Bills agree to terms with undrafted free agent Zach Chibane | Syracusefan.com

Bills agree to terms with undrafted free agent Zach Chibane

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Curse that Doug Marrone.

Sorry if already posted.

The GM made that critical personnel acquisition for Marrone.

But seriously... Macky is going to be in a Bills uniform some day.

The Bills had a FANTASTIC draft. Not only that, they just picked up Da'Rick (spelling?) Rogers in FA. Guy is a stud.

This must be the absolute first Syracuse football player brought in by the Bills!
Oh wait, he isn't???

This whole Bills v. SU is the most ridiculous thing in the entire world.

Russ Brandon, The CEO of the Bills (now runs the franchise) sits on a board at SU and is from Syracuse! He has Basketball season tickets!!!

They don't hate Syracuse, if they did they wouldn't have hired Doug Marrone.

All the people who are angry at Doug need to get over that he left. An NFL job is better than an ACC job. Yes, he took HIS assistant coaches, he brought those guys in and lets not forget THEY wanted to leave with him. You can not blame him for taking his guys to his new job. I know if I got a new job that I would want someone that I can trust.

As fas as the players are concerned, he has the duty to pick the best players for his team. If you are angry they didn't take Nassib or Shamarko you don't understand the business. His feelings can't get in the way of taking the best players. You know it was hard on him to pass. But he had to, Lets be honest, EJ Manuel > Ryan Nassib.

Lets not all forget that the Doug, the most hated man EVER, brought in everyone's hero Shafer. He would not be here without Doug.

If you do not think we will miss Doug's ability to coach, then you are nuts. The guy is a wonderful O-Line coach, one of the best in football. I am seriously concerned about that unit this year. He is also a master organizer and CEO.

If you don't give the man credit than you are blind. THIS PROGRAM WAS THE WORST. He won two bowl games and improved basically everything about the program.

I beg all of you haters to see reason. The man took a better job and took his staff who he trusts and had a duty to allow his GM to take players that were better than his former ones. What is so wrong about that?

SU Football is ok, and a hell of a lot better because Doug Marrone was the coach here. So I say THANK YOU for all you did for SU Football and good luck with the Bills.

OrangeBlopost: 634081 said:
This whole Bills SU is the most ridiculous thing in the entire world.

Russ Brann The CEO of the Bills (now runs the franchise) sits on a board at SU and is from Syracuse! He has Basketball season tickets!!!

All the people who are angry at Doug need to get over that he left. An NFL job is better than an ACC job. Yes, he took HIS assistant coaches, he brought those guys in and lets not forgeEspeciallY wanted to leave with him. You can not blame him for taking his guys to his new job. I know if I got a new job that I would want someone that I can trust.

As fas as the players are concerned, he has the duty to pick the best players for his team. If you are angry they didn't take Nassib or Shamarko you don't understand the business. His feelings can't get in the way of taking the best players. You know it was hard on him to pass. But he had to, Lets be honest, EJ Manuel > Ryan Nassib.

Lets not all forget that the Doug, the most hated man EVER, brought in everyone's hero Shafer. He would not be here without Doug.

If you do not think we will miss Doug's ability to coach, then you are nuts. The guy is a wonderful O-Line coach, one of the best in football. I am seriously concerned about that unit this year. He is also a master organizer and CEO.

If you don't give the man credit than you are blind. THIS PROGRAM WAS THE WORST. He won two bowl games and improved basically everything about the program.

I beg all of you haters to see reason. The man took a better job and took his staff who he trusts and had a duty to allow his GM to take players that were better than his former ones. What is so wrong about that?

SU Football is ok, and a hell of a lot better because Doug Marrone was the coach here. So I say THANK YOU for all you did for SU Football and good luck with the Bills.

Russ officially took charge as of January 1st 2013, so hopefully this will prove beneficial for SU. Already signs of that being the case, well losing our coach can't be categorized as "beneficial...":)

Dougie is one hellava OL coach, that will be missed, no question...

What sticks maybe most in my craw is he may have gotten up one morning and thought to himself, man I have to build a NFL coaching staff... Now, was he too lazy to push some buttons and more his lips to build a proper staff? Whereby just taking the easy route by raping SU's remaining coaching staff... Hey, maybe those coaches came to him and pleaded for positions in Buffalo, who knows... But initially, most of the coaches were supposed to stay, excluding Hackett. For Syracuse, it's a difficult enough proposition to maintain the continuity of your program while losing your HC, without losing almost the entirety of the remaining coaching staff to boot... Especially when entering a new and more daunting conference.

A vast majority of this Cuse v. Bills diatribe deals with past grievances over a period of 40 years... Does the concept of time as a variable register with everyone? Maybe it doesn't...

Perhaps with new leadership, the Bills will reach out to Syracuse the city and the institution...
Something that should have been all along...

Russ officially took charge as of January 1st 2013, so hopefully this will prove beneficial for SU. Already signs of that being the case, well losing our coach can't be categorized as "beneficial...":)

Dougie is one hellava OL coach, that will be missed, no question...

What sticks maybe most in my craw is he may have gotten up one morning and thought to himself, man I have to build a NFL coaching staff... Now, was he too lazy to push some buttons and more his lips to build a proper staff? Wereby just taking the easy route by raping SU's remaining coaching staff... Hey, maybe those coaches came to him and pleaded for positions in Buffalo, who knows... But initially, most of the coaches were supposed to stay, excluding Hackett. For Syracuse, it's a difficult enough proposition to maintain the continuity of your program while losing your HC, without losing almost the entirety of the remaining coaching staff to boot... Especially when entering a new and more daunting conference.

A vast majority of this Cuse v. Bills diatribe deals with past grievances over a period of 40 years... Does the concept of time as a variable register with everyone? Maybe it doesn't...

Perhaps with new leadership, the Bills will reach out to Syracuse the city and the institution...
Something that should have been all along...

I have no idea what happened in the past between SU and the Bills. But I know that it couldn't have been that bad in 79 when SU played home games at Rich Stadium.

After or before that I honestly don't know.

I just want everyone to move on, thank Doug and wish him well and not analyze every detail ever and hate on it.

I have no idea what happened in the past between SU and the Bills. But I know that it couldn't have been that bad in 79 when SU played home games at Rich Stadium.

After or before that I honestly don't know.

I just want everyone to move on, thank Doug and wish him well and not analyze every detail ever and hate on it.
Agree with you, even I'm ready to move on from this discussion line...:)
Ok, last point; if I disliked someone, whether they know of this or not, and they wanted to pay me for the use of one of my assets, I would happily take their cash...:) Can't imagine that the Bills lent Rich Stadium to Cuse gratis?:)

Russ Brandon, The CEO of the Bills (now runs the franchise) sits on a board at SU and is from Syracuse! He has Basketball season tickets!!!

All the people who are angry at Doug need to get over that he left. An NFL job is better than an ACC job. Yes, he took HIS assistant coaches, he brought those guys in and lets not forget THEY wanted to leave with him. You can not blame him for taking his guys to his new job. I know if I got a new job that I would want someone that I can trust.

I'm GoHamSU, and I approve this message.

What sticks maybe most in my craw is he may have gotten up one morning and thought to himself, man I have to build a NFL coaching staff... Now, was he too lazy to push some buttons and more his lips to build a proper staff? Whereby just taking the easy route by raping SU's remaining coaching staff... Hey, maybe those coaches came to him and pleaded for positions in Buffalo, who knows... But initially, most of the coaches were supposed to stay, excluding Hackett. For Syracuse, it's a difficult enough proposition to maintain the continuity of your program while losing your HC, without losing almost the entirety of the remaining coaching staff to boot... Especially when entering a new and more daunting conference.

A couple comments here:

1) Doug just jumped into a market where a coach can be fired in one year. Literally one year. He took the guys he thinks can best help him have success (and, of course, were available and willing to go to Buffalo). This idea that he somehow should have been worried about what SU was going to do to replace position coaches when he could be (and still might be) in the unemployment line by January is incredibly naive. I have no idea if it's a good NFL staff or not, but it's the best DM thought he could do.

2) The days of significant continuity on coaching staffs is over. You may get a nice run of 3 or 4 years without much turnover, but generally there are a few coaches replaced at every school every year. The reality is if you are a good position coach (or perceived to be good), you move onward and upward. If you are a not good position coach (or perceived to be not good), then get replaced.

3) How does someone who shares your viewpoint of the dire straights in which DM left the program reconcile with the fact that Shafer quickly went out and lined up a staff many (rightly or wrongly) believe is as good or better than the previous staff? I mean couldn't DM have known that Shafer was a veteran coach in his own right who had plenty of connections and may have wanted to build is own staff regardless? And even if he didn't, there was a pretty big bump in assistant coach $$ allocation which I have to believe had something to do with the fact that DM left. Honestly, DM leaving and taking his staff could end up being a good thing for the university (b/c they had to face a harsh reality, not b/c DM and co. were bad coaches).

You sir, deserve this:

gold-star-2-1.jpg

Damn Bills.

HEY...when was the last time the Calgary Stampede used Syracuse players?????!!! WE ARE SO CLOSE TO CANADA!