Black Panther | Syracusefan.com

Black Panther

Ozcuse

All American
This movie has broken box office records and has been hailed as one of the best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. What are your thoughts? Who else has seen it?

I went to see it this weekend with my wife and brother.

My wife is not a fan of comic book movies so it was interesting to get her take on the story and then also discuss it with my brother who has seen every MCU movie and knows the backstory of every character.

My wife really liked it and told me it reminded her of the Disney Lion King movie which she loved when she was younger. Not sure if that was something that influenced this but I thought it was interesting. Definitely her favorite of the MCU movies she has been forced to watch.

My brother and I thought it was a decent movie, not sure if it's one of the best MCU movies however. Probably in my top 5 but would be hard to crack my top 3. The tie back to Oakland 1992 was good at grounding the movie in a reality and culture we know. It seemed like it was a mishmash of Game of Thrones, James Bond, and Lion King (like my wife mentioned).

plan on seeing it soon.. the previews take on the char seem a little far fetched from the comic i remember as a kid, but we will see.

I haven’t seen it yet, but I hear really good things about it. The Justice League producers must be shaking in their boots. The MCU is absolutely crushing it right now. You have Black Panther with one of the biggest box office openings of all time followed by Infinity War which will probably also break box office records. Let’s not forget the first female centered film of the MCU, Captain Marvel, opening on International Womens Day next year and then another Avengers movie two months later. Not sure how the DC films keep up.

I'm not into comics, but my girlfriend loves the Marvel Universe so I've slowly made my way through all their movies (and Netflix series, which I prefer). I thought Black Panther was an awesome film even compared to movies in general rather than just Marvel movies. Michael B Jordan was my favorite superhero villain since Heath Ledger's take on The Joker and his last line in particular will stay with you long after the movie ends IMO.

Really amazing work by Ryan Coogler and the rest of the people that worked on this movie; they nailed pretty much everything.

bill maher made a joke that AG jeff sessions had already declared black panther a terrorist .

I'm not really a comic book or super hero enthusiast. My kids have gotten me to take them to a couple in the last few years. I have to ask, what is MCU? All I could think of was some directional school, or perhaps someone mixed up Central Michigan, which didn't make sense.

I'm not really a comic book or super hero enthusiast. My kids have gotten me to take them to a couple in the last few years. I have to ask, what is MCU? All I could think of was some directional school, or perhaps someone mixed up Central Michigan, which didn't make sense.
Marvel Cinematic Universe

I thought it was a good movie. Very story driven. Coogler is great. Entertaining throughout, great cast, nice blend of gravitas and humor.

I do think it's a little overrated, but people taking joy in it isn't a bad thing.

shocked by the money its taking in.. Star wars was a beast and everyone i knew went to see it.. Panther is making almost as much and i know 1 person who has seen it and no one I know other than me has plans to see it.

I loved it. Theater was packed on Monday night.

shocked by the money its taking in.. Star wars was a beast and everyone i knew went to see it.. Panther is making almost as much and i know 1 person who has seen it and no one I know other than me has plans to see it.

I have a lot of friends going to see it just to make sure it does well at the box office even though they don’t care about super hero movies.

I'm not into comics, but my girlfriend loves the Marvel Universe so I've slowly made my way through all their movies (and Netflix series, which I prefer). I thought Black Panther was an awesome film even compared to movies in general rather than just Marvel movies. Michael B Jordan was my favorite superhero villain since Heath Ledger's take on The Joker and his last line in particular will stay with you long after the movie ends IMO.

Really amazing work by Ryan Coogler and the rest of the people that worked on this movie; they nailed pretty much everything.

If the last line is what I think you are referring to, isn't it factually impossible, since he could not have been born in the future if his ancestors had, in fact, thrown themselves overboard?

I get the point of the line, but inconsistencies in language bother me. (Blessing and a curse.)

Thought the movie was pretty good. The visuals were very cool and the acting was good. I agree on Jordan. Excellent villain.

The theatre at Destiny was all but empty, and the mall was mobbed. (Saw it 2/24.) I thought it would be full, but it was also the Real 3-D, so maybe that was a reason.

If the last line is what I think you are referring to, isn't it factually impossible, since he could not have been born in the future if his ancestors had, in fact, thrown themselves overboard?
swing and a miss

Good news semi-related to Black Panther. Avengers Infinity War is opening a week earlier than planned. April 27. Can’t wait!

It was aight. Would have liked more Wakanda and conflict amongst the Wakandans once Killmonger takes over. Seems weird that the most advanced society in the world doesn't even have elections.

It's crazy that this isn't even the best MCU movie to be released in the past year (after Thor Ragnorok, Guardians 2, and Spiderman) and it is still a good movie. Yeah, DC has got some ground to make up.

It was a good movie.. still amazed by the money its still making.. its not nearly the best of the marvel movies but its pretty good.

could have done with a little less of the agenda and maybe a bit less of Wakanda is the super power of the world. Wonder womand and black panther are now the baddest super heroes on the planet with all the powers they gave them. They make Superman and Shield/tony stark look like the JV team.

It was a good movie.. still amazed by the money its still making.. its not nearly the best of the marvel movies but its pretty good.

could have done with a little less of the agenda and maybe a bit less of Wakanda is the super power of the world. Wonder womand and black panther are now the baddest super heroes on the planet with all the powers they gave them. They make Superman and Shield/tony stark look like the JV team.

I don’t know how you can say that if you saw Justice League. Superman showed up and destroyed the big bad in a matter of minutes when the, including WW, couldn’t do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom