BJ Johnson to Orlando Magic | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson to Orlando Magic

Is this an NBA contract, or one of each teams three 2-way contracts that they can now offer?

Even if a 2-way deal, and he plays most of the year in the G-League, he would get paid much more than a regular G-League and be in position for a call up at any time.

Good news for BJ.

I looked at the twitter feed of Orlando and also noticed that they signed a center who averaged 2 pts / 2 rebs in 2 seasons in Kentucky (from 2015-2017).

Goes to show you that with the right attitude guys can certainly develop outside of college, and that Coach Cal sucks.

Is this an NBA contract, or one of each teams three 2-way contracts that they can now offer?

Even if a 2-way deal, and he plays most of the year in the G-League, he would get paid much more than a regular G-League and be in position for a call up at any time.

Good news for BJ.
The situation is that BJ has a chance to make one of the two remaining roster spots as an Exhibit 10 player ( which means that could sign with any team (NBA call up)if he is sent to Lakeland in the G-League. He has more opportunity this way. As a two way player, you are restricted to the team that you are currently playing for. Unlike, BJ's rookie season, he has a better opportunity to make the team this year.

Because he and his father wouldn't redshirt his freshman year.

That ought to get me a stern talking to...

And yeah, I'm growing tired of the BJ updates.
Hey, he was 17 and more than ready to take on 19 and 20-year-old freshmen and 22, 23, 24-year-old upperclassmen.

Last edited:
With all due respect...happy it has worked out for the kid but would rather have a Sonny Spera update on how his busy afternoon of multiple route canals and fillings went at this point.

With all due respect...happy it has worked out for the kid but would rather have a Sonny Spera update on how his busy afternoon of multiple route canals and fillings went at this point.
Whether you like it or not how things went at SU for his two years there. I couldn't care less. I post for the people on this board that like seeing the updates as BJ started out Orange and that was one of reasons that he played this summer for Boehiem's Army. So with all due respect, don't open the posts or stop following me and have a great time at your next route canal.

With all due respect, there was nothing misleading about the thread title. Just don't click on it.
1574723183112.gif

i wish him nothing but the best. he'll always have ties here. didn't see much court time but i still root (canal) for sonny and bj. they're family.

Agreed. For the most part I’ve always been interested in how SU transfers did. I mean, I once watched a DePaul game to root for Charles Gelatt.

the next route canal will be I-81 either thru or around or under syracuse. make up your mind. get it done.

Whether you like it or not how things went at SU for his two years there. I couldn't care less. I post for the people on this board that like seeing the updates as BJ started out Orange and that was one of reasons that he played this summer for Boehiem's Army. So with all due respect, don't open the posts or stop following me and have a great time at your next route canal.

Congrats to your son and please continue the updates.

Congrats to your son and please continue the updates.

Agreed. I’m in the camp (certainly larger than the other one) who roots for BJ and enjoys the updates.

He wore Orange for just as long as Dion, MCW, Rico & Jerami, and for longer than Mali, CMac, and Ennis.

It’s a shame that he got his much-needed RS year due to transferring, rather than at Syracuse, but it clearly paid huge dividends for him

Best of luck to BJ!!
Do work!

Agreed. For the most part I’ve always been interested in how SU transfers did. I mean, I once watched a DePaul game to root for Charles Gelatt.

Charles Gelatt was from Binghamton. So there's at least a local tie, lol.

Seriously, though, B.J. wasn't ready for prime time when he came to SU. Talented, absolutely. But wasn't ready.

Glad it worked out for him elsewhere. I do think that if the sanctions did not come when they did, B.J. would have stayed. I could be completely off, though.

Here's the latest: Sonny is very busy in the afternoon...especially at tooth-hurty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom