Better/Worse | Syracusefan.com

Better/Worse

nzm136

All Conference
Which positions will be better in '18, and which will be worse?

I'm feeling good about seeing improvement from our QB, OL, and RB.

I'm less optimistic about our WRs and our LBs.

And I honestly don't know enough about our DL, secondary, or special teams to comment.

Last edited:
Which positions will be better in '18, and which will be worse?

I'm feeling good about seeing improvement from our QB, OL, and WR.

I'm less optimistic about our WRs and our LBs.

And I honestly don't know enough about our DL, secondary, or special teams to comment.
I'm feeling confused about how you feel about our WRs.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

OL: Biggest improvement on the team. Our best lineman is back. Everyone else takes a big step forward much improved depth and we have a very good coach.

QB: Improved. Dungy is the leader and should have an all ACC season. Great depth in Tommy Gun and Son of Survivor.

RB: Cant be anything but improved. Hopefully Strick adds strength and vision. Thought he was mediocre at best last year. Between MP and the 2 frosh lets hope that they allow MO to move to the slot.

WR: Biggest question mark on the team. Butler is key. If and its a big if he can learn to catch he will have a breakout year. Custis is a mystery. So much potential but it has never been realized. The rest of the gang is pure speculation.

TE: Big improvement. Rav is a beast and i expect him to catch a ton of balls this year. Good depth behind him. Dont sleep on the Holy Cross transfer. He is my Dark Horse to have a very good year. I expect the TEs so alot more action especially in the red zone.

DL: Best in years. Slayton is a beast and our DEs become difference makers this year. Might be the best unit on the team.

LB: Young but lots of talent. I actually think we stay even or improve by the end of the year which is an amazing statement considering we have to replace three very good players and leaders. Still the guys coming in are physically better. Bigger stronger faster. With a solid group in front of them i think that by mid season this group is going to be very good.

Secondary: Much better .Cordy is a play maker and leader he is special. We finally have two ACC corners and our youth all have size and can run. I think this unit will be considerably better.

Special teams: Way better. With the exception of Murph who missed some big kicks everyone is back and i believe our coverage teams will have better athleticism across the board. I want to see Cordy returning kicks and punts as i believe he can become special in this area. Not sure who ends up kicking field goals but with 37 kickers on the team the competition should be fierce:)

So as a recap this team will be much improved in the two most important units. OL and DL. If our young WRs and LBs step up we are in for a good ride.

Things are definitely trending up!

Far better: DL, OL, DB, RB

Better: special teams, WR (yup), QB (comeptition breeds excellence)

Teetering either way: LB but i favor better due to have several guys with over a year in the system and 3 solid recruits. Better size across the board.

I think our LBs will be fine. Paris and Zaire we're fine players here but if we can't plug and play replacement pieces there our rebuild is behind.

Agree...Paris and Zaire are more replacable than ish and erv. Really worried about the wr group exacerbated by butler's alligator arms that developed late in the year.

We have no proven WR's. Could turn out to be worry over nothing, but to be confused about why someone would be confused confuses me. That's 3 degrees of confusion.

We have no proven WR's. Could turn out to be worry over nothing, but to be confused about why someone would be confused confuses me. That's 3 degrees of confusion.

He edited his post. He originally had WRs on both lines. If you had read what I had quoted my reply would not have confused you.

I think we see improvement at WR. Moe will eventually outproduce Erv imo. He’s the better natural playmaker with homerun speed. Pierce at TE should help open up our outside receivers be it down the sidelines or on short passes. I expect Pierce to open up the middle for our offense again.

We have good size and athletiticism to fill in the outside positions. I believe someone, or multiple players will step up.

Incorrect. I’m expecting both long snapper and holder to regress.
Seriously.

Why would our Senior long snapper regress?
Holder is an important position but I think we will be just fine.

Butler, our unproven wr, had 3 fewer receptions than BC's top pass catcher last season.
what was that like 5 catches or something? The guy from BC I mean. Isn't that why it's called BC?...cause that's when their offense was invented.

He edited his post. He originally had WRs on both lines. If you had read what I had quoted my reply would not have confused you.
You must not know me...I'd still be confused.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom