Bilas- The only one that could stop Cooney is... | Syracusefan.com

Bilas- The only one that could stop Cooney is...

BludOrange

All Conference
Bilas said after Cooney's 7th 3 that the only one that might be able to stop Trevor Cooney, is Jeff Gillooly.

Other then his shots at his co-workers, that may be the funniest thing I've heard him say.

Last edited:
Bilas said after Cooney's 7th 3 that the only one that might be able to stop Trevor Cooney, is Jeff Gillooly.

Other then his shots at his co-workers, that may be the funniest thing I've heard him say.

Agreed! Of course watching that video would likely going to take the humor out of it, but is also the funniest thing I've ever heard out of Bilas. I'm sure a lot of people missed the reference and I completely forgot about the joke until you mentioned it, so bravo my friend!

Oddly, I am pretty sure I've seen Gillooly's name in the last few days, and likely on here being this is where I spend most of my internet time lately. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I just found out ESPN recently did one of their 30 for 30 things on that story. Regardless, I still found it funny, if not quite as clever in retrospect.

I really like Jay Bilas, so I'm not knocking him, but if the best he could do is a reference from 1994, he needs to step up his game. That joke is almost old enough to drink and has had its license for 4 years now.

I really like Jay Bilas, so I'm not knocking him, but if the best he could do is a reference from 1994, he needs to step up his game. That joke is almost old enough to drink and has had its license for 4 years now.

That was my take on it as well.

McDonough agreed with you, he didn't respond at all.

I thought it was pretty funny. Had not heard that name in forever but knew exactly who he was talking about.

I would have went with Shabazz Napier. He would have stopped passing him the ball and wanted more shots and glory himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom