/Hank meet too as Gus wanted to know his identity.

loved the episode. Nacho, Jimmy, and Kim are all stuck in things that they can’t get out of.

I thought we were about to get another elaborate “Mike building something cool” sequence and then the lady just hands him a charger. Well done!

Loved Jimmy and Mike’s phone conversation too. Mike has no time for his BS and his annoyance is awesome.

Missing Nacho and Lola. Thinking they’ll be back featured heavily soon.

Kim freaking out in the office was not a good sign for her. She’s been heading down the wrong path all season.

Kim is essentially Breaking Bad. It's going to be spectacularly dark to see what happens with her.

Am I the only one who reads posts in the football crane thread and thinks about Werner's team building Gus's lab?

Kim is essentially Breaking Bad. It's going to be spectacularly dark to see what happens with her.

Am I the only one who reads posts in the football crane thread and thinks about Werner's team building Gus's lab?

Ha. I thought of Werner’s team in the lab this week as I was stuck in the house and going stir crazy. Though I thought “they had a basketball hoop and beer on tap” so they had it slightly better than me.

Still very entertaining and engaging.

Things are starting to get a bit cartoonish - Saul pulling all those stunts to hold off the construction crew and the cop. But that's our Saul!

Kim - uh-oh. And I don't get why Howard is so eager to hire Jimmy/Saul.

We now know better why Gus needs Mike. I wish Mike was nicer to that Mexican lady. She's probably ready to hit him with a frying pan, even if he does fix stuff around the house.

And even in the era of Covid-19, I would absolutely trust Gus' chicken restaurants Those fryers are immaculate.

Oh - by the way - anyone recognize the actor playing Saul's elderly client who is facing eviction? That's Barry Corbin, who played Republican former astronaut Maurice Minnefield on Northern Exposure from 1990 to 1995.

Still very entertaining and engaging.

Things are starting to get a bit cartoonish - Saul pulling all those stunts to hold off the construction crew and the cop. But that's our Saul!

Kim - uh-oh. And I don't get why Howard is so eager to hire Jimmy/Saul.

We now know better why Gus needs Mike. I wish Mike was nicer to that Mexican lady. She's probably ready to hit him with a frying pan, even if he does fix stuff around the house.

And even in the era of Covid-19, I would absolutely trust Gus' chicken restaurants Those fryers are immaculate.

Oh - by the way - anyone recognize the actor playing Saul's elderly client who is facing eviction? That's Barry Corbin, who played Republican former astronaut Maurice Minnefield on Northern Exposure from 1990 to 1995.

Mike was definitely a huge key to Gus’s whole operation. Walt would’ve never gotten to Gus if Mike wasn’t temporarily out of the picture, IMO.

They’re going to break my heart with Nacho, because I’m really rooting for him now.

Jimmy/Saul’s stuff has been pretty slow so far but looks to be kicking into gear now with the meetup with Nacho. Assume he’ll have something to do with Crazy 8?

Things are getting to Mike, which we’ve never really seen before.

Nacho is an interesting character, especially with the dynamic with his dad. Hoping that they end up skipping town together, but I have a feeling that ain't the way it's gonna go.

Nacho is an interesting character, especially with the dynamic with his dad. Hoping that they end up skipping town together, but I have a feeling that ain't the way it's gonna go.

Yeah. Anytime I think he might make it, I go back to Saul’s “That wasn’t me, it was Ignacio!” and then “Lola sent you?” to Walt and Jesse in the desert in the first episode he appeared in on Breaking Bad.

Felt like we jumped ahead and skipped some steps in the Mike-Gus story...but it felt like they were just stalling with Mike anyway, so I’m ok with it. It was good to see him back in action. Loved seeing him and Nacho cross paths again, and seeing Mike work to get Lalo arrested.

Jimmy was in full scumbag Saul mode with that scheme, lol. Rhea Seehorn’s acting was so good when she got emotional at the end. Her acting is always really good, but Kim is a character who usually holds it all together no matter what - so it was different to see her emotional like that.

The childhood scene supports that she was telling that old guy the truth when she was trying to connect with him a few episodes ago. The actress that played Kim’s mother really had Kim’s mannerisms down, that was crazy.

4 more episodes this year. I really hope we’re winding things down with Coronavirus by then, because once this season is over...what the heck am I going to do on Monday nights? This at least gives me one thing to look forward to.

* Waiting for the episode to air from a show you’re into is still way better than binge watching things at your own pace.

Had to bump this thread because I loved Episode 8. A few interesting twists & turns that had me asking a few questions.

Who were the guys sent to hijack Saul in the desert?
A rival cartel crew?
Coudn't have been Gus, right?
Kim visiting Lalo offers infinite speculation on her dark fate.

Had to bump this thread because I loved Episode 8. A few interesting twists & turns that had me asking a few questions.

Who were the guys sent to hijack Saul in the desert?
A rival cartel crew?
Coudn't have been Gus, right?
Kim visiting Lalo offers infinite speculation on her dark fate.

Between Saul telling Mike that Kim knows and Kim showing up and telling Lalo that she knows, she seems destined for an unhappy ending.

Between Saul telling Mike that Kim knows and Kim showing up and telling Lalo that she knows, she seems destined for an unhappy ending.

Yeah, they've consistently had at least one significant plot element each week that shows Kim breaking bad and projecting that unhappy ending.

I thought Saul's revelation to Mike was this week's until the Lalo visit.

Over/under on episode # she gets whacked? I'm thinking episode 11 or 12 of season 6.

rambo mike . . . what a joke.
If by joke you mean a genius of comedy on par with the best of Norm MacDonald or Ricky Gervais, then I agree.

This season has been spectacular and this episode is a true highlight of the series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom