Blatant Attention-Seeking OT Post | Syracusefan.com

Blatant Attention-Seeking OT Post

Phillymoose

2nd String

OrangeXtreme does an amazing job of populating the less-traveled forums with content updates but I am pulling this one out and dropping it front and center.

I have been a part of this community forever. I won't credential too much, but I was around when BK (Rob Konrad's father) was a regular poster, was at the Sheraton for some hilarious board gatherings/shenanigans, been on one of the early golf-outings with Tom and Dan, once rode THE train from Armory to the Dome with TexanMark, bumped into UEO once at a bar on (where else?) the upper east side, own a Big 12 Champs t-shirt, lost a bet to Stevenson on the FIRST Eagles/Pats Superbowl, and will still argue that Superpurplecat was the best visitor/poster this community has ever had. I love being a part of this community, even though I don't post that often. (That goes for you, too, Supp - with whom I 'disagree' with sometimes on the OT board.)

It is therefore with heart-in-the-throat pride and gratitude (specifically to CTO without whom this would not have happened) that I post the tweet above referencing my daughter's signing to play soccer at Syracuse. I promise to take all further conversation to the Olympic and Women's board where it belongs - but I simply could not resist.

Thank you for indulging me!!

David. And yes, I do now live in Santa Monica. And, yes, while she spent the first 8 years of her life in NYC, she has pretty much no idea what she's in for weather-wise. ;)

Last edited:

OrangeXtreme does an amazing job of populating the less-traveled forums with content updates but I am pulling this one out and dropping it front and center.

I have been a part of this community forever. I won't credential too much, but I was around when BK (Rob Konrad's father was a regular poster), was at the Sheraton for some hilarious board gatherings/shenanigans, been on one of the early golf-outings with Tom and Dan, once rode THE train from Armory to the Dome with TexanMark, bumped into UEO once at a bar on (where else?) the upper east side, own a Big 12 Champs t-shirt, lost a bet to Stevenson on the FIRST Eagles/Pats Superbowl, and will still argue that Superpurplecat was the best visitor/poster this community has ever had. I love being a part of this community, even though I don't post that often. (That goes for you, too, Supp - with whom I 'disagree' with sometimes on the OT board.)

It is therefore with heart-in-the-throat pride and gratitude (specifically to CTO without whom this would not have happened) that I post the tweet above referencing my daughter's signing to play soccer at Syracuse. I promise to take all further conversation to the Olympic and Women's board where it belongs - but I simply could not resist.

David. And yes, I do now live in Santa Monica. And, yes, while she spent the first 8 years of her life in NYC, she has pretty much no idea what she's in for weather-wises. ;)

So happy for her and you! Congratulations!

I have been a part of this community forever. I won't credential too much, but I was around when BK (Rob Konrad's father was a regular poster), was at the Sheraton for some hilarious board gatherings/shenanigans, been on one of the early golf-outings with Tom and Dan, once rode THE train from Armory to the Dome with TexanMark, bumped into UEO once at a bar on (where else?) the upper east side, own a Big 12 Champs t-shirt, lost a bet to Stevenson on the FIRST Eagles/Pats Superbowl, and will still argue that Superpurplecat was the best visitor/poster this community has ever had. I love being a part of this community, even though I don't post that often. (That goes for you, too, Supp - with whom I 'disagree' with sometimes on the OT board.)

David. And yes, I do now live in Santa Monica. And, yes, while she spent the first 8 years of her life in NYC, she has pretty much no idea what she's in for weather-wises. ;)
Congrats. A true legacy.

Congrats!

This is awesome.

If you get to a road game @ UNC, Duke, or State, let me know. I’ll make sure you are sitting among Orange... great soccer facilities down here. And plenty of Orange fans.

Congratulations. As a dad having gone through a similar process, but men, with a GK and not a field player, I understand the stress and excitement.
Congratulations again

Congrats man. You must be so proud. I catch a few men’s game each year, maybe I’ll have to catch a women’s game. What’s her major going to be?

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I read the tweet OX posted and spent a little extra time reviewing it, wondering what in the world was a girl from California doing attending Syracuse? Will she be the Mike Hopkins of women ‘s soccer?

I don’t know 1% of what cto does but this is like the 10th story I have heard about her helping to get a deserving student into Syracuse. I can’t imagine all the people she has helped; all the lives she has change and the massive overall impact she has made on so many, almost all total strangers.

There are a lot of stereotypes of people who are well off...how they only care about themselves, have no empathy, have lost touch with the common people. That might be the case with some but not with her. Wow! What a great person and a great asset for Syracuse University! Well done cto! And again, congrats to you and your amazing daughter Phillymoose!

Thank you! Entrepreneurship via Whitman

Excellent. Last I remember that program was in the top 3 in the country I believe. Son is a different major in Whitman but I think he had to take an Entrepreneurship course.

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I read the tweet OX posted and spent a little extra time reviewing it, wondering what in the world was a girl from California doing attending Syracuse? Will she be the Mike Hopkins of women ‘s soccer?

I don’t know 1% of what cto does but this is like the 10th story I have heard about her helping to get a deserving student into Syracuse. I can’t imagine all the people she has helped; all the lives she has change and the massive overall impact she has made on so many, almost all total strangers.

There are a lot of stereotypes of people who are well off...how they only care about themselves, have no empathy, have lost touch with the common people. That might be the case with some but not with her. Wow! What a great person and a great asset for Syracuse University! Well done cto! And again, congrats to you and your amazing daughter Phillymoose!

Everything you say is true x10. She barely knew who I was, having met briefly once or twice 15+ years ago - but there she was, selflessly helping without hesitation. I will be forever in her debt, but also know that she'll react with a shrug and a smile.

But.. I must say she keeps quite good company with you, Tom. Cut from the same cloth as far as I am concerned.

Thank you for the kind words, btw...

Excellent. Last I remember that program was in the top 3 in the country I believe. Son is a different major in Whitman but I think he had to take an Entrepreneurship course.

Yes - the program is very highly rated and she is quite excited about that aspect of her Syracuse journey in addition to the soccer.
Thank you for the kind words, Rick.

CTO would be on the Mount Rushmore of Syracuse Fans.

Fantastic!... In the running for POTY..(post of the year) I think there is nothing more rewarding in life than seeing the success of one's children. Having watched her develop her skills and having it culminate in playing at the collegiate level is in itself a wonderful accomplishment. To have it be at the school which you have coursing through your veins is another thing all together. I can only speak for myself but I would venture to say that everyone who posts here is thrilled to see a post such as yours. Congrats to your daughter and although I live in Florida... I now have a reason to closely follow the Syracuse Women's Soccer team... and that I can assure you I will.
Well done sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom