Bielema to Arkansas per Yahoo | Syracusefan.com

Bielema to Arkansas per Yahoo

What in gods name is he thinking... funny quote from him from earlier in the year

@Matt_HayesSN: Bielema quote from this summer: "We (#B1G) don't want to be like SEC in any way, shape or form"

@YahooForde
Yahoo! Sports exclusive: Bret Bielema leaving Wisconsin for Arkansas.http://yhoo.it/TDY9yU

Did not see this one coming...

Actually makes sense, no offense to Wisconsin but that program is pretty much at the Apex of what it can achieve. Not knocking them in anyway but I dont see Wisconsin contending for a National Title anytime soon. Arkansas will pretty much open the vault for football and with it being the SEC your always in it.

Cryst to Wisky? ANOTHER new coach at Pitt? Woah.

Power to him... he's a capitalist.

He left the great big 10/11/12/14? He probably wanted to get out of there before Rutgers, the USC of the East, came in.

Actually makes sense, no offense to Wisconsin but that program is pretty much at the Apex of what it can achieve. Not knocking them in anyway but I dont see Wisconsin contending for a National Title anytime soon. Arkansas will pretty much open the vault for football and with it being the SEC your always in it.

Isn't the Big 10 always in it to though?

I agree Wisconsin has a ceiling but so does Arkansas. The two schools seem very similar to me.

He has nowhere to go at Wisky except undefeated. His last 4 regular seasons have been 11-2, 11-1, 9-3 ...Another medicore 8-5 year at Wisky (pathetic rose bowl berth excluded) and he'll start to get some heat. So maybe he gets paid a little more at Arky and starts over where expectations will be lower for a season or two.

Isn't the Big 10 always in it to though?

I agree Wisconsin has a ceiling but so does Arkansas. The two schools seem very similar to me.

He has nowhere to go at Wisky except undefeated. His last 4 regular seasons have been 11-2, 11-1, 9-3 ...Another medicore 8-5 year at Wisky (pathetic rose bowl berth excluded) and he'll start to get some heat. So maybe he gets paid a little more at Arky and starts over where expectations will be lower for a season or two.

I dont disagree but with the B10 one loss your pretty much done, with the SEC as Georgia and Bama have shown one loss isnt necessarily a death knell, plus with Arkansas things were so bad this year he is going to get at least a two year honeymoon period. Even if he bombs out that huge contract will set him up for life and then he can go wherever he wants.

This is now the 3rd confirmed coach I've heard for Arkansas (after Peterson and Gundy). However at least a national writer has attached his name to it and seems pretty official, yay internet.

I know a lot of Wisconsin fans dislike him, that was before the Nebraska beatdown though. I'm not as surprised by this as others I guess.

He is so embarrassed to be taking an 8-5 team to the Rose Bowl, he went to a school where a Rose Bowl berth is a very unlikely event.

i thought it was a joke that blyleven made the hall of fame, now he's coaching football in the SEC? what the hell?!?

i thought it was a joke that blyleven made the hall of fame, now he's coaching football in the SEC? what the hell?!?

I hear ya. He was awful with a little round ball with laces. What makes him think he can coach a game with a big brown ball with laces?

@YahooForde
Yahoo! Sports exclusive: Bret Bielema leaving Wisconsin for Arkansas.http://yhoo.it/TDY9yU
Did not see this one coming...

His AD - former football coach - had been reminding him he has not won the Rose Bowl. And despite getting there this year, they were 7-5 and had a s-h-i-t-show year than began with firing a coach after week two.

Bielema, I sense was on a shorter rope than we realize.

Butch Jones aren't you glad you turned Purdue and haven't taken the Colorado job and c'mon on up to Madison. Cincinnati is a feeder to Big Ten type schools and he would be a better hire than Chryst who still has to prove he can be as good as Butch Jones. Step 1 Coach at a MAC School Step 2 Coach at Cincinnati Step 3 get a B1G type or ND job.

So, who goes to Wisconsin? Jones, Strong, Golden - wait who really cares?

If Doeren had waited, he might have been named the next HC at Wisconsin. He was the DC there for a while.

If Doeren had waited, he might have been named the next HC at Wisconsin. He was the DC there for a while.
I am not sure is he isn't better off at NC State. More upside following OB than Bielema.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom