Billy Owens AAU Foundation - Legal Help Needed | Syracusefan.com

Billy Owens AAU Foundation - Legal Help Needed

poc44

Scout Team
Hi Guys,

I have been in contact with Billy Owens in helping him set-up his foundation to help kids in his area that he coaches that are less fortunate to be able to play on AAU teams and in tournaments etc. I have offered my assistance in helping him out to pay him back for all of the memories he gave me growing up watching him play. I was hoping to see if we had any board members that would be interested in donating their time to help on the legal side of things like setting this foundation up correctly as a non-profit. I am an accountant and a financial analyst so I have that side of things covered but the legal part I know but not well enough to ensure that everything is set-up the correct way. The foundation is based out of the King of Prussia PA area (20 minutes outside of Philadelphia). Any help would be greatly appreciated by both Billy and I. Contact me directly at cusenc03@yahoo.com.

I can't really help but I was involved in getting our organization (tennis related) set up as a 501(c)3 non profit. We had an attorney work on it and we eventually got the status. Have no idea what hoops (no pun intended) he had to go through but it took awhile. He did all the work pro bono. Maybe there is an attorney on the board that could offer to help.

I just set up an S-Corp with an attorney for $2k.
If you can't find legal help on here you may want to price out local attorneys and solicit donations on here if the boys and Joyce are cool with I

I would certainly make a small donation.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I just set up an S-Corp with an attorney for $2k.
If you can't find legal help on here you may want to price out local attorneys and solicit donations on here if the boys and Joyce are cool with I

I would certainly make a small donation.

Was your S-Corp printed on gold paper?

We also did a partnership agreement and it was a rush.

I'm a law student, so I can't help. But if I were you, I would contact SUCOL (the College of Law) and ask for a list of Cuse law grades in the Philly area. There are a lot, I'm sure, and you might be willing to find someone who is willing to help out. Or someone in a big firm that could use some pro bono hours.

Here in Fairfield and Westchester Counties, we have an organization called the Pro-Bono Partnership which consists of lawyers from corporations and leading law firms who donate their time for projects like this. You might check with your local bar association to ascertain whether there is a similar group in your area.

Was not in NY and was a for profit.

Another resource that is well worth investigating is SHARE. There are units in most towns/cities of any size. These are retired executives from many industries who offer help to startup organizations. No fees involved in most cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom