Blanket statement | Syracusefan.com

Blanket statement

Redrum

2nd String
First and foremost to the dozens of DMs I received from many of you ! It really does help thank you!!!!. I respect Dino and all I’ll say is what he said doesn’t look good . My wife is on her way up he will be fine . I went to sleep at 10 pm and woke up at 1 am and can’t sleep my stomach is sick . Yes it’s a free year but it hurts . I haven’t watched the game yet but I will now . Anybody watch the Clemson game last night ?
What happened to king ? 12/24 121 yards 0 tds and 2 ints with big time WRs ? Why ? Besides his 84 yards on the ground they had 5 yards rushing!!
And this was a heisman front runner .why no run game ! No time !
Duke yes duke had 2 guys over 150 yes 2 !!! last week I read tucker was the first RB since 2017 to have over 100 yards that’s insane . I’m not gonna get rolling with my 100 points I can make . Here’s what some of you want to know . Will Tommy come back next year ? We choose beautiful Syracuse because dino told me things about the offense that we loved . The top notch education, the network , the close proximity to NYC and our home . This is all still true . I love Dino, the staff
The people up there I have met . I handed the keys over but the lease is up and it’s time to hopefully extend our lease but I’m gonna need some upgrades the car has some damage and that damage is a result of the roads around him , and all the deficiencies you think my car has is a direct result of it . the Smart ones know it . My car can move but to many pot holes . King hit those pot holes last night vs Clemson his car didn’t perform either .
I’m hopeful the dealership still wants my car and is willing to fix the road . For those that think my car isnt wanted I have offers for my car on some pretty nice roads . But again I like that fall ride up to Syracuse we have un finished business up there .
Tommy’s Qb coach told him get a head set and learn and see things as a coach instead of just watching and he is excited to do that . Thanks again for the well wishes .

To take your automobile analogy one step further, hope TD comes back next year AND is behind the wheel of a HEMI powered SUV! Speedy recovery to TD and everyone else that got injured yesterday.

Regardless of what Tommy's future holds, I am excited to see him 'with a headset' as you mentioned. I think it will be very helpful for him and his continued development with the game of football.

The guy is clearly a leader in the locker room, and while his on field play hasn't been the Ferrari experience we all wanted and hoped for, no one wants to see this.
Here's to Tommy's health and him getting back on the field again soon

Last edited:
First and foremost to the dozens of DMs I received from many of you ! It really does help thank you!!!!. I respect Dino and all I’ll say is what he said doesn’t look good . My wife is on her way up he will be fine . I went to sleep at 10 pm and woke up at 1 am and can’t sleep my stomach is sick . Yes it’s a free year but it hurts . I haven’t watched the game yet but I will now . Anybody watch the Clemson game last night ?
What happened to king ? 12/24 121 yards 0 tds and 2 ints with big time WRs ? Why ? Besides his 84 yards on the ground they had 5 yards rushing!!
Duke yes duke had 2 guys over 150 yes 2 !!! last week I read tucker was the first RB since 2017 to have over 100 yards that’s insane . I’m not gonna get rolling with my 100 points I can make . Here’s what some of you want to know . Will Tommy come back next year ? We choose beautiful Syracuse because dino told me things about the offense that we loved . The top notch education, the network , the close proximity to NYC and our home . This is all still true . I love Dino, the staff
The people up there I have met . I handed the keys over but the lease is up and it’s time to hopefully extend our lease but I’m gonna need some upgrades the car has some damage and that damage is a result of the roads around him , and all the deficiencies you think my car has is a direct result of it . the Smart ones know it . My car can move but to many pot holes . King hit those pot holes last night vs Clemson his car didn’t perform either .
I’m hopeful the dealership still wants my car and is willing to fix the road . For those that think my car isnt wanted I have offers for my car on some pretty nice roads . But again I like that fall ride up to Syracuse we have un finished business up there .
Tommy’s Qb coach told him get a head set and learn and see things as a coach instead of just watching and he is excited to do that . Thanks again for the well wishes .
Best wishes to Tommy for a full and speedy recovery. He has worked too hard for it to end like this.

Here’s hoping for a full and speedy recovery. I cannot imagine the angst and frustration of watching the evolution of this team from a parent’s perspective.

It’s boring and not sexy but the game is clearly won/lost in the trenches. I’ve been encouraged at times when our line has been somewhat healthy that we move the ball well. But the line we have out there now is supposed to be our depth, not our starters.

I wish Tommy a speedy recovery and wish him all the best in whatever the future holds. I am very concerned about the state of this football program in particular on the offensive and defensive line in year number five under Dino Babers.

I just re watched the game , not much to say about it . the announcers were good not just puppets they saw real things . Just had a nice convo with tommy he feels fine , im like what are you doing he says writing my workout and how I can train around the injury.
We talked about the head set he said oh yeah I’m excited for that I’d it’s legal and coach allows it . Moving forward IMO Rex deserves a chance with a full week to prepare and god help any of them vs Clemson. After that mix in everyone see what you got . If your a fan you should just view it as a free year and see the individuals and how they look the team is
Missing Qb 1 Cisco Cooley , Dakota bliech
Adams Howard Jordan I’m sure I’m missing someone that’s to much to soon in the season . Not to mention many other underbelly players which we could sure use

FWIW, as much as this board piles on him, it was easily his best game this season. He looked off the secondary. Put balls in places where only his receivers could get them and spread the distribution so defenses couldn't lock in on person. That's a 350+ yard game if the dropped balls were brought in.

FWIW, as much as this board piles on him, it was easily his best game this season. He looked off the secondary. Put balls in places where only his receivers could get them and spread the distribution so defenses couldn't lock in on person. That's a 350+ yard game if the dropped balls were brought in.

Agree with this. For whatever reasons the WR corp isn't where it could've been. Those were big league throws.

If there is one play - swap out that QB sneak for the ole TE pop play, probably becomes a different game.

I wish Tommy a speedy recovery. I wouldn’t harbor any bad feelings if he decides to graduate and leave. He hasn’t had a fair shot here the last two seasons. Line play and scheme have been severely lacking. Best wishes.

Your son is as good a pure passer as any that have played here. Some very highend throws yesterday. With a decent line the ceiling is very high.
Sounds like he has his head in the right space.

Hope that line is already on the roster, which I think it is for the most part.

Get the guard situation fixed by getting the hurt guys on the field and the tackles dont have to worry about helping to the inside.

Hope he’s here next year to get the gain from this years pain

After the physical beating he took last season and the massive holes caused by injuries on our offensive line, Tommy could understandably have sat out this season to protect his health. Instead, he fought with everything he had. He was battling yesterday, and even after watching passes bounce off the hands and shoulder pads of receivers, he didn’t show a shred of negativity. He‘s going to bounce back from this. Many better days to come, just hope they are here.

Yeah I'd hate to lose the big time throws.

The WRs are so bad at catching the ball that we'd be better with a QB incapable of making big time throws. They also blow reads consistently and never pick up the hot route.

Now a gun will be at Dinos head to improve it might happen he should have known to get someone from outside the program this offseason just look at reception leaders in FCS and grab a couple I don't care if they are slow AF. The line can become very good next year without going outside the program.

Get well soon Tommy!

Every game this season would have started well if our wide receivers could catch. More than just Taj on a long ball. It’s embarrassing to see that, as well as the missed assignments. It’s a poor product and I’d love to see TDV with a strong oline and receivers who want to win.

My avatar says it all. I have not wavered in my belief in Tommy and I don't care who knows it. Reminds me of all the undeserved criticism Nassib got especially in his junior year. We were 5-2 after destroying WVU 49-23 in the dome. However, our oline was devastated with injuries and we lost our last 5 games (including UCONN) to miss a bowl at 5-7.

Marrone and Nassib (and OC Hackett) got the same tired criticism we hear on the board today. Marrone can't recruit, he's a lousy game coach, he plays meat head football. Nassib has no touch, he can't run, he holds the ball too long, he doesn't go past his first read yada yada yada. Sound familiar?

The next year we went 7-5 and beat K State in the inaugural Empire Bowl. Our best season in years. Marrone was a keeper, Nassib was a 4th round pick and Hackett was a genius.

YOU CAN'T RUN AN OFFENSE IF YOU CAN'T BLOCK. PERIOD.

Blame whomever you want but it is all not on the QB not even a lot.

My avatar says it all. I have not wavered in my belief in Tommy and I don't care who knows it. Reminds me of all the undeserved criticism Nassib got especially in his junior year. We were 5-2 after destroying WVU 49-23 in the dome. However, our oline was devastated with injuries and we lost our last 5 games (including UCONN) to miss a bowl at 5-7.

Marrone and Nassib (and OC Hackett) got the same tired criticism we hear on the board today. Marrone can't recruit, he's a lousy game coach, he plays meat head football. Nassib has no touch, he can't run, he holds the ball too long, he doesn't go past his first read yada yada yada. Sound familiar?

The next year we went 7-5 and beat K State in the inaugural Empire Bowl. Our best season in years. Marrone was a keeper, Nassib was a 4th round pick and Hackett was a genius.

YOU CAN'T RUN AN OFFENSE IF YOU CAN'T BLOCK. PERIOD.

Blame whomever you want but it is all not on the QB not even a lot.

Defense was gutted by injuries to.

All I am going to say regarding what I think of Tommy DeVito's ability was said by Duke Coach David Cutcliffe yesterday at half time. If you were watching you know what he said. Here is to hoping for a speedy and successful recovery for Tommy and that he is wearing a Syracuse University Football Uniform next season and gets a chance to show what he can do with an actual supporting cast. That is Dino Babers responsibility. Get well soon Tommy, Go Orange !!!!!!!!1

We need to hit the portal hard this offseason, so much talent we would never dream of having that we don't even go after, didn't you say tommys former OLman from rutgers was in the portal and the staff didn't want him, 2021 College Football Transfer Portal I just found this a few days ago I wasn't aware 247 had this but just look at the talent, bleich was a big get and their were atleast 20 guys ranked higher than him, whats the staffs excuse for not at the least offering them, they should offer simmons from uab tomorrow, need a big WR who was a 4 star go get one from the portal, it's just inexcusable that we are in such a bad place and we don't use it, not sure if you saw my sunny dykes post but he took over at SMU year 1 5 wins years 2 10 wins he had 33 transfers on the roster, we knew going in we had no QB depth, why not try to land ramsey from indiana he's very good, he went to Northwestern were he's nothing near guarenteed playing time, LSU 4 star donavaughn campbell 6-4 350 OT transfered to LA Tech, your telling me he wouldnt have entertained an offer here, no reason we can't go get 3 OL 2-3 recievors and atleast one RB from the portal and that's just the offensive side, I also wouldn't mind a QB so we have a servicable backup if TD returns, if not definitely need to hit the portal for a QB. harold joiner from auburn would be great in our offense, 2 recievors from washington state are in the portal, one 6-2 and was a 4 star the other 6-2 a 3 star, I mean these guys would atleast catch the ball, courtney jackson should have scored a TD on that deep ball yesterday, osman savage 4 star OLB from michigan with a few years of eligibility, if we can't recruit and can't develop than go hit the damn portal, or DB can have one with one of the freshman QB's who couldn't garner a P5 offer with his cast of outcasts, even if a 4 star struggled at an SEC school idk if their gonna struggle with duke and wake and the ACC lol, theirs plenty of guys who would help and be upgrades and half the country hasn't started playing yet, imagine in december all the options to be had... DB go hit the damn portal now!!!

We need to hit the portal hard this offseason, so much talent we would never dream of having that we don't even go after, didn't you say tommys former OLman from rutgers was in the portal and the staff didn't want him, 2021 College Football Transfer Portal I just found this a few days ago I wasn't aware 247 had this but just look at the talent, bleich was a big get and their were atleast 20 guys ranked higher than him, whats the staffs excuse for not at the least offering them, they should offer simmons from uab tomorrow, need a big WR who was a 4 star go get one from the portal, it's just inexcusable that we are in such a bad place and we don't use it, not sure if you saw my sunny dykes post but he took over at SMU year 1 5 wins years 2 10 wins he had 33 transfers on the roster, we knew going in we had no QB depth, why not try to land ramsey from indiana he's very good, he went to Northwestern were he's nothing near guarenteed playing time, LSU 4 star donavaughn campbell 6-4 350 OT transfered to LA Tech, your telling me he wouldnt have entertained an offer here, no reason we can't go get 3 OL 2-3 recievors and atleast one RB from the portal and that's just the offensive side, I also wouldn't mind a QB so we have a servicable backup if TD returns, if not definitely need to hit the portal for a QB. harold joiner from auburn would be great in our offense, 2 recievors from washington state are in the portal, one 6-2 and was a 4 star the other 6-2 a 3 star, I mean these guys would atleast catch the ball, courtney jackson should have scored a TD on that deep ball yesterday, osman savage 4 star OLB from michigan with a few years of eligibility, if we can't recruit and can't develop than go hit the damn portal, or DB can have one with one of the freshman QB's who couldn't garner a P5 offer with his cast of outcasts, even if a 4 star struggled at an SEC school idk if their gonna struggle with duke and wake and the ACC lol, theirs plenty of guys who would help and be upgrades and half the country hasn't started playing yet, imagine in december all the options to be had... DB go hit the damn portal now!!!

It's not a vending machine.

You simply don't press "B-9" and an OT slides down the slot.

Transfers have to be recruited just like HS kids. If a transfer doesn't want to play here, you can't make him.

For those of us with old eyes it is much easier to read a long post if it is broken up into paragraphs. I would like to read what you have to say but it is hard on tablets and phones without line breaks. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom