Big day for Oswego basketball and hockey today | Syracusefan.com

Big day for Oswego basketball and hockey today

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Today is a big day for both teams up in Oswego. The basketball team, winners of 22 straight, face off at home at 5:45 pm vs John Carroll in the D3 round of 32. Win today and move onto the Sweet Sixteen.

The hockey team, regular season SUNYAC champions, play at 7 pm, also at home vs arch-rival Plattsburgh, in the championship game of the SUNYAC tournament, with the winner advancing to the D3 playoffs. Oswego has already beaten Plattsburgh 2 out of 3 this season.

It's a great time for the major sports at O State. Throw baseball in and you have basketball, baseball, and hockey making the NCAA's more often than not. Amazing job by Coach Leone. Let's not forget Kevin Broderick out of Fulton who originally got the program back on track many years ago. It would be nice to see a major renovation at Laker Hall sometime soon. The same day Leo Rautins had the tip in for us to beat Villanova in triple OT in the dome, Oswego lost the SUNYAC Champinship game to Plattsburgh. We were ahead by two going to the third period and Plattsburgh came back and won by a goal in the end. I've never left a more sad and quiet Romney Field House.

Last edited:
It's a great time for the major sports at O State. Throw baseball in and you have basketball, baseball, and hockey making the NCAA's more often than not. Amazing job by Coach Leone. Let's not forget Kevin Broderick out of Fulton who originally got the program back on track many years ago. It would be nice to see a major renovation at Laker Hall sometime soon.
I haven't been in Laker Hall in over 40 years since graduation, but I worked there my first two years up there. So, I don't know the condition of it, but at least they have done something for the hockey team.

The gym is still nice. The exterior of the building, sidewalks, etc. are pretty much the same as you remember it 40 years ago.

‘13 alum checking in. Nice to see them doing well.

Townie from a long time back. I don’t have much time invested in the hoops program but rooting hard for the hockey team and the great Eddie Gosek tonight!

Townie from a long time back. I don’t have much time invested in the hoops program but rooting hard for the hockey team and the great Eddie Gosek tonight!
Basketball team won and moves on to the D3 Sweet Sixteen. Hockey team lost a tough one 2-1. Held scoreless until almost the very one.

Basketball team won and moves on to the D3 Sweet Sixteen. Hockey team lost a tough one 2-1. Held scoreless until almost the very one.

Yeah, I watched the game. Exciting but disappointing at home.

Just watched the game. Randolpg-Macon was the defending champion and the overall #1 ranked D3 team. And as the tweet said, Oswego also broke their home 64 game win streak.

One thing about Oswego is that they play a 2/3 Zone. I wonder why!!! Very nice. Go Lakers!!! Beat Wisconsin-Whitewater!!!

psi phi gamma 82. loved the games at laker and lee .
Played in Lee for our games. Very convenient heading to practices, games from my dorm - Hart Hall.

Oswego lost a close one today in the Elite Eight. They were down two to Wisc-Whitewater with ten seconds left and a guy from WW missed two FT's. Oswego's leading scorer drove to the hoop but the ball didn't go in. They finished with a record of 29-3.

Hopefully the baseball team has another great season and we can talk about their success.

Played in Lee for our games. Very convenient heading to practices, games from my dorm - Hart Hall.
i got stuck in riggs freshmen yr (late enrollee). was a lifeguard at the pool and flipped burgers at Cooper and Lakeside. some of the best basketball on campus was pickup at LEE. although mike deane played a mean 3 on 3 behind onandaga. we used to walk over to and watch the girls games. i remember cheering on a small guard named debbie something. some of the brothers at riggs used to call me pacman. i thought it was about scoring pts but later learned it stood for " pink ass caucasian. anyways always good times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom