Binghamton Pregame Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Binghamton Pregame Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs Binghamton
Saturday, February 10, 2018 | 1:00 p.m.

No TV scheduled.

You can only watch online on ACC Network Extra through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

Binghamton vs. Syracuse (M Lacrosse)

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

DVreQOsVwAAXjLM.jpg

Better not sleep on Bingo.
Agree. Bingo always a solid team that can't be taken for granted . Not sure what line is but I suspect it will be around 4. Cuse looked good against Hofstra and Im expecting that squad to show as it is a 'must' game in some regard given schedule

Agree. Bingo always a solid team that can't be taken for granted . Not sure what line is but I suspect it will be around 4. Cuse looked good against Hofstra and Im expecting that squad to show as it is a 'must' game in some regard given schedule
Have to establish team identity from game 1 with the schedule their facing.

Have to establish team identity from game 1 with the schedule their facing.
. Jeremycuse had good writeup on offense including possibility of lengthening lines but not sure schedule affords that other than some short runs. It would seem that establishing first two lines requires greater field time than less. Plethora of solid mids but field for several likely later than sooner given our need to quickly establish offensive fluidity and identity . I see this schedule as not only challenging but somewhat inhibiting in that regard

I hope the Yale scrimmage opened some eyes for players and coaches. Need to have the same focus and determination every game, no game will be a cake walk for an inexperienced team. Desko and Donahue need to motivate and prepare these guys this week, otherwise they'll be looking down the barrel of an 0-4/1-3 start

I hope the Yale scrimmage opened some eyes for players and coaches. Need to have the same focus and determination every game, no game will be a cake walk for an inexperienced team. Desko and Donahue need to motivate and prepare these guys this week, otherwise they'll be looking down the barrel of an 0-4/1-3 start

Team could easily start out 1-3 and not even play that bad. As you noted its imperative this team come out ready to play from the word go. This team is not yet built for those classic SU comebacks.

While they do return their midfield and faceoff guy they are missing Moore, there #1 and best close defender and their goalie. The 5 goal line seems about right to me.

Last edited:
Game notes for Binghampton game up -

Syracuse University Athletics - GAME 1

Projected lineup is listed - no real surprises if you have been following scrimmages. Four man rotation for second midfield lists Simmons, Lane, Curry and Lipka. The only outstanding question for me was who was starting at SSDM, it appears it will be a four man rotation of Hutchings, Schwasnick, Oladunmoye and Nick Martin. Drake Porter is listed as backup to Maddona.

Interesting that they list Voigt as being the man up attackmen, I have never seen that listed on a depth chart before in my life. Also it wouldn't be Syracuse if there wasn't a blatant typo - apparenlty Varello wont 100 of 17 faceoffs against Army.

Good to see Lipka listed among the 4 second line guys, with so many young guys its nice to see a couple break away and earn some PT, this team will also need plenty of options if guys struggle so again this is great to see.

Interesting that Nick Martin has been officially moved to SSDM, he certainly has the size. Very interested to see what he can do out there. No other real suprises as Powellfan noted above, Helmer and Fusco holding down the LSM position. Intersted to see if Dipetor or Kennedy bump Cunningham from the starting D at some point.

Not to nitpick but that was a less then stellar preview. First of these guys realize Madonna started for 2 years at Merrimack right? Second running the offense through Bomberry makes little sense, he isn't a dodger and is playing the crease attack spot. Brutal.

Not to nitpick but that was a less then stellar preview. First of these guys realize Madonna started for 2 years at Merrimack right? Second running the offense through Bomberry makes little sense, he isn't a dodger and is playing the crease attack spot. Brutal.
I can't see the offense going through Bomberry at all. My biggest concern is, which player is going to be the feeder from the attack spots?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom