Bill Polian - Best Picks of the Draft | Syracusefan.com

Bill Polian - Best Picks of the Draft

OrangeTown

All Conference
Nassib #1:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...-nfl-draft-ryan-nassib-bill-polian-best-picks

Snippet on Nassib:

"In reviewing my favorite picks from the 2013 draft, that's a factor I keep at the top of my mind. And it's a big reason I think that the New York Giants landed a tremendous asset by taking Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib.

As I mentioned before the draft, there were no quarterbacks that I believed warranted an early selection. But that doesn't mean the position is devoid of talent. Just that these prospects need time to develop and make use of some of their tools and ability. With Nassib, he's going to get precisely that.

Playing behind Eli Manning, there will be no rush in his development. He can sit back, watch and learn, all while providing the Giants with a terrific safety net in the event of an injury to Eli and perhaps even proving to be Manning's successor.

By Nassib's third year in the pros, Manning will be 35, an age at which statistics have shown QBs usually start to break down physically. Their skills may not have diminished, but the accumulation of the punishment they've endured starts to take its toll and injury becomes far more common. By the time that starts to impact Eli, Nassib should be experienced to the point where the Giants will feel comfortable inserting him into a game and still feeling they have better than a 50-percent chance to win.

It may have seemed like a strange pick because quarterback isn't an immediate need for the Giants. But this pick was made with the long view in mind. And I think it was a very savvy selection. "

Nassib #1:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...-nfl-draft-ryan-nassib-bill-polian-best-picks

Snippet on Nassib:

"In reviewing my favorite picks from the 2013 draft, that's a factor I keep at the top of my mind. And it's a big reason I think that the New York Giants landed a tremendous asset by taking Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib.

As I mentioned before the draft, there were no quarterbacks that I believed warranted an early selection. But that doesn't mean the position is devoid of talent. Just that these prospects need time to develop and make use of some of their tools and ability. With Nassib, he's going to get precisely that.

Playing behind Eli Manning, there will be no rush in his development. He can sit back, watch and learn, all while providing the Giants with a terrific safety net in the event of an injury to Eli and perhaps even proving to be Manning's successor.

By Nassib's third year in the pros, Manning will be 35, an age at which statistics have shown QBs usually start to break down physically. Their skills may not have diminished, but the accumulation of the punishment they've endured starts to take its toll and injury becomes far more common. By the time that starts to impact Eli, Nassib should be experienced to the point where the Giants will feel comfortable inserting him into a game and still feeling they have better than a 50-percent chance to win.

It may have seemed like a strange pick because quarterback isn't an immediate need for the Giants. But this pick was made with the long view in mind. And I think it was a very savvy selection. "

i love polian for what he did for the bills

but a lot of this stuff just sounds like junk to me. i'm not even talking about nassib specifically

a 4th round qb is a tremendous asset because his team should feel like they have a better than 50 percent chance to win if they need to insert him into a game in three years?

a guy you hope can develop into a guy who help your team be average is not a tremendous asset. you could say that about anybody.

i'm not putting down nassib here, i'm putting down polian.

i love polian for what he did for the bills

but a lot of this stuff just sounds like junk to me. i'm not even talking about nassib specifically

a 4th round qb is a tremendous asset because his team should feel like they have a better than 50 percent chance to win if they need to insert him into a game in three years?

a guy you hope can develop into a guy who help your team be average is not a tremendous asset. you could say that about anybody.

i'm not putting down nassib here, i'm putting down polian.

No, he said he was a good value at that spot in the draft; not that ANY 4th round QB is an asset. He was projected as a 1st or 2nd round pick and wound up in the 4th round. That's why. You could say the same thing about Barkley.

And why is that?
Using his position on the competition committee to get the illegal contact rule put in after the Pats muscled them out of the playoffs. Then, after the rule to move the umpire behind the offense instead of the defense for safety, he threw a bitch fit because the Colts couldn't snap the ball quick enough. Not to mention piping sound into their building, etc.

Using his position on the competition committee to get the illegal contact rule put in after the Pats muscled them out of the playoffs. Then, after the rule to move the umpire behind the offense instead of the defense for safety, he threw a bitch fit because the Colts couldn't snap the ball quick enough. Not to mention piping sound into their building, etc.

Yeah, cause Belichek would never do those things to try to win ;).

So the illegal contact rule is a bad rule? And BB has never done anything unscrupulous in order to win, correct?

So the illegal contact rule is a bad rule? And BB has never done anything unscrupulous in order to win, correct?
never said it was a bad rule. it was just the manner in which it was done. wasn't comparing him to BB either. I just said he was a clown.

never said it was a bad rule. it was just the manner in which it was done. wasn't comparing him to BB either. I just said he was a clown.

Well clown or not, I'd love to have him running my team again, especially after seeing what other incompetent GM's have done since he left

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom