Bleacher Report Article leaves Boeheim off his top 20 COY list | Syracusefan.com

Bleacher Report Article leaves Boeheim off his top 20 COY list

lol good old bleacher report

I know it means nothing its just frustrating to see that his name doesn't shoot out at you when thinking of the potential Coach of the Year

Come on, bleacher report? That's like being mad that your 6 year old didn't fully capture the rugged essence of your manly stubble in his crayon drawn family portrait.

On ESPN last week, Andy Katz (of all people) said Jim is one of 3 or 4 coaches who should be given consideration for it. Just saying... Andy Katz.

On ESPN last week, Andy Katz (of all people) said Jim is one of 3 or 4 coaches who should be given consideration for it. Just saying... Andy Katz.

There are no more than a half dozen coaches in the running for this award and Jim Boeheim should be among the top four.

I think this is the best coaching job he has ever done. This team does not possess some of the weapons that would make us a great team but he has done a masterful job with the players he has and made Syracuse as good as any school in college hoops this season.

Go Cuse!

Last edited:
It's a wide open, yet meaningless race. No criteria for voting. No predictive value going forward. Might as well give it to Mike Brey for the 18th time.

That said, and I'm assuming it's only based on the regular season, if Marshall doesn't get it they should consider abolishing the award.

It's a wide open, yet meaningless race. No criteria for voting. No predictive value going forward. Might as well give it to Mike Brey for the 18th time.

That said, and I'm assuming it's only based on the regular season, if Marshall doesn't get it they should consider abolishing the award.

Mike Brey was only named national coach of the year once.

I agree that Gregg Marshall is probably the favorite to win it. Wichita State has a boatload of players back from last year's Final Four team and the Missouri Valley Conference did lose one of its top hoops programs when Creighton moved to the Big East, but it's hard to trump a coach who has a perfect record during the regular season.

Last edited: