Big Ten announces 2014 conference schedule | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten announces 2014 conference schedule

Wisconsin and Nebraska are going to be pissed. No Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State for either and both have to play Rutgers.
That is a horrible schedule for them, but good Maryland and Rutgers. Let's see how RU does having no easy games.

I agree with this: :rolling:

Poor Buttgers--where's Norfolk State when ya really need 'em?

I got RU at 4-4 at the best 1-7 at the worst. Only Indiana is a lock, but they should beat Penn State, and Maryland. Wisconsin will probably be for bowl eligibility.

Penn State at home- W
Michigan at home-L
@Ohio State-L
@Nebraska-L
Wisconsin at home-W
Indiana at home-W
@Michigan State-L
@Maryland- W

Eye on College FBall@EyeOnCFB 16m
Rutgers' 1st 5 B1G games: Penn St, Michigan, Ohio St, Nebraska, Wisconsin. Quite the housewarming.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...98/big-ten-announces-2014-conference-schedule

:rolling:

Their stadium is going to be at least 60% Michigan fans.

Michigan_Wolverines_Block_M.png

Wisconsin and Nebraska are going to be pissed. No Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State for either and both have to play Rutgers.
That is a horrible schedule for them, but good Maryland and Rutgers. Let's see how RU does having no easy games.

I have to figure Rutgers and Maryland got the best draws to help pound the Big Ten onto basic cable in those demos.

Nebraska home B1G schedule: Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue and Minnesota.

Wow. If I'm Nebraska, I'm pissed. They have no history with any of those schools and one of them is Rutgers.

Wow. If I'm Nebraska, I'm pissed. They have no history with any of those schools and one of them is Rutgers.

Yeah imagine the cost of cleaning and sanitizing that stadium after the butgers fans leave!!

Might put them in drivers seat for the Rose Bowl though. Only Syracuse fans would be pissed.

Here's their full 2014 schedule, except one opening"

aturday, August 30 - Additional opponent to be announced
Saturday, September 6 - Howard
Saturday, September 13 - Penn State
Saturday, September 20 - at Navy
Saturday, September 27 Tulane
Saturday, October 4 - Michigan
Saturday, October 11 - Idle
Saturday, October 18 - at Ohio State
Saturday, October 25 - at Nebraska
Saturday, November 1 - Wisconsin
Saturday, November 8 - Idle
Saturday, November 15 - Indiana
Saturday, November 22 - at Michigan State
Saturday, November 29 - at Maryland

Looks like the move to the B1G didn't sway their weak OCC scheduling. And many posters are predicting 5-0 by the time they get to Michigan.

I got RU at 4-4 at the best 1-7 at the worst. Only Indiana is a lock, but they should beat Penn State, and Maryland. Wisconsin will probably be for bowl eligibility.

Penn State at home- W
Michigan at home-L
@Ohio State-L
@Nebraska-L
Wisconsin at home-W
Indiana at home-W
@Michigan State-L
@Maryland- W

Not sure why you would think they 'should' beat Penn State or Maryland. Both are better teams and certainly better coached.

I have to figure Rutgers and Maryland got the best draws to help pound the Big Ten onto basic cable in those demos.
Great point, but I bet many of those games will be picked up by ESPN/ABC. The Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State ones will for sure, but maybe not Nebraska.

Not sure why you would think they 'should' beat Penn State or Maryland. Both are better teams and certainly better coached.
Penn State is going to get crippled with the lost scholarships. They survived last year because of their senior class, but 20 less scholarships it will be atleast till the end of the decade till they are back in the upper tier. Rutgers will be at home with a jazzed up crowd and should beat Penn State. Edsall lost to RU while at UConn it will continue while at Maryland. Rutgers will be a 4th place team in the B1G East, but a higher paid 4th place team.

I think a lot of the way their home schedule broke was to allow large state school alumni bases in NY and DC to see their schools play.

Here's their full 2014 schedule, except one opening"

aturday, August 30 - Additional opponent to be announced
Saturday, September 6 - Howard
Saturday, September 13 - Penn State
Saturday, September 20 - at Navy
Saturday, September 27 Tulane
Saturday, October 4 - Michigan
Saturday, October 11 - Idle
Saturday, October 18 - at Ohio State
Saturday, October 25 - at Nebraska
Saturday, November 1 - Wisconsin
Saturday, November 8 - Idle
Saturday, November 15 - Indiana
Saturday, November 22 - at Michigan State
Saturday, November 29 - at Maryland

Looks like the move to the B1G didn't sway their weak OCC scheduling. And many posters are predicting 5-0 by the time they get to Michigan.

Its Rutgers, I can easily see them losing to Navy and Penn State despite the scholarship issues. There offense will be a disaster in 2014, Coleman will be gone and god only knows who the QB will be.

Might put them in drivers seat for the Rose Bowl though. Only Syracuse fans would be pissed.
Yeah Nebraska has plenty of fans that actually go to see Nebraska play.

I heard the other day that Rutgers charges a $500 "athletics fee" every semester to every student. First I've heard of this. Lol

Penn State is going to get crippled with the lost scholarships. They survived last year because of their senior class, but 20 less scholarships it will be atleast till the end of the decade till they are back in the upper tier. Rutgers will be at home with a jazzed up crowd and should beat Penn State. Edsall lost to RU while at UConn it will continue while at Maryland. Rutgers will be a 4th place team in the B1G East, but a higher paid 4th place team.

Its still Rutgers were talking about here, the same RU team that got taken behind the woodshed by a MAC team last year when they were undefeated. The same RU team who got blown out by one of the worst Pitt teams this decade. Rutgers is going to get killed in the Big 10, they dont have near enough talent to stay with the Big 10 medium echelon teams less Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin. Its going to be UGLY. Not to mention the fact there recruitign has fallen apart since Schiano left, see there board over at R ivals theres a number of posters complaining how bad Flood is recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom