Big ups to Dome medical staff. | Syracusefan.com

Big ups to Dome medical staff.

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Took my girl plus 8 family and friends from home to the Dome Saturday for the BC game. As soon as I get everyone into their seats and sit down myself, all hell broke loose. All of a sudden I got super hot, sweaty. Crazy itchy. I legit thought I was going to itch my scalp off. I thought someone gave me lice for a minute. My tongue started to swell, throat felt like it might be closing. Tried to sip some water, but it got stuck about a quarter way down my throat and came back up. I ignored it for a bit, but after the national anthem, my girl decided I wasn't in charge anymore. She helped me up the stairs and mentioned to an usher that I was having some sort of reaction and asked if anyone in the building had any Benadryl.

The usher made a call, and got me a chair. Within seconds someone in a suit was there, moved me out of the way off to the side. A minute later, about 8 medics and 5 other dome personnel were surrounding me, asking me questions, asking my girl questions. They tossed me in a wheelchair and carted me to the medic room. They gave me some meds, monitored me for a while and had me back in my seat for the second half.

I've never had a reaction like that before, might have been some sort of panic attack. I always assumed that we had some sort of medical staff in the dome, but it's great to know how fantastic they are. Kept me calm, cracked all sorts of jokes, we talked about Alaska for a while.

idk if you folks know anyone on the medic team, but if you do, give them a big thanks for me.

Took my girl plus 8 family and friends from home to the Dome Saturday for the BC game. As soon as I get everyone into their seats and sit down myself, all hell broke loose. All of a sudden I got super hot, sweaty. Crazy itchy. I legit thought I was going to itch my scalp off. I thought someone gave me lice for a minute. My tongue started to swell, throat felt like it might be closing. Tried to sip some water, but it got stuck about a quarter way down my throat and came back up. I ignored it for a bit, but after the national anthem, my girl decided I wasn't in charge anymore. She helped me up the stairs and mentioned to an usher that I was having some sort of reaction and asked if anyone in the building had any Benadryl.

The usher made a call, and got me a chair. Within seconds someone in a suit was there, moved me out of the way off to the side. A minute later, about 8 medics and 5 other dome personnel were surrounding me, asking me questions, asking my girl questions. They tossed me in a wheelchair and carted me to the medic room. They gave me some meds, monitored me for a while and had me back in my seat for the second half.

I've never had a reaction like that before, might have been some sort of panic attack. I always assumed that we had some sort of medical staff in the dome, but it's great to know how fantastic they are. Kept me calm, cracked all sorts of jokes, we talked about Alaska for a while.

idk if you folks know anyone on the medic team, but if you do, give them a big thanks for me.
Wow, crazy. Any idea what caused it? Glad you recovered and saw some of the game. I had a similar reaction once with a bee bite where my entire body turned red. Amazing how well Benadryl worked.

Phew glad you're OK. I hope I'm not a bad person for literally LOLing at "I thought someone gave me lice for a minute."

So glad to hear that you are fine - scary stuff. If you have a medical emergency, the dome is the best place to have it. They are awesome including the location near so many hospitals has saved many lives.

Whoa! I wondered what the wheel chair was all about in the photos I saw. Glad you're okay!

Glad you’re fine Adam. The dome medical staff is the best. As others have said, get to the bottom of it. Something caused the reaction.

Highly encourage allergist.

I went years with an undiagnosed allergy. Reactions can change and get worse over time. I went to allergist for shots for seasonal allergies.

They discovered a tree nut allergy too. I had been having some minor reactions but nothing major. But they can change and all it takes is one bad one (which I coincidentally got while doing aggressive immunotherapy for seasonal allergies - luckily they monitor you for that and shot me up with epinephrine). When you get bored of drinking, a shot of that will give you quite a thrill! Worked instantly though. Craziest feeling.

Haven’t had to use Epi pen since but am careful to avoid tree nuts, which I never really liked anyways. My body was self consciously telling me that.

Luckily I wasn’t allergic to peanuts, which are a legume (as I learned then).

Don’t worry, this team causes a lot of panic attacks. It’s the new normal attending SU games. I’m glad everything worked out for you.
Not just Cuse, panic and close games are what makes college hoops so great. I love it so much more than NBA

Scary stuff. Happened to me just like you described on a long plane flight early in the morning soon after racing to change planes in Rejavek. Broke into a sweat as they were serving pizza for breakfast; got up to go to the bathroom and woke up on my back in the front of the plane with a beautiful Icelandic flight attendant/nurse holding my ankles up in the air and another feeding me OJ through a straw. Very embarrassing.

Scary stuff. Happened to me just like you described on a long plane flight early in the morning soon after racing to change planes in Rejavek. Broke into a sweat as they were serving pizza for breakfast; got up to go to the bathroom and woke up on my back in the front of the plane with a beautiful Icelandic flight attendant/nurse holding my ankles up in the air and another feeding me OJ through a straw. Very embarrassing.
Sounds like a delightful ending

Not to come off as insensitive, but you don't carry an EpiPen? Reads as if something you may have consumed earlier caused a violent reaction.

I've honestly never had a reason to. I've never been allergic to ANYTHING (though I tell people I'm allergic to pickles so they keep that crap off my plate).
I'll head to the ol doc when I get back home next week, see what's up.

Sounds like a delightful ending
Afterwards, I wrote to the airline to commend her. I regret not knowing how to contact her so as to send a decent gratuity. The airline is now out of business so she must have lost her job.
The airline was based in Iceland. It was named WOW, had a fleet of all new planes. Serving pizza for breakfast? Who does that?

Some people get all the luck.

I've honestly never had a reason to. I've never been allergic to ANYTHING (though I tell people I'm allergic to pickles so they keep that crap off my plate).
I'll head to the ol doc when I get back home next week, see what's up.
Adam, that was NOT a panic attack, as you now know. It is a very uncomfortable moment when you realize that after decades of absolutely no problem: problem. I hope you find out what it is, pronto! And taking 8 family members to the game - wow! That is stellar.

And we actually won! Bonus.

Don’t worry, this team causes a lot of panic attacks. It’s the new normal attending SU games.
I doubt any of us are panicking. To panic you have to feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom