Big East Officials and ND Not Happy | Syracusefan.com

Big East Officials and ND Not Happy

G

GoCuse44

Here is a quote from NJ.Com. I love the fact that the AD from Notre Dame even makes a comment when his school reaps the benefits of seperate television contract for football and then play hoops in the Big East.

"One person with knowledge of the Big East's thinking, who did not want to speak publicly on the topic said: "A lot of people in that that room (other Big East schools) are going to feel that Pittsburgh and Syracuse pulled a fast one. It's pretty clear they've been working with each other on this."

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick seemed to echo those sentiments in comments to a small group of reporters Saturday afternoon: "I probably had a lot of scenarios in mind and this was not one of them."

Honestly, I can understand where they're coming from. It does look like a "fast one." What should they have done instead though? Let everyone know they were unhappy like Texas A&M did. Their move has been a lot more painful than this one. In business, when you've got an idea you don't shout it from the rooftops, you get it done quickly and quietly behind the scenes. This was a business move, one that was done pretty seamlessly (thus far).

I feel for some of our Big East brethren, I really do. We've been in their shoes, and it sucks.

ND though can go piss up a rope.

Swarbrick is FOS. Its a calculated statement. ND has been actively engaged with what SU and Pity have been doing.

Sent from my DROIDX

Boo hoooo. They all would have done the same thing. Survival of the smartest

Here is a quote from NJ.Com. I love the fact that the AD from Notre Dame even makes a comment when his school reaps the benefits of seperate television contract for football and then play hoops in the Big East.

"One person with knowledge of the Big East's thinking, who did not want to speak publicly on the topic said: "A lot of people in that that room (other Big East schools) are going to feel that Pittsburgh and Syracuse pulled a fast one. It's pretty clear they've been working with each other on this."

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick seemed to echo those sentiments in comments to a small group of reporters Saturday afternoon: "I probably had a lot of scenarios in mind and this was not one of them."
ND gets what they deserve. If they were really committed to the BE they could have joined for football & been the cornerstone program to make the elague viable.

He had time to see this coming since he wasn't exactly spending time protecting the student body from the football team and coaching staff

Tough titties, ND and BE. Any one of the other BE schools would have done same move for ACC or any other of the big heavies (B1X, SEC, hell even PAC 12) that came calling.

And ND can not only piss up a rope, they can go in their hat.

ND's perfect landing spot for its' BB and Olympic Sports isn't so perfect anymore. Tough.

ND can go screw themselves if they don't like anything that happens.

After all, one can argue they are the root cause of it with the long-standing, lucrative TV deal.

we can likely say bye bye to our ND football series.

Oh well, those guys.

Well now UConn, Lville, WVU and Rutgers will all be looking to do the same thing. They may pretend to be interested in who the BE will bring on board but they are shopping themselves like crazy right now.

ND.

I feel for Lville, aced probably keep them out of the ACC and BIG? and UK will block like crazy in the SEC.

WVU could go SEC or ACC.

UConn could go ACC or BIG?(maybe)

Rutgers better hope that they tag along with UConn where ever they go.

The last time I checked, when we were open and honest about our intentions, that public disclosure was used against us. Virginia screwed us and we got stabbed in the back.

Anyone who is able to think with their brain and not their bruised ego can understand why Syracuse felt the need to make sure the deal was done before a word was breathed to a single soul outside of negotiations.

we can likely say bye bye to our ND football series.

Why?

ND wants games in the NYC area against BCS teams, and both UConn and Rutgers refused to play them in the Meadowlands.

No one cares about ND... except of course, ND. As for Butggers, I would rather they not follow along to the ACC. Having Uconn and possibly WV would be just fine, and maybe beneficial in the grand scheme of things.

05-sosad.gif

No one cares about ND... except of course, ND. As for Butggers, I would rather they not follow along to the ACC. Having Uconn and possibly WV would be just fine, and maybe beneficial in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed I'd rather have WVU. Rutgers only chance now that SU is in the ACC is to follow on UConn's coat tails to where ever they go. Rutgers by itself doesn't give any conference the NY market.

I think the Cuse can empathize with the left behind full BE members. As for ND they can pound salt.

The ND AD has some nerve saying anything. This guy has gotten everything he could possibly want out of the Big East and given up nothing in return. He should shut up and just worry about himself

I've been reading lots of comments & opinions & have to trust that its the right decision for SU, but am not feeling it yet. I live on the edge of ACC country and have never felt a connection to any of the traditional ACC schools. The really positive things for me are my proximity to ACC schools (3 within 2 hours and 4 others within 4 hours), SU will be on TV here a lot more than they had been, and I'll be able to get SU gear at all of the local stores. Basically, it'll be much easier for me to get to games and to wear orange. For me personally, that's a big plus.

The Big East's demise and the Big 12's demise are somewhat similar. They have allowed "special rules" for certain teams and that just creates turmoil. A league should always have every team following the same set of rules and therefore reaping the same rewards and losses. Once you give certain teams special benefits it just makes things unstable. ND has always been a key of keeping the BE unstable because of this. To a lesser degree the basketball only's as well. An ultimatum should have came back in '04 that you either sign up for the BE in all sports including FB or you leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom