BIG NEWS ORANGE NATION! | Syracusefan.com

BIG NEWS ORANGE NATION!

CNYCentralCuse

Walk On
I'm proud to announce, in a special way to my favorite fellow SU fans here on the board that the stations of CNY Central have landed the ACC Network rights for the next 3 years in the Syracuse market.

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=911706#.UcIELaXD-M8

While I'm pretty busy with the news today, any questions you have for me please ask in this thread and I'll do my best to answer.

Long story short, the SU football and basketball games that don't land on ESPN, ESPN2 etc. Will be televised on one of our channels, usually NBC-3 or CW-6 (over the air broadcast stations, so everyone can watch)

To quote Arb, it's a great day...to be Orange (and work for this station)...speaking of Arb, maybe you can ask him why it's a 3 year deal :)

I'm proud to announce, in a special way to my favorite fellow SU fans here on the board that the stations of CNY Central have landed the ACC Network rights for the next 3 years in the Syracuse market.

While I'm pretty busy with the news today, any questions you have for me please ask in this thread and I'll do my best to answer.

Long story short, the SU football and basketball games that don't land on ESPN, ESPN2 etc. Will be televised on one of our channels, usually NBC-3 or CW-6 (over the air broadcast stations, so everyone can watch)

To quote Arb, it's a great day...to be Orange (and work for this station)...speaking of Arb, maybe you can ask him why it's a 3 year deal :)

What channels in Panama City, FL??

Nice! I assume the length of the contract means the ACC thinks it is going to take 3 years to get the ACC Network up and running. Or to be more precise, it is going to be at least 3 years before the ACC Network is up and running...

Nice! I assume the length of the contract means the ACC thinks it is going to take 3 years to get the ACC Network up and running. Or to be more precise, it is going to be at least 3 years before the ACC Network is up and running...
And if its sooner buying out the remaining season or two will be a drop in the bucket.

awesome news as I don't have time warner cable so whenever the ACCGOTW involved Syracuse in football,basketball or even lacrosse it was blacked out and I would have to find an online stream

awesome news as I don't have time warner cable so whenever the ACCGOTW involved Syracuse in football,basketball or even lacrosse it was blacked out and I would have to find an online stream

For us out of staters, this should be good news because none of the TWC games were on Directv, either through gameplan or otherwise. I suspect this makes it easier for Directv to carry any games on NBC network.

Will NBC and the other station broadcast in actual HD? Time Warner allegedly, but the actual quality for basketball and football games is a few notches below high definition.

Could be a nice step up.

Yes our stations broadcast in High Definition, and the games produced by Raycom, are in HD. We had the ACC rights the past couple years, and I'm not sure how many you guys caught of those games but Raycom has a very sharp picture, and nice look to their games that they produce.

(If you have TW, our new HD channels for those games are 1215 for NBC-3 and 1220 for CW-6

Yes our stations broadcast in High Definition, and the games produced by Raycom, are in HD. We had the ACC rights the past couple years, and I'm not sure how many you guys caught of those games but Raycom has a very sharp picture, and nice look to their games that they produce.

(If you have TW, our new HD channels for those games are 1215 for NBC-3 and 1220 for CW-6

Do any of the games stream online?

Should I finally bag Time Warner and go sign up for Verizon? Is this a sign?

and NYC's team??

does Syracuse still have that deal with SNY??

im pretty confident all the football games will make it to my cable, but im concerned about the hoop.

Guys that live outside Syracuse...the ACC is signing deals with both cable providers (exclusive broadcast rights to an area), RSNs, and also deals like what Syracuse received (Over The Air on CH 3 or CW6). What makes this awesome is you can get these games in HD if you invest in an antenna (and amplifier those living outside of about 25 miles).

The Fine Mess will be having HD TV at our tailgates this year.

For you guys in Akron, Rochester, Dallas, etc...you'll have to wait and see who gets the rights.

Knowing Niko...I'm sure Syracuse TV will do it up right.

BTW, my summer camp receives CH 3-1 (NBC), 3-2 (CW6) and 3-3 (24/7 Weather) the best of any Syracuse channels. Great news for me. Free ACC games in Sept and early October. BTW my camp is about 80 miles to the broadcast towers in Pompey. The picture comes in crystal clear in HD.

Question for Niko: Will these games be rebroadcasted either later on Saturday or midweek following?

Kaiser- every market has a specific "station" that won the rights. I'm not sure who that is NYC. I can tell you though that I believe MSG or SNY get the "regional" or other ACC games...football or hoops...I'm pretty sure you won't miss any (except ESPN 3 and things like that)

Niko does this deal mean that TW sports is shut out of televising SU sports next year? I am guessing that CW-6 will become the go to channel for most SU games not picked up by ESPN. I dont see CNY central using NBC-3 to broadcast SU vs Hobart on Tuesday night next April.

Do any of the games stream online?

yea, you know for those of us die hards that now live three time zones away?

Pardon my ignorance: I live in Syracuse. As it relates to this news, would it be better to have TWC or Direct TV?