BJ Johnson | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

Francis03

All American
SF from Philly attending the elite camp. Played AAU on Team Final with Rondae Jefferson, and was a name that was passed along to me last month that we could be seriously interested in if we missed out on our A-list targets. Johnson officially measured in over the summer at 6'8, 170, 6'8 wingspan. While his measurables are pretty average, having seen him twice when scouting Jefferson, he was the second best player on that team. He has good range on his shot, can handle a bit, and is a pretty good athlete. Needs to get stronger but anticipated well for steals which lead to numerous fast break points. More of a 4 yr Southerland/Fair type of player, instead of the instant high upside player that Lawrence/Roberson are.

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articles/2012/12/08/sports/doc50c299e3666af329978419.txt
BJ lead all scorers with 29pts in a loss to Neumann-Goretti. NG is one of the best teams in the country, so I'm glad to see that BJ had a great game against them. JaQuan Newton, who I'm a big fan of and the staff has shown interest in him from time to time had 21pts for NG, and 2015 cuse target Lamarr Kimble had 11pts.
Much thanks Francis. Great to see him play well against a nationally acclaimed team. He looked tall, even in the paint. We always make good use of these "lanky lefties".

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articles/2012/12/08/sports/doc50c299e3666af329978419.txt
BJ lead all scorers with 29pts in a loss to Neumann-Goretti. NG is one of the best teams in the country, so I'm glad to see that BJ had a great game against them. JaQuan Newton, who I'm a big fan of and the staff has shown interest in him from time to time had 21pts for NG, and 2015 cuse target Lamarr Kimble had 11pts.

Francis, is Newton the only PG we're recruiting in this class? Is the staff interested in McLaughlin at all? Thanks.

29 of their 64 pts! What was the staff thinking with this guy?...;)

Hmmm why did we sign this 3 star option c guy again? Ohhh because he's way better than that.

Francis, is Newton the only PG we're recruiting in this class? Is the staff interested in McLaughlin at all? Thanks.
Whitehead and Terrell are guards that handle the ball a lot. Lookout for a guard from the Buffalo area name Sterling Taplin. He attended the SU elite camp back in August and I've heard he's a big time sleeper. He plays for the Albany City Rock, so I'll be looking forward to see how he does against national competition.

Haven't heard anything about McClaughlin.

Francis, I don't think enough SU fans understand what a sleeper BJ is. The kid is 16 and weights 160lbs. He is explosive, can shoot the basketball well and has great basketball IQ. He will be scary 20lbs heavier and 2 inches taller. Thoughts? Love this pickup as much as anyone. Ok, ok, McCulluch and Ennis are special as well.. Go CUSE!

Whitehead and Terrell are guards that handle the ball a lot. Lookout for a guard from the Buffalo area name Sterling Taplin. He attended the SU elite camp back in August and I've heard he's a big time sleeper. He plays for the Albany City Rock, so I'll be looking forward to see how he does against national competition.

Haven't heard anything about McClaughlin.
Taplin is nice!

That vid of Taplin was very impressive. He looks very athletic with the exception of not having huge hops, but he seems to hang in the air for quite a while and has great body control as well as being able to adjust his shot in mid air. He looks like a lead guard that can fill it up when needed.

Francis, I don't think enough SU fans understand what a sleeper BJ is. The kid is 16 and weights 160lbs. He is explosive, can shoot the basketball well and has great basketball IQ. He will be scary 20lbs heavier and 2 inches taller. Thoughts? Love this pickup as much as anyone. Ok, ok, McCulluch and Ennis are special as well.. Go CUSE!
Agree 100%. He's already 6'8 and you give him a redshirt year to get stronger. He could become 7'2 like Jerami when he's ready to play but hopefully we'll keep Rothstein away from him lol.

Taplin is nice!
He's just toying with the comp in that video lol but definitely has skills. His team played in the game before Kearney/Niagara Falls, and my buddy said Taplin was the best player overall he saw last night.

Francis their is a PG from Rochester East High who is averaging 40 points a game? Do you know anything about him?

Correct. First time that I've heard of him.
I had never herd of him either. My Brother who has watched him play said he is really good and wished we would recurit him. No clue if he is any good or not but it looks like he can score the rock and the Rochester City Cal. Leauge is usually pretty strong.

I had never herd of him either. My Brother who has watched him play said he is really good and wished we would recurit him. No clue if he is any good or not but it looks like he can score the rock and the Rochester City Cal. Leauge is usually pretty strong.
Sounds like somebody that the staff should keep an eye on since he's in the 2014 class. I'll definitely keep you updated if they start showing interest.

BJ will be more than ready for the Cuse next year at 6'7.5" 180 and growing with a tremendous skill set to play 1-4 positions if needed.

BJ will be more than ready for the Cuse next year at 6'7.5" 180 and growing with a tremendous skill set to play 1-4 positions if needed.
Mrs. Johnson?

Does BJ spend time at PG for LM? If so then that's good to hear. More ball handlers, the better :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom