Big 12 to expand...or not | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Big 12 to expand...or not

Yes. I think the biggest reason that their deficit is growing at such an alarming rate is because the exit fee revenues are gone/almost gone. As well as credits earned by former BE schools for NCAA basketball tournament play.

I would be interested to know how much money UConn made from all the schools that have left the conference. I bet they received over 10 million. Kind of funny given how little time they spent in the Big East playing football.
Even if they got $10 million, don't you think that they have probably blown through it by now? Since the Conn legislature is reducing the subsidy and the student fees are already very high, they have to determine a "point of no return" for the football program. The two basketball programs would thrive in the Big East and might even support the non-revenue sports. Because of Title IX, they may have to reduce a few non-revenue sports to club programs. :noidea:

Even if they got $10 million, don't you think that they have probably blown through it by now? Since the Conn legislature is reducing the subsidy and the student fees are already very high, they have to determine a "point of no return" for the football program. The two basketball programs would thrive in the Big East and might even support the non-revenue sports. Because of Title IX, they may have to reduce a few non-revenue sports to club programs. :noidea:
Yes, I am sure they used it to reduce the huge deficits to somewhat more manageable levels.

I would guess UConn is going to have to reduce the number of sports they provide. I think they have 24 now, which is a lot for a program without strong fan support in men's basketball or football.

I believe they got close to $40 million. Plus a share of whatever Louisville and Rutgers paid when they left.

The equivalent of loose change ESPN finds this weekend in its couches.
Exactly ESPN giving each school 1 million extra for 8 years is 1 extra 30 second commercial during each Big XII basketball and football game.
FOX chose not to pay this extortion money though.

Exactly ESPN giving each school 1 million extra for 8 years is 1 extra 30 second commercial during each Big XII basketball and football game.
FOX chose not to pay this extortion money though.
20 years ago, Springsteen gave the E Street Band 1 million each when he decided to not tour with them.

my how the 'world wide leader' has fallen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom