Bills vs Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Bills vs Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
All this complaining about Marrone and subsequent hate for the Bills has my head spinning. Its such an odd place for us Bills/Cuse fans to be in. So many of you haters sound like little brats crying because they didn't get their way. Its really kind of pathetic from a Bills fan point if view.

Marrone took a better job. Yes the have been bad for a long time but I'm sorry. NFL football trumps Syracuse football for a career move. GET OVER IT! Its really tiresome. If Marrone were to sneeze some of you would be all over him. "Ha! He sneezed, what was he to good to sneeze at Syracuse?". "Was it a signal to the GM of Jacksonville to never draft a "Cuse player?"

Marrone is gone, should you not be a Bills fan just move on to supporting your NFL team and of course Cuse and let it go.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

It remains sad that FHCDM fell out of love with his dream job, but he's still representing SU as an alum and our former head coach.
Not to mention that we owe him thanks for pulling the program out of the depths. We're on good footing now and we shouldn't be whining like a sophomore whose girlfriend just dumped him.

For me, if Alec goes undrafted AND Bills do not ask him to their training camp, something is not right...
You can't tell me that there hasn't been a Syracuse player worthy of being even a 3rd string special teamer over the last 40yrs... We are their local college team for Christ's sake...

For me, if Alec goes undrafted AND Bills do not ask him to their training camp, something is not right...
You can't tell me that there hasn't been a Syracuse player worthy of being a 3rd string special teamer over the last 40yrs... We are their local college team for Christ's sake...
Giants will probably pick him up just Iike they did Spotwood and Tyree.

All this complaining about Marrone and subsequent hate for the Bills has my head spinning. Its such an odd place for us Bills/Cuse fans to be in. So many of you haters sound like little brats crying because they didn't get their way. Its really kind of pathetic from a Bills fan point if view.

Marrone took a better job. Yes the have been bad for a long time but I'm sorry. NFL football trumps Syracuse football for a career move. GET OVER IT! Its really tiresome. If Marrone were to sneeze some of you would be all over him. "Ha! He sneezed, what was he to good to sneeze at Syracuse?". "Was it a signal to the GM of Jacksonville to never draft a "Cuse player?"

Marrone is gone, should you not be a Bills fan just move on to supporting your NFL team and of course Cuse and let it go.

you are way off base with you entire post.

almost every word is wrong.

You can't tell me that there hasn't been a Syracuse player worthy of being even a 3rd string special teamer over the last 40yrs... We are their local college team for Christ's sake...

I would think that UB is their local college team, unless I'm mistaken and they are the Syracuse Bills.

I would think that UB is their local college team, unless I'm mistaken and they are the Syracuse Bills.
Sorry, I forgot about SUNY and Canisius too...:)
Two "Div 1A" football programs in the Empire State, and we are closer to Buffalo than the Black Nights of the Hudson...

As a university at Buffalo student...

I am beyond pissed off. I'll attend the Dolphins Bills game of course...but really REALLY.

Make no mistake, UB is very orange.

Indulge me

For the last time - it is not that he left us. That is clear and everyone says it. It is beyond stupid that it has to be explained again. Not 1 person says anything different. Nobody thinks that the syracuse job is a bigger job than the bills job. Literally not 1 person in the entire world, let alone on this forum.

Its how he left us. PERIOD. So right from the start your post is wrong about the fan base.

Onto Nassib, ill copy and paste what I wrote earlier:

To sum it up, he didn't owe Nassib the 16th draft pick... but he owed him a heckuva a lot more than being his college coach who tricked everyone into thinking he was going to take his former pupil, then drafting someone totally random, then not even acknowledging Nassib by name in post 1st round interviews. He could have at least taken the opportunity to sell Nassib to other teams. Instead he did the exact opposite - scared teams into wondering why he wanted nothing to do with him.

He basically did the same thing to #shamarko in taking a totally random guy over him. It's 1 thing to do it once - it looks VERY odd to do it twice. We are talking about 2 players who were overwhelmingly the consensus better player than the 1 that Marrone took.

You can get on your high horse and chastise the fan base all you want. But every point you are making is wrong. There is nothing wrong with losing respect for Marrone. I have lost a ton of it. But they are all from different reasons than your post. And they are all pretty legit IMO

Ahhhh so Marrone is "tricking" people and "owes" people. Sounds to me sir like you are just the type of person my post described. IMO

For the last time - it is not that he left us. That is clear and everyone says it. It is beyond stupid that it has to be explained again. Not 1 person says anything different. Nobody thinks that the syracuse job is a bigger job than the bills job. Literally not 1 person in the entire world, let alone on this forum.

Its how he left us. PERIOD. So right from the start your post is wrong about the fan base.

To sum it up, he didn't owe Nassib the 16th draft pick... but he owed him a heckuva a lot more than being his college coach who tricked everyone into thinking he was going to take his former pupil, then drafting someone totally random, then not even acknowledging Nassib by name in post 1st round interviews. He could have at least taken the opportunity to sell Nassib to other teams. Instead he did the exact opposite - scared teams into wondering why he wanted nothing to do with him.

He basically did the same thing to #shamarko in taking a totally random guy over him. It's 1 thing to do it once - it looks VERY odd to do it twice. We are talking about 2 players who were overwhelmingly the consensus better player than the 1 that Marrone took.

You can get on your high horse and chastise the fan base all you want. But every point you are making is wrong. There is nothing wrong with losing respect for Marrone. I have lost a ton of it. But they are all from different reasons than your post. And they are all pretty legit IMO

I get the stuff about how he left, but the rest is wrong.

The Bills took who they thought was the best QB in the draft, and they reached on him. Marrone didn't hint at drafting Nassib at 8. The media kept pushing that idea on everyone, and the sources coming out of the Bills camp was that the Bills were higher on both Manuel and Barkley than they were Nassib. Nassib apparently hinted on the radio in Buffalo that the Bills weren't really all that interested in him. If people had been reading between the lines, they would have had no clue who the Bills actually liked.

And regarding Thomas, I was a little shocked they didn't go for him either, but apparently the safety that they got talent wise was like a 2nd round talent but he fell because he's been suspended a few times. I guess the Bills felt they'd rather take that guy than a guy with injury history.

This is issues is easy to me. HCDM took an nfl job, congrats. The nfl is a business, the new coach and his organization can build the team any way they want. I am an nfl customer, I also have rights. I can choose to root and spend my disposable income on any nfl team that I want. I will not watch or care about the Bills because they don't have players that I support.

The Bills took who they thought was the best QB in the draft, and they reached on him. Marrone didn't hint at drafting Nassib at 8. The media kept pushing that idea on everyone, and the sources coming out of the Bills camp was that the Bills were higher on both Manuel and Barkley than they were Nassib. Nassib apparently hinted on the radio in Buffalo that the Bills weren't really all that interested in him. If people had been reading between the lines, they would have had no clue who the Bills actually liked.

And regarding Thomas, I was a little shocked they didn't go for him either, but apparently the safety that they got talent wise was like a 2nd round talent but he fell because he's been suspended a few times. I guess the Bills felt they'd rather take that guy than a guy with injury history.

That pretty much sums it up.

Thats fine... but that is a tiny piece of what I said. And it still doesnt change the fact that he didn't refer to him by name in a national interview. Sorry, that completely rubbed me the wrong way. Even if he apologized for it after the fact - it was such a douche bag move I have lost a ton of respect for him that he will never earn back.

and... he still owed Nassib at least a sales pitch for him. Business is business is fine - you dont have to draft him. But if you arent going to protect him or help him... Wow, that speaks volumes of his character to me.

Thats fine... but that is a tiny piece of what I said. And it still doesnt change the fact that he didn't refer to him by name in a national interview. Sorry, that completely rubbed me the wrong way. Even if he apologized for it after the fact - it was such a douche bag move I have lost a ton of respect for him that he will never earn back.

I didn't see that interview. What happened? They asked him about Nassib and he just blew it off?

For all we know, Marrone could have wanted to take both Nassib and Shamarko in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. What you have to realize is that who get's selected by the Bills is not 100% Marrone's decision. Marrone is not the organization, and does not have total control over player personnel. Sure he has an opinion and a voice, but at the end of the day when the Bills are on the clock the choice is between Nix/Whaley, the scouts, and then the coaching staff.

And further more... Marrone gave Nassib and Shamarko Thomas a FREE scholarship to Syracuse to afford them the opportunity to develop into a draftable NFL player. I would say that that's doing a great deal for them! While not being the wbhole reason they even got drafted in the first place, Marrone is a pretty big reason as to why these guys will now be playing out their NFL dreams!

Giants will probably pick him up just Iike they did Spotwood and Tyree.
Tyree was specifically DRAFTED by Fassel for his special teams.

For all we know, Marrone could have wanted to take both Nassib and Shamarko in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. What you have to realize is that who get's selected by the Bills is not 100% Marrone's decision. Marrone is not the organization, and does not have total control over player personnel. Sure he has an opinion and a voice, but at the end of the day when the Bills are on the clock the choice is between Nix/Whaley, the scouts, and then the coaching staff.

And further more... Marrone gave Nassib and Shamarko Thomas a FREE scholarship to Syracuse to afford them the opportunity to develop into a draftable NFL player. I would say that that's doing a great deal for them! While not being the wbhole reason they even got drafted in the first place, Marrone is a pretty big reason as to why these guys will now be playing out their NFL dreams!

1st paragraph - that has NOTHING to do with him not referring to him by name or somewhat selling him in the public.

2nd paragraph - you do realize that nassib and shamarko are every bit the reason that marrone got the bills job, right?

again - as ive pretty clearly stated - not drafting them isn't a huge deal. just like going to the bills isn't a big deal. He simply shows very little character in how he does those things.

Nassib's scholarship was offered to him by Goober. I don't feel like doing the research to see if Thomas was or not.

Also along this line, Marrone did a fantastic job developing Nassib. It's clear that he tried to prepare his players to be NFL players, whereas for example, the staff in Florida State just tried to coach Manuel to be the best college QB possible without worrying about developing him into an NFL-ready guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom