Blue Tusk is closing | Syracusefan.com

Blue Tusk is closing

I hope whoever takes over is vibrant and takes advantage of that prime location

This is super sad. I get the sense that neither side (especially Scripa) is telling the whole truth here.

I think the commercial real estate market is going to be really ugly for awhile.

Yep and it's happening everywhere. Tons of long time establishments here in NYC are closing up and being scooped up by Corporations.

This is super sad. I get the sense that neither side (especially Scripa) is telling the whole truth here.
The next tenant is going to face blow back if it’s a bar/restaurant

What does that mean?
That space needs a bar that’ll catch your eye from outside. The street appeal is ideal. Get someone who will keep that place cool, local and fun.

That space needs a bar that’ll catch your eye from outside. The street appeal is ideal. Get someone who will keep that place cool, local and fun.

I don't know if that condo was purpose-built with the Tusk's tenancy in mind, but that was a perfect layout for them and a pretty terrible layout for 90% of the market. Too linear. New tenant almost has to be a bar.

I don't know if that condo was purpose-built with the Tusk's tenancy in mind, but that was a perfect layout for them and a pretty terrible layout for 90% of the market. Too linear. New tenant almost has to be a bar.
Fine with me. Armory needs a better happy hour bar with Blue Tusk and Empire gone

Story kind of sucks but guess the outcome is better than what it could've been. At least in terms of my interests.

Agreed.

I'm late to this but I'm gonna miss the Blue Tusk a ton. I will never forget it was the very first place in Armory Square I had a beer at when I was a student at SU. I even remember the beer I ordered, a Harpoon IPA, because I am a Boston native and it was something I knew.

:(

My 4 favorite Armory bars from my time at SU are all gone or heavily neutered. Clark's was my #1. Gone. Empire. Gone. Blue Tusk. Gone. Awful Al's Cigar Bar. Not the same.

Agreed.

I'm late to this but I'm gonna miss the Blue Tusk a ton. I will never forget it was the very first place in Armory Square I had a beer at when I was a student at SU. I even remember the beer I ordered, a Harpoon IPA, because I am a Boston native and it was something I knew.

:(

My 4 favorite Armory bars from my time at SU are all gone or heavily neutered. Clark's was my #1. Gone. Empire. Gone. Blue Tusk. Gone. Awful Al's Cigar Bar. Not the same.

Al's was my go-to. Loved that place. Played darts in the back and hung out on the couches. What a great time.

I honestly dont care for most of the downtown armory square places rarely been. If we go downtown we are going to dinosaur bbq. Do like press room pub. Do want to hit ale n Angus sometime for their legendary burgers.

I honestly dont care for most of the downtown armory square places rarely been. If we go downtown we are going to dinosaur bbq. Do like press room pub. Do want to hit ale n Angus sometime for their legendary burgers.
Ale n Angus is certainly worth a try. I think Blarney (perfect simplicity) and The Evergreen’s burgers are best at the moment though

Al's was my go-to. Loved that place. Played darts in the back and hung out on the couches. What a great time.

I adored Al's. Our late 90s Saturday night tradition, when we were doing the Square (as opposed to Marshall), usually involved a warm up beer or two at Tusk, then many hours spent drinking, smoking cigars or the occasional cig, and playing pool or darts at Al's, and then usually in the 1a range walking/stumbling to Clark's for our nightcap beer or 2, roast beef sandwich, and more darts.

Damn I miss those times. They are all gone (Al's is still there but its just different).

Last edited:
I’ve never had a fun night at Al’s. It offers the same atmosphere you could get having a beer on the couch with your friends at home

I’ve never had a fun night at Al’s. It offers the same atmosphere you could get having a beer on the couch with your friends at home

I will concur the post early 2000s Al's got very muted. Awful Al's became just plain Al's. But when it was still a full cigar bar and smoking was fully allowed, it was a really fun vibe.

That’s an entirely unexpected take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom