Big East postseason honors.. | Syracusefan.com

Big East postseason honors..

Didn't see it posted yet, so admins please merge if I missed it.

http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/4...nnounces-2012-Postseason-Football-Honors.aspx

Strong over Marrone for Coach of the Year (co-with Flood).

What
A
Joke
Team All BE 1st or 2nd
Syracuse 5
Louisville 8
Cincinnati 8
Rutgers 8
Pittsburgh 6
Temple 7
USF 5
Connecticut 8

If you're tied for first place in the conference and tied for last place in players making 1st or 2nd team all Big East, either Marrone got robbed or some Syracuse players got robbed
images

Didn't see it posted yet, so admins please merge if I missed it.

http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/4...nnounces-2012-Postseason-Football-Honors.aspx

Strong over Marrone for Coach of the Year (co-with Flood).

What
A
Joke
Flood wouldn't be in my top 5. Had the most talent, had a great schedule, had everything going for him and completely blew it. If he was an airplace pilot, everyone would be dead.

Walter Stewart made 2nd team? He got injured in early October and missed the last 8 games for UC. Only played in one league game. Give Jay Bromley or Dion Goggins some recognition...someone who at least played the season.

Congratulations to the SU players who were selected. But what a bad job the coaches did.

Jerome Smith averaged 5.1 ypc. Jamison averaged 4.4...only 2 other starting RBs in the conference averaged less. That was an awful pick.

Sales finished the year 3rd in the BE in receptions and led the conference in TD receptions. How does he not even get 2nd team honors?

Hickey deserved 1st team honors, forget about 2nd team. Chibane and Trudo were right there too. How does Syracuse have by far the most dominant offense in the conference, playing by far the most difficult schedule, and only get one OL with post season honors?

That is it. I am done with this conference. Forever!

Random aside...

I know the family of the kid who won rookie of the year (Tyler Matakevich) really well. His sister used to babysit for me all the time. Amazed to see him do so well.

Team All BE 1st or 2nd
Syracuse 5
Louisville 8
Cincinnati 8
Rutgers 8
Pittsburgh 6
Temple 7
USF 5
Connecticut 8

If you're tied for first place in the conference and tied for last place in players making 1st or 2nd team all Big East, either Marrone got robbed or some Syracuse players got robbed
images

how does UConn tie for most guys on that list? they're 2-5!

the big east is so dumb. good riddance stupid conference

Team All BE 1st or 2nd
Syracuse 5
Louisville 8
Cincinnati 8
Rutgers 8
Pittsburgh 6
Temple 7
USF 5
Connecticut 8

How in the freakin' world does UConn get 8 players on the 1st and 2nd teams?

Flood wouldn't be in my top 5. Had the most talent, had a great schedule, had everything going for him and completely blew it. If he was an airplace pilot, everyone would be dead.

Walter Stewart made 2nd team? He got injured in early October and missed the last 8 games for UC. Only played in one league game. Give Jay Bromley or Dion Goggins some recognition...someone who at least played the season.

Congratulations to the SU players who were selected. But what a bad job the coaches did.

Jerome Smith averaged 5.1 ypc. Jamison averaged 4.4...only 2 other starting RBs in the conference averaged less. That was an awful pick.

Sales finished the year 3rd in the BE in receptions and led the conference in TD receptions. How does he not even get 2nd team honors?

Hickey deserved 1st team honors, forget about 2nd team. Chibane and Trudo were right there too. How does Syracuse have by far the most dominant offense in the conference, playing by far the most difficult schedule, and only get one OL with post season honors?

That is it. I am done with this conference. Forever!
Uconn has as many 1st and 2nd teamers on offense as we do.

Our offense was 48% better than their's in yards.

Flood? They lost to Kent St. and lost the conference championship by losing their last two games. That's ridiculous. I'm not saying Marrone has a claim. There isn't a coach in the conference that really deserves it.

Yeah, Flood is bad too. I figured they gave him points for being a first time coach and the whole thing not falling apart.

But Marrone's team was picked by these same experts to finish 7th at the beginning of the season.

Morons.

Can't wait to be gone.

One last screw job by Providence. Enjoy the unemployment line you deekheads.

Marcus Sales 4th in yards, 3rd in receptions, 3rd in touch downs but not in top 5?

Uconn has as many 1st and 2nd teamers on offense as we do.

Our offense was 48% better than their's in yards.

Surprised Pasqualoni wasn't one of the co-coaches of the year.

i hope some acc writer picks up on this stuff and publicizes the pettiness of these worthless big east dickholes

Surprised Pasqualoni wasn't one of the co-coaches of the year.
that would be a travesty. wait for it no way he should have to share that honor

i want to do a big east office lookalike thread. and i will be more tasteless than usual. that'll show em!

How can the league's most prolific offense only get 3 players on the 1st or 2nd teams?

Not advocating Marrone for COY but when you are picked to finish at the top and you do then big whoop about the coaching job. When you're picked to finish at the bottom and you win a share of the league championship then somebody has done a REALLY good job.

The selections defy logic.

Marcus Sales - 63 for 863 - 8 tds

How can the league's most prolific offense only get 3 players on the 1st or 2nd teams?

Not advocating Marrone for COY but when you are picked to finish at the top and you do then big whoop about the coaching job. When you're picked to finish at the bottom and you win a share of the league championship then somebody has done a REALLY good job.

The selections defy logic.

Marcus Sales - 63 for 863 - 8 tds
sure coleman had fewer yards but he did it on fewer catches

short passes for first downs and touchdowns are bad, you see

sure coleman had fewer yards but he did it on fewer catches

short passes for first downs and touchdowns are bad, you see

Agreed. He did have a 17 avg and it's not his fault Flood didn't throw it to him 200 times.

Agreed. He did have a 17 avg and it's not his fault Flood didn't throw it to him 200 times.
how the hell is devante parker 1st team? he has 38 catches

Marrone got absolutely screwed. How can you be picked 7th preseason, finish tied for first, win 5 out of your last 6 and beat the guy straight up (badly I might add) who ultimately won COY? Rutgers and L-ville were perceived to have way more talent than SU.