Binghamton Fan Checking In! | Syracusefan.com

Binghamton Fan Checking In!

SpiedieGon

Walk On
Maybe you remember me, I was the resident Duke fan who hung around for a couple weeks this summer. Anyway, as I covered before, I'm from the area and a Binghamton fan. So, I thought I'd check in and just give a couple thoughts on the game...

- I'm not delusional, it should get ugly tonight. Your defense is the 4th best a creating turnovers, and Binghamton is absolutely dreadful at holding onto the ball. Bing has about a 0.5 A/To ratio on the season.

- Don't be fooled, we do have some talent. This isn't the Binghamton of the past few years. Nick Madray is going to be really good down the road, he's still adjusting to the post, and physicality of D-1 hoops, but he's been quite good. Jordan Reed was preseason All-America East, and is leading the team with 15.4 points and 10.1 rebounds per game, and the backcourt is spearheaded by Marlon Beck and Yosef Yacob, two small, but quick guards. Both averaging 10+

- Like I said, the talent is clearly upgraded, in 2-3 years I think we'll compete for the America East title. But now, 4 of the starting 5(Madray, Beck, Yacob, Richards) are all frosh, and Reed is just a sophomore. So it's going to be ugly to watch this already turnover prone team try and figure out your size and zone. Plus, the Carrier Dome is just a tad daunting...

- Common opponents consist of Cornell and Colgate. Cornell, being the third game of Bing's season, provided great hope for me. As Binghamton was down 61-42 with 12:44 remaining, at which point Kenpom gave Binghamton a 0.6% win probability. They exploded in the final 12:44, and went on to win 89-79. Colgate, on the other hand, was a bloodbath. They thrashed Binghamton, 93-64

So, good luck tonight, even though you don't need it in the least. This is the kind of team that is so young, but pretty talented(in context, I'm sure y'all know the story behind Binghamton) and could hang in there for a few minutes. But Syracuse is going to win big, on the boards, in the paint, in the TO department and, of course, on the scoreboard. Prediction; Syracuse 97, Binghamton 62

Not you but speidies and pudgies pizza...Sam the Beer Man...Balloon Fest...

Maybe you remember me, I was the resident Duke fan who hung around for a couple weeks this summer. Anyway, as I covered before, I'm from the area and a Binghamton fan. So, I thought I'd check in and just give a couple thoughts on the game...

- I'm not delusional, it should get ugly tonight. Your defense is the 4th best a creating turnovers, and Binghamton is absolutely dreadful at holding onto the ball. Bing has about a 0.5 A/To ratio on the season.

- Don't be fooled, we do have some talent. This isn't the Binghamton of the past few years. Nick Madray is going to be really good down the road, he's still adjusting to the post, and physicality of D-1 hoops, but he's been quite good. Jordan Reed was preseason All-America East, and is leading the team with 15.4 points and 10.1 rebounds per game, and the backcourt is spearheaded by Marlon Beck and Yosef Yacob, two small, but quick guards. Both averaging 10+

- Like I said, the talent is clearly upgraded, in 2-3 years I think we'll compete for the America East title. But now, 4 of the starting 5(Madray, Beck, Yacob, Richards) are all frosh, and Reed is just a sophomore. So it's going to be ugly to watch this already turnover prone team try and figure out your size and zone. Plus, the Carrier Dome is just a tad daunting...

- Common opponents consist of Cornell and Colgate. Cornell, being the third game of Bing's season, provided great hope for me. As Binghamton was down 61-42 with 12:44 remaining, at which point Kenpom gave Binghamton a 0.6% win probability. They exploded in the final 12:44, and went on to win 89-79. Colgate, on the other hand, was a bloodbath. They thrashed Binghamton, 93-64

So, good luck tonight, even though you don't need it in the least. This is the kind of team that is so young, but pretty talented(in context, I'm sure y'all know the story behind Binghamton) and could hang in there for a few minutes. But Syracuse is going to win big, on the boards, in the paint, in the TO department and, of course, on the scoreboard. Prediction; Syracuse 97, Binghamton 62

Pretty good job on the predicted score and the overall analysis. Good luck in America East play

Hey spedie good call. I grew up in montrose and my folks have season tickets to bu games. I think give Dempsey a couple more years and he will have them near the top of the am east.

Thanks for dropping by. i have my BA from Harpur and Masters from Syracuse. Upstate NY is a fine place to go to school but Syracuse has a lock on being NYS's college basketball team. Your coach said that Binghamton is a sleeping giant. It is a fine academic school but I don't see it as a sleeping giant in basketball. What is he thinking of?

Thanks for dropping by. i have my BA from Harpur and Masters from Syracuse. Upstate NY is a fine place to go to school but Syracuse has a lock on being NYS's college basketball team. Your coach said that Binghamton is a sleeping giant. It is a fine academic school but I don't see it as a sleeping giant in basketball. What is he thinking of?

In some fairness, Binghamton now has a nice arena on campus. If Georgetown thug alumnus Coach Kevin Broadus hadn't screwed up the program en royale, the program would be in much better shape today. He probably set their program back 10 years. Eventually they will get to where they will be getting some 2- and 3-star players, and be on a par with, say, St Bonaventure or Siena or Cornell. If they played SU every year for the next 20 years, they might actually catch them off-guard one time.

BTW, I didn't realize, and no one here mentioned, that Z is one of the asst coaches there:

http://www.bubearcats.com/index.php/sports/coaching_staff/sport/mens_basketball

Last edited:
For this season, at least, the announcer referred to them as the youngest team in division 1, if I remember correctly. Whatever the exact quote is, that bodes well for them as the season rolls on, as well as for the next few seasons.

Sleeping Giant is probably a tad strong, but I do think we should be a consistent contender in the America East. It's a growing school, it actually has really solid fan support, Dempsey has been killing recruiting in Philly, and a nice NYC pipeline, strong academics, nice arena...etc. You look at what someone like Vermont has accomplished, and I'm not taking anything away from them, because the way their program has been run is truly spectacular, but there is no reason Binghamton can't strive to have that level of success.

Kenpom has Bing as the 9th youngest team in D-1, and in 3 years when Reed is a senior and Madray, Beck, Yacob and Richards are all juniors, it's going to be an excellent core, imo.

Anyway, good game. I was only able to catch the first half, but you guys looked really good. That press...ugh!

SpiedieGon said:
Maybe you remember me, I was the resident Duke fan who hung around for a couple weeks this summer. Anyway, as I covered before, I'm from the area and a Binghamton fan. So, I thought I'd check in and just give a couple thoughts on the game... - I'm not delusional, it should get ugly tonight. Your defense is the 4th best a creating turnovers, and Binghamton is absolutely dreadful at holding onto the ball. Bing has about a 0.5 A/To ratio on the season. - Don't be fooled, we do have some talent. This isn't the Binghamton of the past few years. Nick Madray is going to be really good down the road, he's still adjusting to the post, and physicality of D-1 hoops, but he's been quite good. Jordan Reed was preseason All-America East, and is leading the team with 15.4 points and 10.1 rebounds per game, and the backcourt is spearheaded by Marlon Beck and Yosef Yacob, two small, but quick guards. Both averaging 10+ - Like I said, the talent is clearly upgraded, in 2-3 years I think we'll compete for the America East title. But now, 4 of the starting 5(Madray, Beck, Yacob, Richards) are all frosh, and Reed is just a sophomore. So it's going to be ugly to watch this already turnover prone team try and figure out your size and zone. Plus, the Carrier Dome is just a tad daunting... - Common opponents consist of Cornell and Colgate. Cornell, being the third game of Bing's season, provided great hope for me. As Binghamton was down 61-42 with 12:44 remaining, at which point Kenpom gave Binghamton a 0.6% win probability. They exploded in the final 12:44, and went on to win 89-79. Colgate, on the other hand, was a bloodbath. They thrashed Binghamton, 93-64 So, good luck tonight, even though you don't need it in the least. This is the kind of team that is so young, but pretty talented(in context, I'm sure y'all know the story behind Binghamton) and could hang in there for a few minutes. But Syracuse is going to win big, on the boards, in the paint, in the TO department and, of course, on the scoreboard. Prediction; Syracuse 97, Binghamton 62

I'm drunk, didn't read this, but I just got some pizza from the "dugout" in apalichin

SpiedieGon said:
Maybe you remember me, I was the resident Duke fan who hung around for a couple weeks this summer. Anyway, as I covered before, I'm from the area and a Binghamton fan. So, I thought I'd check in and just give a couple thoughts on the game... - I'm not delusional, it should get ugly tonight. Your defense is the 4th best a creating turnovers, and Binghamton is absolutely dreadful at holding onto the ball. Bing has about a 0.5 A/To ratio on the season. - Don't be fooled, we do have some talent. This isn't the Binghamton of the past few years. Nick Madray is going to be really good down the road, he's still adjusting to the post, and physicality of D-1 hoops, but he's been quite good. Jordan Reed was preseason All-America East, and is leading the team with 15.4 points and 10.1 rebounds per game, and the backcourt is spearheaded by Marlon Beck and Yosef Yacob, two small, but quick guards. Both averaging 10+ - Like I said, the talent is clearly upgraded, in 2-3 years I think we'll compete for the America East title. But now, 4 of the starting 5(Madray, Beck, Yacob, Richards) are all frosh, and Reed is just a sophomore. So it's going to be ugly to watch this already turnover prone team try and figure out your size and zone. Plus, the Carrier Dome is just a tad daunting... - Common opponents consist of Cornell and Colgate. Cornell, being the third game of Bing's season, provided great hope for me. As Binghamton was down 61-42 with 12:44 remaining, at which point Kenpom gave Binghamton a 0.6% win probability. They exploded in the final 12:44, and went on to win 89-79. Colgate, on the other hand, was a bloodbath. They thrashed Binghamton, 93-64 So, good luck tonight, even though you don't need it in the least. This is the kind of team that is so young, but pretty talented(in context, I'm sure y'all know the story behind Binghamton) and could hang in there for a few minutes. But Syracuse is going to win big, on the boards, in the paint, in the TO department and, of course, on the scoreboard. Prediction; Syracuse 97, Binghamton 62

I'm drunk, didn't read this, but I just got some pizza from the "dugout" in apalichin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom