Big 12's split into divisions on hold as NCAA proposal aims to remove conference title game restrictions | Syracusefan.com

Big 12's split into divisions on hold as NCAA proposal aims to remove conference title game restrictions

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
It's been a long time coming. I will be more than glad to give up Miami annually to play FSU twice over 4 years, to give up GT annually to play Clemson twice over 4 years, etc.That will be good for UNC, and it will very good for the Acc. The variety of games should make things more interesting for general (as opposed to definite ACC) football fans.

I hope we don’t get shafted with Louisville as one of our 3 but I think it’s inevitable. Great news otherwise.
It will be a great indicator regarding how much the ACC cares about Syracuse and how it fits into the league.

I agree. Unlikely we will avoid getting stuck with UL. Hoping for the best (anyone but UL), expecting the worse.

I hope we don’t get shafted with Louisville as one of our 3 but I think it’s inevitable. Great news otherwise.

Hopefully it is Pitt, BC, and Wake. I don't like playing Wake but it beats Louisville by a mile. I could see UVA being there as well.

Hopefully it is Pitt, BC, and Wake. I don't like playing Wake but it beats Louisville by a mile. I could see UVA being there as well.

Would rather see Pitt, BC, and Miami

Anyone who thinks our 3 will be any teams other than Pitt, BC, and Louisville is just engaged in wishful thinking.

I will be stunned if our trio of annual games is anything other than this.
First off, this is outstanding news. The SEC and B1G have finally accepted the fact that the ACC isn't about to implode.

I think you're going to get Miami and not Louisville because Miami supposedly wants a "partner" in the Northeast for their numerous alumni there. Pitt will get Louisville for the annual Ohio River Clash. Louisville also wants VPI. UVa or BC will be their third team.

First off, this is outstanding news. The SEC and B1G have finally accepted the fact that the ACC isn't about to implode.

I think you're going to get Miami and not Louisville because Miami supposedly wants a "partner" in the Northeast for their numerous alumni there. Pitt will get Louisville for the annual Ohio River Clash. Louisville also wants VPI. UVa or BC will be their third team.
If anyone gets Miami out of the NE I think it will be BC unfortunately. I’d give up a kidney to get Miami.

If anyone gets Miami out of the NE I think it will be BC unfortunately. I’d give up a kidney to get Miami.
Miami-FSU is a given. I also think Miami-VT is a given. Miami will want an annual rival located in the northeast. It might not be BC.

Trailer trash school; plus, zero help to us in recruiting region. We need to play games in DMV, Carolinas, and Florida. Not in Kentucky.
I see Louisville as the city of the Kentucky Derby that is right on the Ohio, just across the river from IN and not very far from Cincinnati.

I see Louisville as the city of the Kentucky Derby that is right on the Ohio, just across the river from IN and not very far from Cincinnati.
All of that is true. But, we get zero players from the Commonwealth. And, not really getting any Ohio kids, because we happen to play in an adjacent state every other year.

What is so bad about Louisville?
We beat them once a decade even though they are usually crappy to average most years and there isn’t any juice playing them. Give me Miami or VPI.

Anyone who thinks our 3 will be any teams other than Pitt, BC, and Louisville is just engaged in wishful thinking.

I will be stunned if our trio of annual games is anything other than this.

I do not think Louisville wants SU, and vice versa. There are a lot of other options for them. That being said they likely get last choice which really is the only reason why SU is even a possibility.

And we are assuming 3+5/5. IMO 4+ works better even though it is not "even." You still get every team 4x every 9 seasons. Much better than 2x over 12 seasons. And you get to keep everyone happy with their yearly rivalries. Wake playing UNC every other year is better than the current setup, but it isn't as good as playing each other every year.

I do not think Louisville wants SU, and vice versa. There are a lot of other options for them. That being said they likely get last choice which really is the only reason why SU is even a possibility.

And we are assuming 3+5/5. IMO 4+ works better even though it is not "even." You still get every team 4x every 9 seasons. Much better than 2x over 12 seasons. And you get to keep everyone happy with their yearly rivalries. Wake playing UNC every other year is better than the current setup, but it isn't as good as playing each other every year.
For Wake, it definitely is better to play both UNC and NCSU annually. It is not better for UNC football to play Wake annually. Wake half the time is enough.

From your lips...

This would be phenomenal and absolutely ideal. Bring back the ole Cuse Miami games.

Make it so

If Miami gets a choice it will be Syracuse, we at least have a history, and presence in New York City.

The games are in Syracuse which is a hike from NYC. We have only played Miami 23x, pretty much 1990-2003. We have played them once in the last 20 seasons. That's not much of a history. Miami has played FSU, Pitt, VA Tech, BC, GA Tech, UNC all more than they have played SU. So why would we sneak into their Top 3?